What did you do to your FZ today?

You too... :ditto:

Carpal Tunnel Release surgery.

So far so good. I was at work the next day but I work in IT management so there's no heavy lifting.

The pain isn't too bad but it is significant. Today, two days later it's beginning to feel good. The tingling is almost all gone, the numbness is gone. I should have had this last winter but I can live with no riding for two weeks.

Installed the ohlins ya 906 rear shock 2 days ago. Difference was night and day!

Btw anyone knows how to adjust the preload on the YA906? The preload does not seem to have a clicking feel to count the number of clicks

Installed the ohlins ya 906 rear shock 2 days ago. Difference was night and day!

Btw anyone knows how to adjust the preload on the YA906? The preload does not seem to have a clicking feel to count the number of clicks

You set the preload up by measuring your riders sag which is typically around 35mm for a street bike. Do a search on measuring riders sag, there is a shed load of info on it all around the net.

Sent from my GT-I9300

And then a fast pace in the hills, another tank of fuel gone.
002_zpsbdd07e58.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Have that T6 in it, should get me to next season as I run 2 bike. I put it in the NH to and that made a difference for the good.

Phase 1 -- ugly and under $10 ais removal kit. Complete.

CAM00225.jpg

Copper gasket maker: $6
Rubber caps: $0.75

CAM00218.jpg

Buying the wrong size cap for airbox and using clear cap off of a spray bottle with gasket stuff: free

Unfortunately theWolf is not happy therefore phase 2 -- cleaning the engine had been delayed.

Sent from my Tablet PC using Tapatalk 4

I rode with a bunch of pirates on Saturday. We slowed down for every curve or hint of a curve and nearly stopped for all RR tracks, even the really smooth ones. Everyone was on a HD except for me and a Gold Wing and 2 Gold Wing tirkes. About 30 pirates ships all together. I only did it to ride with a guy I work with who volenteers with the rescue squad. It was an event to raise money for them. We made it almost 30 miles between bars! :woot: Next time I'll just donate money :( I got about 32-34 MPG on the way to the ride, but I got about 38-42 MPG on the ride. :smokin2:

On a good note, I was able to ride to work lastnight and will enjoy the ride home this morning. I think I'll be able to ride in the next 2 nights too. :sport12:

Removed the previous owner's custom made SS fender eliminator kit and got the rust off of it and/painted it. (Good design but he didn't polish it out)

Rewired the rear turn signals, the previous owner half-assed it pretty bad so I spliced them, heat shrunk the connections and tidied up the wire bundle.

Cut some bar stock and made a bracket to hold a custom LED plate light, seems the previous owner didn't feel the light was necessary but the CHP in Monterey County decided it was :ugh: I bought an aluminum LED at a marine supplier that I use because I could write it off. It had to be painted black as well as the support bar.

The above bracket was integrated with the new SW-motech Alu-rack topcase mounting hardware which I installed today too. I had to shim the right side with some of the extra spacers to get it lined up on center but other than that it was pretty straight forward.

Mounted the Motech/Givi Adapter plate and the Givi E470 topcase I recently bought from TWT. Tested everything and went for a quick ride before dark to make sure I didn't miss anything . I'm happy with it. It looks HUGE on the bike but its quite small in reality. I needed storage.

Oh an finally I installed my gold/black yamaha tank emblems. Really like the difference that little detail makes to the bike.

Well its official, my daay off this week was spent well and my bike is now a "tourer." I know purists can't stand the look, but its more comfortable now for the type of riding I do most.

:cheers:

20130820_175819.jpg

20130820_175831.jpg

20130820_185419.jpg

20130820_175857.jpg

Removed the previous owner's custom made SS fender eliminator kit and got the rust off of it and/painted it. (Good design but he didn't polish it out)

Rewired the rear turn signals, the previous owner half-assed it pretty bad so I spliced them, heat shrunk the connections and tidied up the wire bundle.

Cut some bar stock and made a bracket to hold a custom LED plate light, seems the previous owner didn't feel the light was necessary but the CHP in Monterey County decided it was :ugh: I bought an aluminum LED at a marine supplier that I use because I could write it off. It had to be painted black as well as the support bar.

The above bracket was integrated with the new SW-motech Alu-rack topcase mounting hardware which I installed today too. I had to shim the right side with some of the extra spacers to get it lined up on center but other than that it was pretty straight forward.

Mounted the Motech/Givi Adapter plate and the Givi E470 topcase I recently bought from TWT. Tested everything and went for a quick ride before dark to make sure I didn't miss anything . I'm happy with it. It looks HUGE on the bike but its quite small in reality. I needed storage.

Oh an finally I installed my gold/black yamaha tank emblems. Really like the difference that little detail makes to the bike.

Well its official, my daay off this week was spent well and my bike is now a "tourer." I know purists can't stand the look, but its more comfortable now for the type of riding I do most.

:cheers:

Purists, Schmurists....That's one very handy touring set up :tup:

I got to ride to work again tonight. My wife, Jodie, even took her Ninja 250R to work today. I got to wave at her on the road when she was on her way home and I was on my way in to work.

Back