What did you do to your FZ today?

Just ordered my Bags Connection Sport Panniers from Twisted Throttle.
TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag System Yamaha FZ1, '06-'11, FZ8, '10-'11 - HTA.06.740.10300
15915-425x350.jpg

Just ordered TAPP Lite Waterproof USB Power Port
TAPP Lite Waterproof USB Power Port | 362-061 | J&P Cycles
362-061_A.jpg

...and now trying to decide which sport touring windscreen I want for my long trip.

Oh! ...and I paid off my 2009 FZ1. Well kind of anyway. Lets just say I am financing it to myself at a much lower APR. At least I will have the clean title in hand.

Awesome on the (kind of) payoff!

Good looking USB port! I'm personally looking into a cigarette outlet - seems a little more universal to me.

Looked at it and rotated the mirror out of the way so I could pass by easier...sad. This weekend I have to take her out for at least 30 minutes; it's been at least 3 to 4 weeks. 102 is just no fun to ride in.

Awesome on the (kind of) payoff!

Good looking USB port! I'm personally looking into a cigarette outlet - seems a little more universal to me.

Yeah I guess it depends on what you need. I looked at all the electronic gadgets I have that I might want to take on a trip and every single one can be charged via USB. Even my GPS (though all I use now is the iPhone with blue tooth. Plus the interface takes less space in/on the body work.

Last edited:
Looked at it and rotated the mirror out of the way so I could pass by easier...sad. This weekend I have to take her out for at least 30 minutes; it's been at least 3 to 4 weeks. 102 is just no fun to ride in.

:funpost:

118 with 30% humidity here the other day. 40 miles in, 40 miles home.

Mesh Jacket + Wet Underarmor = AC!

On a serious note, it was no fun to ride in and my head felt like a steamed pee.

On a serious note, it was no fun to ride in and my head felt like a steamed pee.

Steamed pee, now THAT is funny!

Many, many years ago I rode my GS1100EX from PHX to LA in mid-July. It was brutal. I stopped at the Circle K's along the way and hosed my leathers down with water. Then I bought the largest iced tea I could fit in my tank bag. I slipped one straw over another and managed to sip my tea at 62 mph. That was back in 55 mph days! What a long trip. The day before I'd gone from Denver to PHX. Once I got to LA I didn't sit on my bike for several days.

Brother, you need one of these! A Hyperkewl vest...

CoolVestSlv.jpg

Makes the ride from Yuma through El Centro and up to the mountains a mucho easier task!

Yeah I guess it depends on what you need. I looked at all the electronic gadgets I have that I might want to take on a trip and every single one can be charged via USB. Even my GPS (though all I use now is the iPhone with blue tooth. Plus the interface takes less space in/on the body work.

True. All of my devices can be powered via USB -- but my GPS traffic antenna is built into the cigarette charger cable. Otherwise yeah - I think USB is better.

Shew - I don't know how you do it. A few years ago I was in Arizona in July and I didn't even like existing, much less gearing up and going somewhere.

Just ordered my Bags Connection Sport Panniers from Twisted Throttle.
TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag System Yamaha FZ1, '06-'11, FZ8, '10-'11 - HTA.06.740.10300
15915-425x350.jpg

Just ordered TAPP Lite Waterproof USB Power Port
TAPP Lite Waterproof USB Power Port | 362-061 | J&P Cycles
362-061_A.jpg

...and now trying to decide which sport touring windscreen I want for my long trip.
Hi Hail, Those rear panniers look good, slim and not too big for some comfortable touring. Ive got the YAMAHA touring screen from the States web site, its great but you have so many other brands to chose from in US. All the touring screens take the wind off your chest and comfort is what touring is all about. That bike has a really nice chain guard!

Last edited:
I got the lowers removed this morning and gave her a quick rub down with the Honda Polish. Leaving here at 9:30am to drop the bike off at Ivan's for the valve adjustment. It's gonna be a boring weekend to say the least! I'll be picking her up either Tuesday after work or first thing Wednesday morning. At least I won't have to worry about it again for a while.

I'll be riding mine to WORK... yes, work. I have to go in at 5pm as we are taking down the entire company and our parent company for a major SAN upgrade. Hope to be out by midnight but the outage is scheduled until 5am tomorrow morning.

@Billy - I'll be curious about the valve adjustment. How many miles on the ODO? I hope he gives you specific details on what, if any, adjustments he makes on all 20 valves. :tup: Sorry you have to go without a ride for that long!!

Back