Vista givng you problems??

Yes. So the SP for Vista and for Office/Outlook... or were you considering one and not the other?

Was going to go from the route of removing and installing from scratch. But since there is the major update, maybe it'll fix it for me....if not, I'll save the present configuration, before update, and rollback (again) should I find the need for more headaches.

I just want the thing to do what I want, when I want, and in a manner of how I want, or else.... :stupidPC:.

Adam

Last edited:
I do alot of large file attachments (architectural drawings and such) and there is a \"free\" (limited file size transfer and so much space per month) called \"You Send It\". It has the ability to send from outlook with there plug-in, but it quit working. I just go use the website when I have to send files, but sometimes it is nice to have the ability to do within outlook.

Interesting. I should have known that it was work related. Pretty cool. Boy, I remember back in college in 1980, I had to wait in line to use the 'Blueprinting" machine. Sometimes there was 20/30 people waiting at the same time. It was either that or you went to the art supply store and paid $2.00 dollars a print. Now there are CAD programs.

ok....half way through all the window updates and so far so good. Performance is being maintained, just half to see when I put it through the paces tomorrow for an actual work day..

Adam

Hey Eric,

why would MS have you download a later release of Office updates before letting you download the SP2 which was released earlier??

Adam

Maybe it was the compatibilty pack fixes for the future versions? Don't know but with MS, anything goes. At work? When I want to visit their "Secure" licensing site, I have to use Firefox because using IE 8 errors out on the license listing. How's THAT? :D

Computer is creating an Extra Document Folder...

yet another weird quirk to add to the madness that has already been experienced.

Under the user tab "Adam" where I keep/and vista keeps bits and pieces of information a new document folder has been generated. It is linked to my download folder but it shows up there and one level up (with a higher priority)

I delete it, yet it keeps coming back.

I use firefox and originally had thought it might have something to do with how it keeps track of downloads -- I've since disabled it to ask me where to download, but the problem is back.

anyone got anything?

Adam

Adam, is there ever anything in that folder? Can you please give me the whole path to the folder?

Easiest way to discover what is putting it there is to take that path, open regedit and search for the path. When you find it, it will likely be listed under the program that is creating it. You can change it there in the registry. Keep hitting F3 to search through the entire registry as it may be there more than once.

I hate to say it, but my macbook has no issues, and with the "parallels desktop" software, it runs Window XP better than a PC. I've had many computers over the years, and built many myself, and Mac really makes it hard for me to defend the PC as I once did.

I hate to say it, but my macbook has no issues, and with the \"parallels desktop\" software, it runs Window XP better than a PC. I've had many computers over the years, and built many myself, and Mac really makes it hard for me to defend the PC as I once did.

I have heard how rock solid Macs are, I just havent been able to get used to the operating system. It just seems that you have to do so many more clicks to get the same things done with one click on a PC. Everyone tells me that its not the case but I guess its because I have been using PC's exclusively forever.

Well, I have given Macs some consideration until it comes to the price tag. :jaw drop:

I've got soo many PC specific programs that I would essentially be running a PC inside an Apple.

I know that it can be done....maybe if I were to get some insight to take a step in the right direction and know what to look for that I might be able to find something on FlEaBAY as a test case....guess I'm open to suggestions....fire away...

I have heard how rock solid Macs are, I just havent been able to get used to the operating system. It just seems that you have to do so many more clicks to get the same things done with one click on a PC. Everyone tells me that its not the case but I guess its because I have been using PC's exclusively forever.
It does take a min to get used to, that I have to admit. I actually used it to load a map to my FZ1 from my power commander III this past weekend. Granted, I was using parallells desktop and XP to do this.

Here is the verdict, don't spend the extra bucks on a Mac Book Pro if your not a semi-computer geek that really needs the extra compatability. I am also a DJ. I bought the macbook to use for mixing music etc, and that's what most DJ's use. I was also tired of getting malware and having upgrade antivirus software all the time. I still use XP on my mac, because not a lot of programs are compatible with mac......at least not yet.

X DJ myself -- mainly progressive house/breaks/jungle/acid jazz -- and of course the Retro Night back in the college days. Still think in terms of beats and what I could mix in and out of when I hear certain songs.

As for the Mac Book Pro -- I use alot of RAM intensive programs that need fast processing if I'm to be productive at work -- CAD large .pdf's of CAD files and there were actually two other people to give "their" input of PC's. Soon to be creative suite -- photoshop (just acquired)

I don't know what to do but I guess it'll involve a trip to the Apple store to get some Q/A and then go search for the deal there.....

Happy to report...for the moment, that I'm in a stable environment and the computer is behaving as it should.

Offer your two cents---I might cash in on it...

Adam

Get that "groovy kind of love" off my decks --but come to think of it, most everything these days is sampled from the 70's because that is when they knew how to make beats that made the masses shake their a$$es.

So I guess yes, in a 120 beats per minute and higher.....

Get that \"groovy kind of love\" off my decks --but come to think of it, most everything these days is sampled from the 70's because that is when they knew how to make beats that made the masses shake their a$$es.

So I guess yes, in a 120 beats per minute and higher.....

If you can mix Carly Simon into a dance mix then you da man!

Janet Jackson -- "I bet you think this song is about you" (sample Carly, but still in a down tempo track -- approx 93bpm

so, it fits more of the first part of the evening.....but will take some creative diggin to come up with something more upbeat....

X DJ myself -- mainly progressive house/breaks/jungle/acid jazz -- and of course the Retro Night back in the college days. Still think in terms of beats and what I could mix in and out of when I hear certain songs.

As for the Mac Book Pro -- I use alot of RAM intensive programs that need fast processing if I'm to be productive at work -- CAD large .pdf's of CAD files and there were actually two other people to give \"their\" input of PC's. Soon to be creative suite -- photoshop (just acquired)

I don't know what to do but I guess it'll involve a trip to the Apple store to get some Q/A and then go search for the deal there.....

Happy to report...for the moment, that I'm in a stable environment and the computer is behaving as it should.

Offer your two cents---I might cash in on it...

Adam
That's the same type of music I play/mix etc. I love some deep house with tribal drums and bongo types of beats. I also like taking a dirty house beat and mixing it with a solid 80's hit from the past.

I'll also have to agree with you BroHay, the music in the 70's and early 80's was way more passionate and had real beats as opposed to everything being electronic now a days. That being said, I'm a huge fan of Benny Benassi, Danny Tenaglia, Roger Sanchez, Oscar G, Laidback Luke , Victor Calderone, Erick Morillo, just to name a few.

How about you, who do you like?

Armand Van Helden/BT/Bob Sinclair/Carl Cox/Tiesto/Tiefschwarz/

I might crossing the boundary into some Trance, but I'm in a mindset now of just listening and not necessarily doing any active mixing -- other than the ocassional mix .mp3 for my wife to workout to.

Went to college at KU, and played many a night at the Granada. It was nothing more than a gig for me to make some extra cash and get free drinks. I was good, and people usually had a good time--

Start out going though all the billboard crap and drop hints every now and then -- but after 1:00 -- it went wherever I felt like taking the bus at the time. Usually I was successful, but it was before the time when you could get the vocals already in the track -- so working 3 tables and dual pioneer cd.

Oh the memories.....

Adam

Armand Van Helden/BT/Bob Sinclair/Carl Cox/Tiesto/Tiefschwarz/

I might crossing the boundary into some Trance, but I'm in a mindset now of just listening and not necessarily doing any active mixing -- other than the ocassional mix .mp3 for my wife to workout to.

Went to college at KU, and played many a night at the Granada. It was nothing more than a gig for me to make some extra cash and get free drinks. I was good, and people usually had a good time--

Start out going though all the billboard crap and drop hints every now and then -- but after 1:00 -- it went wherever I felt like taking the bus at the time. Usually I was successful, but it was before the time when you could get the vocals already in the track -- so working 3 tables and dual pioneer cd.

Oh the memories.....

Adam
Yeah, I also like the artists you mentioned as well. I used to like tiesto more, but everyone in the industry that I've met says he's kind of a dick. I also enjoy Sinclair, Cox as well.

It sounds like you enjoyed it there at your days at KU.
I use the Torq Exponent DJ Controller by M-Audio With SynchroScience software on My Macbook Pro. I do it all with Mp3 Turntables that can mimic the CD and Vinyl turntables with a click of the mouse. I have the utmost respect for the ones that have done it with vinyl and the CD turntables. That takes longer to learn and my ADD would have kicked in before I ever allowed myself to learn it.

Have you ever been to Winter Music Conference in Miami? Thats where every DJ in the world come to meet and play for an entire week all over South Beach and Miami. It usually takes place at the End of March every year. If you have not been, it truly is a life changing experience. I went this year for my first time, and I'm hooked for life and am trying to move to South FL by the end of the year.

Back