What did you do to your FZ today?

I'll be riding mine to WORK... yes, work. I have to go in at 5pm as we are taking down the entire company and our parent company for a major SAN upgrade. Hope to be out by midnight but the outage is scheduled until 5am tomorrow morning.

@Billy - I'll be curious about the valve adjustment. How many miles on the ODO? I hope he gives you specific details on what, if any, adjustments he makes on all 20 valves. :tup: Sorry you have to go without a ride for that long!!

I'm actually over by about 4K as I have 30,000 miles on her now. The bike has been running fine as of late but I have a few bucks from some extra days at work so I figured to get it done now rather than later. I'm sure that if there is any adjustments made he'll definitely fill me in on all the details. I've known Ivan a little over 3 years now and he is very professional when it comes to wrenching on bikes, especially the FZ1. I'll let you know how it turns out. It's only a few days so it won't be that bad. It felt funny coming home to an empty garage though.

Rode the crap out of it. Got home change the oil(Repsol 10w40 sport) and a K&N filter. I like the K&N because you can use a regular wrench on it. I'll be in Vermont next week so it was probably my last ride until I do my trackday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rode the crap out of it. Got home change the oil(Repsol 10w40 sport) and a K&N filter. I like the K&N because you can use a regular wrench on it. I'll be in Vermont next week so it was probably my last ride until I do my trackday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm jealous being "bikeless" for the first weekend since Spring came along. I sat and watched both the AMA Races and WSB Races to help with my withdrawals!

Got my USB power port in yesterday. Trying to decide where to mount it. I may just put it on the bar since I plan to get a weather proof bar mounted case for my iPhone.

I washed my FZ1 yesterday, with the help of my 9 year old daughter and 11 year old son. We missed a few spots, but it was fun. Sorry no pictures :( :nono:

We also washed the wife's '09 Ninja 250r, cleaned and lubed the chain (chain clean up and chain wax). I forgot to warm up the chain first :spank2: but I'll lube it again soon after it's warm.
x75920.jpg
41MYdsqxVSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Then my wife and I took a couple hour ride, just slow and calm. Even kept the bikes clean (at least as clean as they were).

Since I'm a monkey with a wrench (not good) :( the Ninja is going to the shop today to get lowered a bit. They'll also assess the parts needed to fix the tip over (no frame sliders :() from last year. Now that she has a bit more experience, we feel ready to get new plastics on it.

Last edited:
Changed out the stock fender trip hazard with Graves FE & LED Light Bolts for my 1st mod. Did 1st 1000km service & oil/filter.

Yamahalube oil change kit. Too funny. It’s like a happy meal for your bike with key chain prize.
DSC01055.jpg

Graves FE. Trimmed holes smaller to fit plate width, but allowed me to run LED bolt wires into stock signal base along with bolt extra length.
DSC01067.jpg

Got my title in the mail!!!!!!!! Woot!

Also mounted my Bags Connection Sport Panniers. I am very impressed with the quality of the components. Everything was perfect and easy to assemble. They even give you the film to place on your bike to prevent scratching the paint. If I have any complaint it is that I wish their bolts were stainless steel. I am afraid they may rust so i coated them with a little grease.

With just the bracket installed. This is as deformed as my bike will ever look.
6767d1310516271-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-bracket-only.jpg

6768d1310516271-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-bracket-only2.jpg

Here it is with the supports installed.
6769d1310516271-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-support.jpg

6770d1310516271-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-support2.jpg

Here it is with the bags installed.
6771d1310516271-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-bags.jpg

6772d1310516306-what-did-you-do-your-fz-today-bags2.jpg

Just got the call from Ivan. The bike is finished! All my valves were in spec so I'm good until 50K. I'll be picking her up tomorrow after work. It will be nice to have her back in the garage and now I can rest knowing that all is well with the motor. It's funny, because Eric, in a previous thread, had said how your supposed to flush the cooling system before using the Engine Ice, which I didn't do and Ivan actually made it a point to tell me that he found the coolant dirty with something in it, which was remnants of the 50/50 mix that was in it originally. He used Engine Ice again and now everything is clean. I'll have to do a better job of reading instructions in the future! He also has all my valve specs written down for me. Can't wait for tomorrow!

It's Friday and still no bike! Of course as Murphy's Law would have it, there was a major traffic snafu at the bridge yesterday afternoon which caused me to turn around and head back home. I never would have made it by closing time. Ivan would have waited but he had an appointment at 6. So tomorrow morning it is.

After several bugs to the neck during my last few times out, I ordered another Zero Gravity Sport Touring Screen. This time in smoke. I like the Maier AeroBubble i got off of ebay for $30 something but it's not tall enough to stop the bugs from hitting my neck. I learned that I hate that feeling and after stunning a bee and having him drop into my bra and waking up half an hour later to crawl around before he made his escape when I opened my collar to see if it was a bug or sweat.

Back