What did you do to your FZ today?

I've installed a map on the PCV!

The nearest map to my mods is the Autotune 860_2 map from the Dukes Maps folder. I don't imagine it's gonna be great but it'll have to do until I can get a custom map arranged!

Replaced my 5 year old HJC with a new one:
mc5.jpg

Frame Plugs

Installed my "Lawst Caws" frame plugs that came in the mail today. They are rediculous money for what they are but they did work great! Full review and pictures after the weekend.

I took the long way to the gas station so the tank will be full in the morning for my first Dragon run. Finally decided to give up on mounting the d001/chinese md80 to the bike, I will stick with the helmet location and get another cam for mounting to the bike hopefully in time for the June Rally (and my birthday!)

Took a better picture of the whole bike with the Yosh slip on.
DSCF3121.JPG

Put the replacement rear rotor on, cleaned & lubed the chain, and mounted the back wheel again. Rode for three hours this evening.

There. That's what I did today.

Tomorrow I pick up a whole set of calipers from an '01 being parted out, so depending on the weather, I might have rear brakes again! .. or just ride without them for another day or two.. :) I'll strip down, clean up, and prep the fronts for a quick replacement during the week..
..a

What I Did Today

Today I paid off the bike in full! Saving $2700.00 in interest. It is a good feeling.

Also installed the Chin fairing, and all the parts that were over at the painter's shop for the last 3 weeks. I will post pictures in the other thread (Painting Project) as soon as I get her out in the sun.

Well haven't done anything to it yet today, but SpeedoDRD and Graves EXUP servo eliminator showed up :sinister:Oh and black ceramic coated header should be ready next week :D

Well haven't done anything to it yet today, but SpeedoDRD and Graves EXUP servo eliminator showed up :sinister:Oh and black ceramic coated header should be ready next week :D

I would really like to see the header, I was reading in my dads Eastwood cataloge about that....sounded quite interesting...please show when when you get it

I would really like to see the header, I was reading in my dads Eastwood cataloge about that....sounded quite interesting...please show when when you get it

Yea, I saw that too in the Eastwood catalog. However, the coating I'm having applied is good to 2000º F. If I remember correctly the Eastwood one was only good to 1200º F. And don't worry I'll be posting some pics ;)

Me, I just got back upstairs. I am now officially rolling on Mobil-1 Full Synthetic oil now. I was due for a change in a couple of hundred miles down the road, but I figured that since the gears were getting notchy, and that I'll probably be going a that long trip to Eric's next week, that I would change over now. I only took it for a quick spin since the wind is kicking up over 50mph over here but the notchiness from first to second is gone. As for overall feeling, I'll have to wait until tomorrow's ride. I am also officially NAKED again, at least until I get back from Eric's. I figured I'd cut down on the wrenching time and free up more riding time up.:) I'm ashamed to even show these pics after seeing Wolftamer's pipes so shiny and bright. I'm definitely breaking out the polishing machine tomorrow and fix them up real good!

001-20.jpg

002-21.jpg

Going Naked For Awhile....
003-19.jpg

I also removed the BikVis Modulator Light Set today as well. I had to unwrap all the taping I did to get down to the connections. I didn't want to just clip wires. Thats not my style. So until I can find a high intensity light kit that is reliable, I'm just gonna stay with the pod light mod.

RE: FZ1 today

Didn't get anything done to the FZ today . . . . but, my long awaited, OEM parts (to complete my crash-repairs) will be here this week sometime !
I am going to clean on my headers . . . . gosh those pics from wolftamer look great ! Thanks ! Now, I have more work to do while I wait on those missing parts'n pieces.
I did start up the FZ today. I should mention that I forgot to remove my bright orange, rubbery exhaust tip plug. The one you insert to keep wash-water out of the downward sloping pipe . . . wow, it sure did shoot across the garage when I cracked the throttle !
It's OK honey, I'm fine. That dent in the garage door has been there for awhile now.

Didn't get anything done to the FZ today . . . . but, my long awaited, OEM parts (to complete my crash-repairs) will be here this week sometime !
I am going to clean on my headers . . . . gosh those pics from wolftamer look great ! Thanks ! Now, I have more work to do while I wait on those missing parts'n pieces.
I did start up the FZ today. I should mention that I forgot to remove my bright orange, rubbery exhaust tip plug. The one you insert to keep wash-water out of the downward sloping pipe . . . wow, it sure did shoot across the garage when I cracked the throttle !
It's OK honey, I'm fine. That dent in the garage door has been there for awhile now.

Boy Pilot! If I had that garage setup, I'd never go into the house! I always wanted to see if anyone liked the Harbor Freight lift. It looks really good. I'm really looking to get one. My old tired back is soooo tired of laying down on the floor. You have a great garage there!

Back