Vista givng you problems??

X DJ myself -- mainly progressive house/breaks/jungle/acid jazz -- and of course the Retro Night back in the college days. Still think in terms of beats and what I could mix in and out of when I hear certain songs.

As for the Mac Book Pro -- I use alot of RAM intensive programs that need fast processing if I'm to be productive at work -- CAD large .pdf's of CAD files and there were actually two other people to give \"their\" input of PC's. Soon to be creative suite -- photoshop (just acquired)

I don't know what to do but I guess it'll involve a trip to the Apple store to get some Q/A and then go search for the deal there.....

Happy to report...for the moment, that I'm in a stable environment and the computer is behaving as it should.

Offer your two cents---I might cash in on it...

Adam
My MacBook Is upgrdable to 4Gigs of RAM. The 17 inch monster they came out with is upgradable to 8GB, but thats a little bit rediculous and expensive.

Well, never been to the WMC. I was fortunate to have alot of djs pass through and even had the the semi finals for the technics battle competition roll through for two years.

DJ P was the winner and runner up the following year.

To date myself, the mp3 technology was just being introduced. 750.00 for some used tables and a mixer and many postal crates to haul the vinyl around.

Napster was just in it's infancy.

I don't think a song would of playedb longer that a minute if I had mp3 capability instead of hauling the vinyl around.

Last edited:
But I wanted the quad core with all the bells and whistles....:drools: I had enough, until the misses said she needed to have a laptop (ohhhh well....)

Indexing Options

Hey Eric,

so I typed "indexing" in the search option and pulled up an interesting window labeled "indexing options"

I'm still getting a bit of HD activity on the new laptop, and could this be the culprit? On the old one, since I haven't used Outlook, my original problem has lessened significantly.....

Adam

Back