"V Day" May 11th! Finally! Busting At The Seams!

It's pretty much official. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I will be the proud owner of this sweet, mint, 2009 Cobalt Blue FZ1. A special thanks for the seller Dave for giving me a week to pick it up, and a very big thanks to David (Earlzach) who went to see it for me and gave me two thumbs up! The bike is pristine with only 2,500 miles on the clock. Hardly broken in! I am so stoked it's not even funny! So here's some pics that David was nice enough to send me.........

ResizedImage_1399062166531_zpsbc776ffe.jpg

ResizedImage_1399062136788_zpsba5c1e00.jpg

ResizedImage_1399062109616_zps09537c02.jpg

ResizedImage_1399062059923_zps1a765da9.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm just tickled to death with this bike. After just talking to Brian, he reminded me that May 11th is Mother's Day. :jaw drop: I was so excited when I spoke to the seller that I wasn't even thinking straight. I'll have to call and ask him if it's okay to pick the bike up that day.

Thank you for allowing me to be your inspector. The bike is like new very well kept in every aspect. You got a great deal! Only 2500 miles, each oil change was done due to oil due date not miles. Records to prove it. The bike ran as new, I really enjoyed tooling around his neighborhood feeling the bike out. Dave the seller is a class act fellow. Nice score Billy.

Last edited:
I see Yamaha comfort seat(?), sliders, lowered rider pegs, FE kit and looks like LED rear signals... any other mods you know of? Sweet ride!!

I see Yamaha comfort seat(?), sliders, lowered rider pegs, FE kit and looks like LED rear signals... any other mods you know of? Sweet ride!!

I don't think it is the Yamaha comfort seat. Maybe a sargent? It doesn't have the FZ logo front middle and is too thin at the back.

Hahahaha!! I'm glad you guys are as excited as I am. I can barely wait the week. It's killing me! Okay, here's the lowdown. The seller is a member here and at the other site. As Dave said he is very nice and gracious on the phone. The seat has already been reupholstered so is better than stock, a big plus. He has the bars raised with riser spacers which I will put back to stock. I like them lower to the triple. He has the rearsets that have the drop in them which should be more comfortable for me and my old knees! Fender eliminator installed. Now I know you guys may think that some changes are down the line as you all know me by now, but I can assure you that I will not touch this bike with the exception of just three things: Black Shorty Levers, Braided Brake Lines W/ EBC HH Pads, and finally a Full Lower Fairing if I could find one in good shape at a good price. That is it! I have come to a point in my riding life that warrants me to just go out and ride and enjoying the bike. This WILL BE my last bike! At this point I'll be keeping the YZF for when I feel the need to hit the mountain, Deals Gap, PA Rides, or maybe a trackday. I truly love my YZF and it is like an old pair of jeans that fit just right. I will never get the money that I put into it, and unless I find someone that is only looking for that particular bike, no one would pay what I would ask not knowing anything about the history of the bike. That being said, it looks like I finally got a stable!!!!!!!!

Congrats! 2009 really is the best year!

Picture of mine on the ride home. My buddy Aaron and I drove up to Denver last October and he was nice enough to drive my car back home for me (see background).

These bikes are great! I'm taking mine to the Devil's Highway in Arizona next weekend. 4 days of motorcycle bliss, I can't wait!

Woo Hoo! Well done Billy. What an awesome find, well done mate. I'm very happy for you, especially after the disappointment you had with Blavenia's bike.
2500 miles on a 2009 bike and it still has the stock tyres wtf?

Last edited:
Thanks again everyone. The bike was "lightly" used to say the least, and according to David, he kept it immaculate. I guess South Jersey has been just a "Honey Hole" for me, giving me my first FZ1 plus a life long friendship, and now a second mint condition FZ1, and hopefully a new friend as well. I have been so fortunate in terms that since joining this great forum, I have not met anyone that has not been gracious and also those with whom I have met in person, I can consider true "friends", a term which if you know me I don't use loosely. I can count on two hands how many true friends I have and over half I have met here on the board. A testament to the quality of members that we attract here! Okay, I'm getting "mushy". By next weekend I'll post some shots of me and the new ride. People that know me personally can tell you that I don't smile much but rest assured there will be a super huge smile on my face when I'm on the new bike! :Rockon:

Back