What did you do to your FZ today?

Fitted R1 Shock

:yes:Fitted it this morning with Satan's adapter. Did a short test run. All settings on minimum. Trying not to be influenced by the placebo effect? BUT what a difference. I picked a piece of road nearby that I rode on last weekend lots of bumps (patchwork quilt) and its so compliant but no wallowing and no kick up the rear. Now to get the forks working in with the rear.:sinister:

Fitted my Arrow header yesterday !

It turned my FZ1 into a flame thrower :yes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoVa8pPy6xI]Yamaha FZ1-N spitting flames - YouTube[/ame]

Still have to adjust the mapping in the power commander. The Arrow header wil turn red from the heat, that might indicate it being slightly lean? However, I wouldn't think it'd shoot flames?

Rode about 230 miles for my first ride of the year.
GEDC0017.JPG

Temps in the low 70s according to the Gauge of Eternal Coolness. :nana:

Also tested my new mini hd dvr. Videos pending.

Rode it to Virginia and back with my wife and a couple of other friends, one on his first-gen FZ1 with his wife and the other guy on a V-Strom 1000, just a little over 200 miles. It got into the mid 70s here today. AWESOME!
72533_10200405842015453_1979707786_n.jpg

Plasti Dipd

After about 10000km, the plaint on the lower part of my front guard was chipping and the Belly pan middle was looking a bit sandblasted. So I Plasti Dipped them. Gotta put a black pin strip on the guard join area but suits the rest of the lower part of the bike IE All gloss, Satin or flat black. Also polished my headers.

I watched her for a few minutes while the dogs went to do their business this morning. Saw the little green light on the Battery Tender Jr... so I know she's ready. I have to get ready to do some work on her though, new front brake pads and the velocity stacks are on standby.

Winked at her as I drove off to work. I think a small drop of oil squirted from the left headlight as she sat in the back of the garage. She's very sad not having been out for almost 75 days now. She's desperate for my attention and there's nothing I can do right now.

Can Spring come sooner please?

Installed Ohlins FGRT 206 forks and R1 brakes and speedo healer. Pics to follow. The lower fork height has really improved turn in and steering control (bike feels even lighter) and the ride is oh so smooth. Brakes still need a little bedding in. It's a perfect match for the marchesinis. Ohlins rear shock is on order, 5 weeks until arrival.

Rode about 100 miles running errands inlcuding paying for the Advanced Rider Course at the local MSF group. Checked out the Schuberth C3 again and did not like the sales guy that helped me this time. He flat out asked me "so, are you ready to take home the white one?" (mind you after I said I never want a white helmet) and I said "No........" I left after that, I'll check/buy it from somebody else now.

I installed the new clutch perch I got to install the Fz8 mirror that I was gifted by an Fz8 forum member. I did manage to strip the screws out of both the spring lock and switch (btw, wtf is this switch for, the bike still runs and I rode it after I was done). I'm going to have to order more from partshark but it's only like 20 bucks for everything I ruined. Another idiot tax for me.

Installed new Michelin PR3 tyres and GPR rotary damper.

After taking my 1st corner, i was gleefully smiling under the full face helmet.

the vibes are gone and the bike stays perfectly in line throughout the corner

I rode up South Mountain in Phoenix, I practiced hanging butt cheeks off and noticed that it was soo much easier to corner and a lot more comfortable.

I got it on my Contour +2 and will be posting a video hopefully before I go to bed tonight.

Got the registration inspection done today to renew the registration. Was told that to make my Akra slip-on legal I need a small data plate fixed to the muffler with the make and model of the bike that this specific muffler is designed for and the decibel rating of the muffler (which is conveniently the same as the stock one, cough cough, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, :tup: )

Stubby levers turned up today, Chinese cheapies which are suprisingly good quality and an awesome fit. Got my mivv can and link pipe ready to fit tomorrow too. Time to make some noise!

Back