What did you do to your FZ today?

I had a new set of Michelin Pilot Power 3 tires (190/55 rear) put on with beads and right angle valve stems. I only grabbed a couple bad pics. I'm excited to have some tires that are barely track worthy. I'm expecting them to be sticky on the dragon and such roads. Leaving the first Tuesday in September, back home the next Sunday.

This is with 23 miles on them, just the ride straight home from the install. They look strange because I have to ride down a gravel ally just before I get to my back yard. I guess I focused on the grass instead of the front valve stem, but I think you get the idea.

qyta5upy.jpg
u7erygyv.jpg
arebunuh.jpg
upaqe3ah.jpg

Last edited:
I had a new set of Michelin Pilot Power 3 tires (190/55 rear) put on with beads and right angle valve stems. I only grabbed a couple bad pics. I'm excited to have some tires that are barely track worthy. I'm expecting them to be sticky on the dragon and such roads. Leaving the first Tuesday in September, back home the next Sunday.

This is with 23 miles on them, just the ride straight home from the install. They look strange because I have to ride down a gravel ally just before I get to my back yard. I guess I focused on the grass instead of the front valve stem, but I think you get the idea.

qyta5upy.jpg
u7erygyv.jpg
arebunuh.jpg
upaqe3ah.jpg

I immediately focused on that spot of dirt on the rim below the valve stem! Might want to get that wiped off pal! LOL! :poke:

Ran downstairs this morning to get the P4 Tip installed into the Two Bros. Can. Installed very easy after getting the right Torx Bit, and the gold color matches nicely with the gold accents on the can.

IMG_0916_zps8d9cbb93.jpg

IMG_0918_zps3c095120.jpg

I like the toned down exhaust note much better now and I imagine once Ivan does his "thing", it will sing beautifully! Thanks again to Eric for the great tip!

A small comparison vid, first without any tip and then with the P4 installed.

[video=youtube;bCxM06ATU0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCxM06ATU0Y[/video]

Last edited:
Awesome Billy! Just for reference though? That is actually a P4 tip. ;) It does make it much closer to stock and you get the HUGE benefit of the weight reduction and maintain the performance increase. Michele and I ended up with the P1X tips. We like the deeper tone of that one with the added reduction in noise.

Awesome Billy! Just for reference though? That is actually a P4 tip. ;) It does make it much closer to stock and you get the HUGE benefit of the weight reduction and maintain the performance increase. Michele and I ended up with the P1X tips. We like the deeper tone of that one with the added reduction in noise.

Oh Crap! I have some editing to do!!! I could have sworn you said P7 before. I think I put it in the video too, damn! Either way it sounds so much nicer! LOL!

The weather finally cooperated and I was able to sort out my PCv firmware issue and was able to take her out for a test ride with Ballmead's map.
I am very happy to report that my exhaust odor is not as strong as before and rideability is just as good as with Ivan's map.
A big thanx to Ballmead:Rockon:

Went for a 250km (3 1/2 hour with stops) ride with the father in law. he was on his FJR, I was on the FZ1. awesome day, not too cold, nice and sunny, SPRING IS HERE! Then I spent 45 minutes washing all the bugs off the bike and riding gear. still smiling as I sit here typing this with a cold frothy to drink.

Pics post wash.

Attachments

• 20140821_143951.jpg
    20140821_143951.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 20140821_143945.jpg
    20140821_143945.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 102
Went for a 250km (3 1/2 hour with stops) ride with the father in law. he was on his FJR, I was on the FZ1. awesome day, not too cold, nice and sunny, SPRING IS HERE! Then I spent 45 minutes washing all the bugs off the bike and riding gear. still smiling as I sit here typing this with a cold frothy to drink.

Pics post wash.

really awesome bike there!!!!!!!:bowdown::bowdown:

really awesome bike there!!!!!!!:bowdown::bowdown:

Thanks.

It's a beauty isn't it?

Hey Dicko, you don't seem to be using much travel on your front forks? or maybe you moved the cable tie up when you washed the bike?

Yeah I have moved it. It was definitely lower than that when I got home. Hit one bump hard enough today to get front & rear wheel off the ground momentarily... Glad it was on a straight stretch of road. I didn't see it in the shadows of the trees, I saw it at the last split second, enough to realize it was a tree root coming through the pavement. I'm sure that will be fixed next time through. If not I remember where it was to keep an eye out for it. If I had the Go Pro on it would have been a big shock on the screen. I thought I was back on the downhill mountain bike for a second!

Took my bike out for a shake down run with my latest PCV map.

I'm really happy with this map, it combines cruising rpm fuel savings combined with 5250 rpm+ performance settings in the 0-20% throttle range.

Last edited:
again on the racetrack with the FZ1

not today, but last Monday I spent a fun day with the FZ1 on the Mettet racetrack. Although at first it was again a bit adjusting riding the bike with handlebars instead of clipons, but at the end got the hang of it...Again was so pleased to be able to go full throttle and experience the bike's top end power at max rpm. THIS.BIKE.GOES.FRICKING.FAST.
Downside is, as it is a rather technical track, the braking power needs improving (or maybe it's me needs to improve :bowdown:)

Attachments

• Image3.png
    Image3.png
    710.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Image1.png
    Image1.png
    737 KB · Views: 104
  • 20140818-Mettet-2663.jpg
    20140818-Mettet-2663.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 76
  • 20140818-Mettet-3323.jpg
    20140818-Mettet-3323.jpg