What did you do to your FZ today?

I went for a two hour ride earlier today before the heat really kicked in here, my first long ride since my "get off" and I started puttin' her all back together. Very happy to be back on the road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a darn thing but cover her up, It's been raining here for the past 5 days :(, not hard, but that annoying slow drizzle that lasts all day. While i have to no problem getting wet, I won't leave home in the rain.

I don't mind getting caught throughout the day, but i wont purposely leave in the rain.

A good friend of mine installed Dale Walkers Stage 1 jet kit and the air induction removal kit. That .mixed with the M4 slip-on and I have a new beast to ride. It's like getting a new motorcycle. Smooth, responsive, great sound and going to check the mpg change over the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

I rolled my Rizoma bars down to -3 and took her out for a nice twisty test ride. She feels like a full on sportbike now! 91 degrees out so I didnt ride to long. Still, a short ride is better than no ride!

A good friend of mine installed Dale Walkers Stage 1 jet kit and the air induction removal kit. That .mixed with the M4 slip-on and I have a new beast to ride. It's like getting a new motorcycle. Smooth, responsive, great sound and going to check the mpg change over the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Your mileage shouldn't change all that much with a Stage 1 kit with Slip-on. Just remember that you'll probably be hammering her a bit more now so don't be surprised to see a 2 or 3mpg drop in fuel economy. It's called FUN!!!!

Osup!

I feel your pain, spent 7 hours in the rain returning from Mallacoota yesterday, went through 4 pairs of gloves but the Tiger Angel suit kept the rest of me dry.

We must be nuts.

Today I synced the throttle bodies (think the accident threw them off because I had just done it before that) checked the flies to be sure they are all ok, and cleaned my K&N air filter. Oh, and turned the idle up to 1300 where it should be. Runs great now! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strapped on USB TAPP Lite, very handy.

DSC01096.jpg

Installed Puig dark smoke racing screen.

DSC01069.jpg

Nothing... Looked at it. Has 60 miles on it...Got it 2 days ago. Damm Seattle Rain!!! Did tell my mom about it today... Pretty Sad, 34 years old and still worry what Mom will think. Cracks my wife up everytime I buy a big ticket item..."did you tell your Mommy yet" its our little joke. I'm not even a mommas boy.

425 mile ride included HWY 68, the Cherohala Skyway, HWY 28 South, Dams, Waterfalls, Lakes, and dinner! Had a spectacular day, got a little wet which was fine until we decided to stop to eat dinner before I got dry. Had to ride home with wet undershorts that got hotter the closer I got home. Nothing like hot water (sweat?) dripping down your legs, I thought the seat was on fire!

Finally got my fender eliminator and LED turn signal lights installed. I had the FE for a couple weeks, but was waiting for the turn signals to get in (they came from an eBay seller, and I wasn't pleased with the brightness of the LED's).

Anyway, the quick little project turned into a half day thing, because the FE seller didn't give me enough electrical connectors to make it work, and the underbody of the bike isn't quite the way that they made the FE to fit. It doesn't have the contours that my bike has...is the FZ1N different than the FZ1? So, I went to Lowe's not once, but twice! Once for the connectors, then another time to get longer bolts, and some kind of a "one-off" to keep everything in place.

And then...I had to drill into the license plate, because apparently, these people didn't even know how far apart the license plate holes are! It truly was one thing after another on this mod. :confused0024:

I love the lights, and I do like what I did with the FE, just upset that I had to do modifications to a piece that was supposed to fit my bike! I am happy to rid myself of the stock fender....and it is a mod that is all mine! :D

Back