What did you do to your FZ today?

Took a nice canyon run and gave the fz1 her fist oil change.

fz11007.jpg

fz11003.jpg

fz11005.jpg

fz11008.jpg

The FZ today . . . .

Moved my beautiful, black, heavily modified, FZ out to the sidewalk and put up a "for sale" sign just to see what would happen . . . . .

Yep. SOLD it. daaaaaaaang , , , , , now what will I do ?? :banghead:
That is the FASTEST I have EVER sold a motorcycle !! ONE DAY !!
daaaaaaaang , , , , , , Maybe I should have asked abit more money . . . . . . . . . .
The new owner is just back from across the sea and is former military. He lives in Indianapolis, saw the FZ out front of my house, and, wala !! I like people with CASH . . . . . . ..;)

what are you going to replace it with?

I don't know ethan , , ,, It won't be another FZ though. It's sad, but the ole knees just won't allow it any longer. My advanced age coupled with the arthritis in the joints is really making the sportbike scene way, way, too uncomfortable for me.

I still have the Burgman 650 and the cushy old Goldwing. Both are pretty easy for me to ride.

This was my second FZ, and the second time I tried to make it work. Me riding one on a regular basis that is . . . .

I know !! I need to get myself a,, one of a kind , , , FZ-TRIKE !! yikes!! :deadhorse:

installed a new set of BT016's on the beast tonite with my trusty Nomar tire changer.I can say that the rear tire was fighting me the whole way till it finally popped onto the rim.maybe I will actually get to ride it someday soon.The Ninja has been getting all the riding action this year

Rode 1,200km. One piece of mounting near the pillion footrest for SW Motech side racks came off to god knows where. =.="

Had to use cable tie to secure it temporary...

Bought a replacement from Twistedthrottle. Those guys customer service was excellent!.

The replacement part cost me USD$6. USD$2 for scews and USD$15 for shipping only..grrr...next round will use locktite to secure all mounting of racks.

Rode 1,200km. One piece of mounting near the pillion footrest for SW Motech side racks came off to god knows where. =.="

Had to use cable tie to secure it temporary...

Bought a replacement from Twistedthrottle. Those guys customer service was excellent!.

The replacement part cost me USD$6. USD$2 for scews and USD$15 for shipping only..grrr...next round will use locktite to secure all mounting of racks.
1,200km in one day?

I don't know ethan , , ,, It won't be another FZ though. It's sad, but the ole knees just won't allow it any longer. My advanced age coupled with the arthritis in the joints is really making the sportbike scene way, way, too uncomfortable for me.

I still have the Burgman 650 and the cushy old Goldwing. Both are pretty easy for me to ride.

This was my second FZ, and the second time I tried to make it work. Me riding one on a regular basis that is . . . .

I know !! I need to get myself a,, one of a kind , , , FZ-TRIKE !! yikes!! :deadhorse:

Sorry your knees couldn't hold up. I'm glad it went to a good guy.

I vote you replace it with a Connie 14, or FJR! They should be easier on your knees and still eat up the twisties. Maybe trade that Bergman for a T-Max? :hook2:

I know... a Super Tenere!

Bummer, Gary! If you want something easy on the knees and a hoot to ride, how about a motard? Yamaha and Suzuki both make fun, reliable ones in the WR250X and DRZ400SM. They are the most fun you can have around town and are quite tall and upright, stretching out your legs. Worth a test ride at least

You already have the long haul bike and the Burgman would be your commuter so a motard would round it out :)

Last edited:
got my bike back from the shop for tuning. after installing the full holeshot comp exhaust, and timing advance, plus KNN filter and airbox mod. I did not get a pre packaged jet kit, I had the shop modify and replace what was needed.

I ended up with 133 hp and 72 ft/lbs. Not to bad really.

The next thing may be an AIS block off. . i get a TON of backfire and popping on deceleration. anyone else have a link to a gen1 kit?

Sorry your knees couldn't hold up. I'm glad it went to a good guy.

I vote you replace it with a Connie 14, or FJR! They should be easier on your knees and still eat up the twisties. Maybe trade that Bergman for a T-Max? :hook2:

I know... a Super Tenere!

Bummer, Gary! If you want something easy on the knees and a hoot to ride, how about a motard? Yamaha and Suzuki both make fun, reliable ones in the WR250X and DRZ400SM. They are the most fun you can have around town and are quite tall and upright, stretching out your legs. Worth a test ride at least

You already have the long haul bike and the Burgman would be your commuter so a motard would round it out :)

HOLY COOOOOW ! Guys!! With FRIENDS like you guy's , , , , and all these many choices you have sent me , , , I could go broke !!
heh,heh,

I am leaning toward a MOTARD. I especially like the KTM duke 690 !! Do you guys happen to know the ins and outs of these?? How is the seating/leg position on a duke ?

I feel like I would need at least a 650 or bigger. After the FZ1 , , , the smaller bikes wouldn't be fast enough for me I'm afraid. :poke:

Last edited:
Back