What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Had a complete rethink of the mounting set up for my aux lights. Moved them off the forks and mounted them to the mirrors. I have yet to test them at night but this should provide me a lot more light on the road and also be less of an annoyance to other drivers.

Mounting lights like that way down low really is not ideal as they have to be aimed up to get any light on the road. At a distance, they just dazzle on coming traffic and light up trees.

ciaW7T1l.jpg

Did a 200 mile loop with a few friends today that was about 60% dirt and gravel.

How did the little dual-sport Honda do keeping up? My 15 year old is looking at bikes. I'm trying to steer him toward that little Honda CRF250L instead of a pure street bike. I remember how much fun I had on street and dirt, but I grew up riding in the dirt and he hasn't been able to do that. Maybe a Ninja 300 or CBR250R or CBR300R would be better. I've even considered the CBR500R or the CBR650R for him. He really wants the Yamaha SR 400 as he likes the classic 70's look (as do I), but the price for what you get is outrageous.

as I damaged my front fender some time, I negotiated a deal with my Triumph dealer for a replacement front fender. He had two 800XC bikes in his showrooms where the frontfender was esthetically damaged by adhesive tape. So he went to triumph to get new fenders and he could scrap the "damaged" ones. So the deal is I got this "damaged' fender for 20€.

Attachments

• Image3 (4).png
    Image3 (4).png
    685.4 KB · Views: 63
New pads, EBC rotors, Michelin's, and Amsoil/filter change. Rode it a few miles this morning here by work, first time since the knee surgery.

Last edited:
Knocked the dust off of the SV650S and rode her to work yesterday ... Since the FZ1 is waiting on a new gauge cluster ... until October 7th:jaw drop:

First msjor service on the ST
eseru2ud.jpg
blew a fork seal at 42,000 mi. The forks look pretty beefy
nyhama4y.jpg
new coolant, brake& clutch fluid, clean & re- pack wheel bearings to come. Here is where im at after about ten hours of work.
vegy2apy.jpg
ahy7ezyr.jpg
y4y3ageh.jpg

Having issues with my Tiger. It will not idle. Went for a 200 mile ride and towards the end it just would not idle. I have had it taken apart for two weeks trying to figure out what is going on. Chasing down every internet lead I find but nothing has worked. I am just going to have to cave and take it in to an authorized service center.

Back