What did you do to your FZ today?

I took off my Rizoma Sportline grips and installed some Progrip 724 gel grips.
I was getting numb hands way too often so hopefully the gel grips will help a bit.

Sent from my GT-I9300

I ordered a new rear tire. At about 9,000 miles, the rear 190/50 PR3 is finally shot in the middle. It's so sad how much I still have on the sides. Damn straight, flat roads in IL.

My front still looks decent, so I'm getting a 190/55 rear PR3 to finish out the front. Then I plan to try a PP3 front to finish out this rear and finally add the PP3 rear and I'm hoping the PP3's will wear out about the same time. We shall see.

I think tire, mount and balance is will run me about $250. That's them taking the wheel off the bike and putting it back on for me.

I was getting numb hands way too often so hopefully the gel grips will help a bit.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Good luck with those grips and let us know if it helps.

I went the cheap route and wrapped cushioned tennis raquet grip tape over the throttle grip to increase the diameter and to provide some vibe absorbsion. So far it's working well after 500+ miles. It's a $7.00 mod.

Sent from my GT-I9300

I had the same problem with the sportline grips, too slippery on the inside where you grip them so you have to hold tighter resulting in numb/sore hands. I switched to the Rizoma Lux grips and have solved the problem.

I had the same problem with the sportline grips, too slippery on the inside where you grip them so you have to hold tighter resulting in numb/sore hands. I switched to the Rizoma Lux grips and have solved the problem.

Excellent, that's what I wanted to hear. I'll give the new grips a good test this Saturday.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Finally got around to cleaning off the bugs from the 400 miles of traveling in the flatlands and cornfields of Central Illinois last weekend.

Some of those were superbugs. Turtle Wax bug and Tar cleaner took care of them.

Finally got around to cleaning off the bugs from the 400 miles of traveling in the flatlands and cornfields of Central Illinois last weekend.

Some of those were superbugs. Turtle Wax bug and Tar cleaner took care of them.

I know what you mean. I still need to clean the FZ1 and Ninja 250R from our 750 mile 2 day trip to Galena, IL. It seems like every time I cleaned the visors, it wasn't 50 miles before another giant bug spread his guts all over it again! Eeewwww!

Another 300-mile bum burner :surrender:

ventura_loop.jpg

I know what you mean. I still need to clean the FZ1 and Ninja 250R from our 750 mile 2 day trip to Galena, IL. It seems like every time I cleaned the visors, it wasn't 50 miles before another giant bug spread his guts all over it again! Eeewwww!

I don't mind the little black ones but it's the huge yellow/green ones that splatter right in front of your eyes that get me.

qusumejy.jpg

Powdercoated pipe,bars,risers,can clamp and bolt,bar ends black. And painted tree black.
uzuju2yd.jpg

Put a adjustable raising link on and raised it up 3/4".
7azehe2y.jpg

Made a bigger stop for the centerstand since i raised it up the old stop was too short.
anuve3uh.jpg

Installed flushmont led turnsignals and relay for turnsignals.
zequvy6a.jpg

Sorry if the pics turn out upside down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Nice little ride today. Three laps of our mini version of Tail of the Dragon, Lake Bloomington. Did the scenic section twice because they did a section of it in chip and seal so I missed the turn off the first time and doubled back. 65 miles in total.

Back