What did you do to your FZ today?

Opened my latest can of worms this afternoon. I'm going to try to install an integrated (in the Tach) gear indicator. got it today from Healtech its their usual unit with a custom mini remote display. Started stripping everything down again. Will post more if this works if not I might just hide!

I just saw this mod, Hope you have success with it Blanchy!
I'm definitely going to give this a go... this ones right up my alley too being an ex-avionics technician :tup:

I just have to order the gear indicator...

I'm definitely going to give this a go... this ones right up my alley too being an ex-avionics technician :tup:

I've been wanting a gear indicator for a while so I'm also awaiting Blanchy's results. I'm not concerned about the complexity of the install as I'm sure I can handle it. More interested in seeing how well it integrates into the the instrument cluster. I want something that looks factory...

I've been wanting a gear indicator for a while so I'm also awaiting Blanchy's results. I'm not concerned about the complexity of the install as I'm sure I can handle it. More interested in seeing how well it integrates into the the instrument cluster. I want something that looks factory...

So you two are candidates to send a dash and indicator to do the work for me!! :tup:

New Ram mount and Aqua box for gps came in the mail today.
IMG-20120208-00594.jpg

Is that Aqua Box mounted to your handle bar? Im looking at getting my gps attached too. Is it one unit (the box and mounting gear)? And lastly how much was it if don't mind me asking?

Ok Got a problem for you. I'm using an aftermarket white facia? Did a trial and the display shines through nicely (Yet to try it with bright sunshine) If I have to it should be easy to cut out a hole the looks good as its quite thin and flexy. Now the problem, for the OEM facia I don't know how to get a clear area as shown in the youtube video and I don't speak spanish. It looks like he uses some sort of solvent but trial and error might destroy it and I guess that you can't buy just the OEM facia.

Ok Got a problem for you. I'm using an aftermarket white facia? Did a trial and the display shines through nicely (Yet to try it with bright sunshine) If I have to it should be easy to cut out a hole the looks good as its quite thin and flexy. Now the problem, for the OEM facia I don't know how to get a clear area as shown in the youtube video and I don't speak spanish. It looks like he uses some sort of solvent but trial and error might destroy it and I guess that you can't buy just the OEM facia.

Ah ok, yeah... they usually screen print the facia....
You know I thought the facia was cut out... I didn't look at the vid that much...
well I suppose the first thing to try would be paint thinners...

Lets see if we get a Spanish speaker here.

I can help ;)

He used masking tape to tape the square area and then used nail polish remover to remove the paint from the exposed area. Then he also used some sort of plastic packing tape to get clean edges. I suspect that the masking tape being paper didn't stand up well to the nail polish remover.

Peeled the sticker off the gas tank. That is some kind of glue! Probably used on the space shuttle.

Hahaha! Did this last summer, it took me about a week (on and off) using a heat gun, goof off, wd-40....it all helped but in the end it was a whole lot of rubbing. No damage to the paint job though!

Back