What did you do to your FZ today?

Today, I went on a Skaggs ride with a buddy. On our way back home, some Harley guys turned out from a side road and ended up behind us. These were your typical badass biker gang type faggots. My buddy was in front and I was behind him riding in staggered position like normal. However, once these Harley guys came up behind us, they clearly had no idea what staggered riding is and their lead rider was right up on my ass. We approached a stop sign where my buddy and I stopped, and these guys just gassed it and blew right past us, blowing the stop sign. Whenever this happens it really just makes me laugh and I just let it go, because these guys think they're such badasses, but I could smoke them anytime I wanted. I really don't understand what they're thinking, because I'm very friendly and always wave to all riders, but these sort of riders seem to hate me. I think they're just jealous that I'm so much faster than them :)

Nice little ride today. Three laps of our mini version of Tail of the Dragon, Lake Bloomington. Did the scenic section twice because they did a section of it in chip and seal so I missed the turn off the first time and doubled back. 65 miles in total.

I've never been there. It sounds delightful. Send me a map route, please! :D

I've never been there. It sounds delightful. Send me a map route, please! :D

I would like to send you a map if I knew how to.

It's a simple route that is easily seen on Google Maps with one small twist and that's the scenic route off of Carver which hugs the lake. The scenic route is very narrow and you have to be very alert for autos as they take up most of the road while gawking. Most of the other roads are regular size county roads. The Green Gables has really scrumptious burgers. (You can use that as a GPS reference.) Or PM me but I won't be able to ride for the next two weeks as I'm getting carpal tunnel surgery this Wednesday.

Just search for Lake Bloomington IL and you'll be able to see the route. The lake is northeast of Hudson. I think it's about a two hour ride for you to get there.

It's a simple route that is easily seen on Google Maps with one small twist and that's the scenic route off of Carver which hugs the lake. The scenic route is very narrow and you have to be very alert for autos as they take up most of the road while gawking. Most of the other roads are regular size county roads. The Green Gables has really scrumptious burgers. (You can use that as a GPS reference.) Or PM me but I won't be able to ride for the next two weeks as I'm getting carpal tunnel surgery this Wednesday.

Just search for Lake Bloomington IL and you'll be able to see the route. The lake is northeast of Hudson. I think it's about a two hour ride for you to get there.

Good luck with your surgery. Prayers and thoughts. No surgery you have done is minor!

My family and I are taking the cage up to the east side of Lake Michigan to various points in MI this week. We will be back this weekend. Let me know as soon as you are able to ride again and I'd be more than happy to find a time to meet up. :Rockon:

I had hoped to get a ride in today before we leave early tomorrow morning, but the sprinkles kept the Beast in the garage. It's not worth the clean up riding on a wet road or in the rain, right Billy? :poke:

Good luck with your surgery. Prayers and thoughts. No surgery you have done is minor!

Thanks. My hand surgeon said that I'll be able to go back to work the next day but should refrain from lifting more than one pound with my left hand for the two weeks. That includes pulling back on the clutch lever.:surrender:

My post-op appt is 8/26 which will be either I can ride or not (most likely I can unless he has to go through the palm).

If you are using Windows, look in your accessories folder and there is a program called Snipping Tool. Get on google maps and pic all your destinations that are part of your route. Once you have the route highlighted then fire pull up the Snipping Tool, box out your part of the map you want to capture, then save file. Final product is something like this.

View attachment 15646

If you are using Windows, look in your accessories folder and there is a program called Snipping Tool.

Google Maps recently updated, and I haven't been able to find the "link" tool. There are lots of things "missing" in this "upgrade" (more like a downgrade in my opinion, but that's a topic for another post), but you can still get to "Classic" Google Maps:
Click on the "Help & Feedback" link on the right side of the screen.
Click "Return to classic Google Maps"​

Once you have "Classic" maps open, there is a link icon (looks like a chain) that you can click to get a link to the current map view. This works for locations as well as routes.

Google Maps recently updated, and I haven't been able to find the "link" tool. There are lots of things "missing" in this "upgrade" (more like a downgrade in my opinion, but that's a topic for another post), but you can still get to "Classic" Google Maps:
Click on the "Help & Feedback" link on the right side of the screen.
Click "Return to classic Google Maps"​

Once you have "Classic" maps open, there is a link icon (looks like a chain) that you can click to get a link to the current map view. This works for locations as well as routes.

I understand about the links. I like using the snip because that way it is a jpg that I have forever.

Put on a pair of cheapy frame sliders. I have almost dropped the bike in dirt lots a couple of times now so this is my main concern as of now.

These are the same model, although I bought them on ebay:
Yamaha FZ1 No Cut Black Frame Sliders (2006-2011)

Installed a set of Satan666's Highway pegs this morning... this afternoon I'm gonna take a couple of hundred miles out and about so I'll report back later.

Post a couple of pics later too :D

Edit...

Ok so I had a few days off and was bored. Ended up on a 700+ mile ride!!! The hwy pegs are a great addition for the long stretches... I routinely stopped only because I HAD to. With the frame sliders and pegs your legs can kinda lock in which is nice while remaining safe because they come out quick too. I went from Southbay in LA to Monterey and spend one night in Morro Bay. Lots of contruction traffic on 1 north and south of Big Sur if anyone is local. Here's a couple of pics...

pegsandsliders3.jpg

pegsandsliders.jpg

pegsandsliders2.jpg

castaictomonterey-map.jpg

Instead of putting them all in here, here are some of my pics from the trip...Roadtrips| Photobucket

Last edited:
Ordered the SW-motech topcase rack, adapter plate and a Givi E470 monolock case. After this latest trip, I'm really sick of having to unstrap my backpack from the passenger seat everytime I want to take my camera out. I'm in full tourist mode on 75% of my rides with the camera so hoping this helps.

I don't like wearing the backpack in the hot sun just adds to it.

Also, ordered a mirrored facemask for my helmet too.. the sun fried me on this last 700+mile. I can keep the clear one wrapped up in my new topcase for any night riding.

Still haven't cleaned her after getting back from Monterey... I should be beaten.

Back