What did you do to your FZ today?

Fixed up the headlight protector and frame sliders at the bike shop

but the bike did not manage to complete registration on time with the government bodies..damn...

no choice can ride on the read legally only on monday:(

I'm back from the bike shop! WOW!!!!!
It is so much smoother off the line now!!! It's making 144hp, up from 137 std.
I'm just waiting for the email from the bike shop with the graph printout. I'll post it as soon as I get it.
Andy (Bluey) and John (ballmead) turned up and ballmead even put his bike on the dyno. THanks for tuning up today guys! It was a pleasure to meet you both! :D Can't wait for our next ride!

I'm back from the bike shop! WOW!!!!!
It is so much smoother off the line now!!! It's making 144hp, up from 137 std.
I'm just waiting for the email from the bike shop with the graph printout. I'll post it as soon as I get it.
Andy (Bluey) and John (ballmead) turned up and ballmead even put his bike on the dyno. THanks for tuning up today guys! It was a pleasure to meet you both! :D Can't wait for our next ride!

Good stuff Scotty, it's like riding a new bike now, hey?

View attachment 10326Went for a ride after a rough week of replacing worn front tire, syncing the throttle bodies, then riding home on a back tire with 18 pounds of pressure because of a leaky valve stem (change your valve stems every tire my friends) FINALLY a fun relaxed ride...a pose in the obligatory Texas blue bonnets...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 10326Went for a ride after a rough week of replacing worn front tire, syncing the throttle bodies, then riding home on a back tire with 18 pounds of pressure because of a leaky valve stem (change your valve stems every tire my friends) FINALLY a fun relaxed ride...a pose in the obligatory Texas blue bonnets...

Hey Missy! If you get a chance could you straighten out that telephone pole in the background......It's throwing off the symetry! :nana:

Great shot by the way! :sport12:

Washed the bike and put on a Mag-Knight Magnetic Tank Bra

Before
20120421_111330.jpg

20120421_111340.jpg

After
20120421_114020.jpg

20120421_114031.jpg

Rode four times this week

Today I lubed the chain (3600 miles) and she got her monthly Saturday bath and polish.

I tried to ride all week at 2k-3k RPM in all gears. I filled up Thursday night and she got 42mpg for the week. I was not successful when the light turns yellow, but most of this week, was a lite throttle to test my "in town riding MPG." This will get better when I use the freeway to commute.

Did Sac Bike Night Thursday. It was a 600cc Rice Rocket/30 Something Clubs show. I had to leave early, but in 2 hours there was "maybe" 200 bikes and growing.

Last edited:
Today I lubed the chain (3600 miles) and she got her monthly Saturday bath and polish.

I tried to ride all week at 2k-3k RPM in all gears. I filled up Thursday night and she got 42mpg for the week. I was not successful when the light turn yellow, but most of this week was a lite throttle to test my in town riding MPG. I am sure this will get better when I use the freeway to commute.

Did Sac Bike Night Thursday. It was a 600cc Rice Rocket/30 Something Clubs show. I had to leave early, but in 2 hours there was "maybe" 200 bikes and growing.

Nice! I can't wait until Bike Nights start over by me! Thanks for the pics.

That Gen I belongs to Parts Dept Clerk

Nice! I can't wait until Bike Nights start over by me! Thanks for the pics.

That is his 4th FZ1. He is late 50s and said "after 40 years of riding, and several GSXRs, its the best bike I have ever owned. It just does it all."

When I pointed to the 2012 ZX-14 and Busa they brought, he said, "Never own a bike you cannot pull out of a ditch," then pointed out the scrape down the left side of his fairing.

: oops:

Hey Missy! If you get a chance could you straighten out that telephone pole in the background......It's throwing off the symetry! :nana:

Great shot by the way! :sport12:

Lol...every pole out there is like that..I'd be busy awhile. :)
Thanks! It was a good time, always smells good this time of year, all the flowers and folks cutting their pastures.

Installed PCIII and loaded the "Lars" map onto it. Cold and rainy here today. Hopefully the weather will clear up within the next few days and I can take the bike out and try it.

385615_3777166354527_1437904395_3490311_263295064_n.jpg

I didnt do all of this today but since I had to remove everything to get it painted I decided to do a little work while the plastic was off:

First was the AIS block off:

FZ1mods_011.jpg

Then there was the Lars airbox mod:

Airboxmod001.jpg

Airboxmod002.jpg

Next was the sub-throttle plates:

V-Stacks_101.jpg

Then I added Ivans FCE which works like a dream!!

I bought some of these!!

FZ1mods_001-1.jpg

You can see the original velocity stacks next to the new ones for a comparison:

FZ1mods_008.jpg

Finally the K&N air filter and I topped everything off with a PC-III I found on flea-bay that was from an R-1:

V-Stacks_104.jpg

I have to say that through every step of every modification I did I relied heavily on this forum to provide me with the info and even step-by-step pictures and descriptions of how to do it all. Without you guys I could never have done all this myself ::worship:

Here is the "almost" finished product which includes a Copperdawg seat cowl and a Sergeant seat:

Paint_005.jpg

Paint_012.jpg

Paint_011.jpg

Paint_008.jpg

Paint_007.jpg

Paint_010.jpg

Rearsets, suspension and "maybe" the Arrow header would probably complete everything else I need :)

Back