What did you do to your FZ today?

-8*c and 8 inch of snow......... Get some studded tyres man!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX_weIUwd_o]EXTREME 258 KM/H SUR LA GLACE : MATCH PORSCHE GT3 RS FACE A YAMAHA YZF 1000 R1 - YouTube[/ame]

Cleaned mine after getting caught in a little drizzle on the way home Saturday. I really like that Rejuvenate stuff that Waltrip endorses although I can't imagine using it on a car. I'm putting it on my Christmas List. No clean Baby pics as rain/thunderstorms rolled in today.

Last edited:
I watched that this weekend, wicked. I took the Fz out for about 45 minutes. No wet from the sky but no sun either so it's still all wet. Had to pay attension to slick stull like tar, covers, painted stuff. Still was a hoot. It felt so good on the seat. And no cops in my path :sport12:

Hahaha I'm not good in fahrenheit, we work in celsius here, -8 celsius is 17.6 fahrenheit :tup:

I'm seriously thinking about studded tires, but on my dirtbike. A friend and I wanna make ourself a little track on a frozen lake near home.

Now that the rain from the last few days is gone I got to ride her to work:

df0b7a08460911e2a2f822000a1f97e4_7.jpg

Gorgeous morning.

Had the new tubes/seals installed along with the .95 spring mod from Glenn. No more leaks. Finally got around to adjusting the suspension. Everything is adjusted but the PO still has the pre-load on the rear maxed out. Anyone have any luck adjusting it without a spanner tool?

Hopefully I can get the dog bones made up too soon.

there is a special tool for the preload adjuster, I have one that came with the bike toolset

How's your front now? I installed .10 hyperpro springs and 10wt oil and I'm still unsatisfied with it, I think I'm going for a R1 fork

Just 'tuned' the Yamaha touring screen. Reduced its height by about an inch and a half to stop that hideous turbulence that almost deafens me at motorway speeds. I'll see how it does later when I take her for a ride.:)

This is probably the best mod I've done so far. Turbulence has gone, and the wind hits just under my chinpiece. Took her up to a ton with no ear discomfort. In my eyes, that's a result!

there is a special tool for the preload adjuster, I have one that came with the bike toolset

How's your front now? I installed .10 hyperpro springs and 10wt oil and I'm still unsatisfied with it, I think I'm going for a R1 fork

It feels a heck of a lot better than it did before. Granted the springs were low on oil to begin with. Much firmer and not anywhere near as much nose dive. I have not had a chance to take her out into the twisties since it has been raining for the last 3-4 days here. Hopefully soon though.

Back