What did you do to your FZ today?

Semi-Local guy. David Verdecchia(Vcyclenut on Facebook/ebay) Flash and shipping was REALLY affordable and he's only 1.5 hours away from me in Fort Myers Florida if I need him to make any adjustments.

Just got back from a quick blitz around some decent roads. A bit of traffic out so I couldn't be too much of an a$$. Post flash report:

Fuel cut definitely disabled. On off transitions much smoother. Engine braking doesn't seem much different. Lower and midrange throttle response is more precise and linear. The bike is a bit easier to ride but I've only put 1500 miles on it so far so I don't have much of a basis for comparison. Going to have a dyno tune done some time in the near future to get a fuel map setup properly. Not too shabby for 60$. I'm sure Ivan's tune is the bee's knees but I don't have the coin for that right now so this option was a good bit easier to deal with.

Just got back from a quick blitz around some decent roads. A bit of traffic out so I couldn't be too much of an a$$. Post flash report:

Fuel cut definitely disabled. On off transitions much smoother. Engine braking doesn't seem much different. Lower and midrange throttle response is more precise and linear. The bike is a bit easier to ride but I've only put 1500 miles on it so far so I don't have much of a basis for comparison. Going to have a dyno tune done some time in the near future to get a fuel map setup properly. Not too shabby for 60$. I'm sure Ivan's tune is the bee's knees but I don't have the coin for that right now so this option was a good bit easier to deal with.

Who did your ecu?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Went down just one more time to finish cleaning out the Cat this evening. I got as much as I'm going to take from the walls of the header pipe. The space is now wide open a free flowing. I hammered and chiseled whatever else I could get to and then I broke out my latest utensil I made at work............

I took a rough 1-1/2" grinding stone and lengthened it using a 1/4-20 Stainless Machine Screw and locked both ends with lock washers and nuts.
IMG_0891_zpsc5ccf531.jpg

This was the finished product and I'm satisfied with the outcome. I vacuumed most of the particles out with the shopvac and started the bike to blow out the rest.
IMG_0893_zps3e0502cf.jpg

I'm sure that if I had a Lift Table in the garage I probably could have gotten it even cleaner but I don't and nor did I want to be laying on the garage floor trying to get it cleaner. Once the YZF sells, if it ever sells, I'm going to invest in the Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift for sure. I've been dying to get one for a long time but with two bikes and the trailer in my tiny garage it's just not feasible at this time.

I'm very close to where I need to be with the 09'. Just two more weeks and I'm officially done with any and all modifications to the bike! Had a great conversation with Ivan today and learned just a bit more about the workings of the GenII. Now to block off the AIS and install this...............

IMG_0897_zpsf565d9ce.jpg

IMG_0896_zps67263570.jpg

Okay, now I really mean it! No more mods after this!!!! :p

Fixed that for ya Billy! ;) You're going to love the difference. Don't forget the LARS airbox and aftermarket air filter!

Hey! Quick Question! Can I install a Map on the PC5 while here upstairs on the Home PC or should it be connected to the bike first? I'm thinking that since it has a base map installed I should be able to install another map before going downstairs. Otherwise I'll load the program on the laptop and bring it down with me.

If you play with your maps as much as me then I would load the program onto your lap top for future use. The PCV gets its power from the usb device it's plugged into so I suppose it would allow you to load a map before being installed on your bike.

Sent from my Nexus 5

If you play with your maps as much as me then I would load the program onto your lap top for future use. The PCV gets its power from the usb device it's plugged into so I suppose it would allow you to load a map before being installed on your bike.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks Ballmead. I figured it should be able to accept a map up here, and yes, I'm installing the program on my laptop but since I haven't used it in so long, it's got a ton of updates to do first and it's going to be a while.

It worked just fine upstairs. Map loaded successfully. I used the M22-015-003 which is for the Two Brothers Slip on and stock or modded airbox/ stock air filter. That should suffice until I get up to Ivan's again on the 23rd.

Fixed that for ya Billy! ;) You're going to love the difference. Don't forget the LARS airbox and aftermarket air filter!

Nice new "artsy-fartsy" avatar Eric :)

You know, I think I've gone off chopping up the airbox for a few hp gain on the top end.
I put a stock lower airbox back into my FZ1N and I can't detect any difference in the power, it's just much quieter and maybe a bit smoother too.
My fuel economy seems to have improved a bit since i went back to the stock airbox too.

Nice new "artsy-fartsy" avatar Eric :)

You know, I think I've gone off chopping up the airbox for a few hp gain on the top end.
I put a stock lower airbox back into my FZ1N and I can't detect any difference in the power, it's just much quieter and maybe a bit smoother too.
My fuel economy seems to have improved a bit since i went back to the stock airbox too.

I'm definitely not cutting up the airbox and I'll be leaving the stock filter in place. I've ridden Tony's bike with the airbox mod and don't care for the noise at 4K which is where I am most of the time on the bike.

Back