What did you do to your FZ today?

That is a nice lift, very compact.

I have a home made lift that a friend gave to me to baby sit for him. It weighs a ton! Probably 200+ lbs. It is so awkward to move that I don't use it. I just roll the track bike up on it for storage.

Tank Bag

I got my "Engage" bag from TwistedThrottle yesterday. Product is by SW-Motech. Curved underside contours nicely to the curve of the tank. Not perfect, but it gets the job done. I also put together a mounting bracket to hold my phone in the slots that are part of the Tank Bag.

This is a "Quick-Lock" bag. I had to install a mounting bracket on ring around the gas fill. It comes off with a tug on a piece of cord sticking out from under the bag near the windshield.

Last edited:
I installed my Motodynamics integrated tail light. (my first mod!) Then went riding with my best friend (owns a 2006 FZ1)
2012-02-16_13-34-21_318.jpg

2012-02-16_12-59-51_249.jpg

Video- my camera made it look like the tail light is flashing when the brakes are not applied, but I assure you they do not flash. Dont know what caused this. :/
http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h441/Speed4341/?action=view&current=2012-02-16_14-29-08_273.mp4

2012-02-17_13-57-39_849.jpg

Last edited:
Organized and stared at my growing pile of parts. :tup:

IMG_2238.jpg

I know we'd get along for sure Bogie, cause I do the same thing! I just sit and daydream sometimes. I must have looked at my set of Bridgestones that are sitting here in my livingroom at least 5 times this evening! I think I have a sickness!!!, at least my friends think so.

Tell us what you rekon. That would have been much better going through Galston Gorge last weekend!

I just got back from my first proper ride with the new gearing.

I forgot how much fun this bike was with -1+2 gearing.

The bike just rips through the gears now, the acceleration is vastly improved and the front end gets very light with big throttle inputs.

I might need to get a steering damper now.

I can now use 3rd gear where I was previously using 2nd gear way high in the rev range.

Slow, tight corners can be taken in second with nice drive out of the corner.

Fuel economy has suffered a little but I don't care as the bike is so zippy now it's not funny.

Well recommended, especially if you have a naked bike.

Saturday FZ1 events

Filled tank for first time, lubed chain and changed oil/filter (1st 3,000 miles). I road it 11 miles to a breakfast to get more practice riding a sportbike. Never got over 45, but it was a blast.

THIS IS TO MUCH FUN.

I just got back from my first proper ride with the new gearing.

I forgot how much fun this bike was with -1+2 gearing.

The bike just rips through the gears now, the acceleration is vastly improved and the front end gets very light with big throttle inputs.

I might need to get a steering damper now.

I can now use 3rd gear where I was previously using 2nd gear way high in the rev range.

Slow, tight corners can be taken in second with nice drive out of the corner.

Fuel economy has suffered a little but I don't care as the bike is so zippy now it's not funny.

Well recommended, especially if you have a naked bike.
Sounds good. Who cares about fuel econony anyway. Its about fun!

Just ordered the following.

Regular ASV levers
blue neons
chrome blue rim strips
speedflip :)
switches and wire
flush mounts
carbon fibre rear indicators and mounts

next on the list:
carbon fibre cluster sticker kit
thinking of destickering it too.
suspension getting set up soon