Total loss

Completely totaled the FZ last night. Haven't seen the bike yet. I'm sure it'll new all new life though. Anyone have leads on new or used plastic, engine, forks, rims, etc? Was cobalt blue with gold forks before. Any help would be awesome.

Had my dark visor on at night, couldn't see the curve in the road. Took the corner too fast, hopped the curb, locked up the back/ both tires, layed it down in the next road, hit a sign.

Already found several pieces of the engine when I went back.

I'm doing fine. Roughed up. Just want to be on two wheels again ASAP.

Glad you're OK. Hard way to learn a lesson about visors though. :eek:

I do not have a lot of spare parts any longer or I'd help out. Can you get a detailed list and pics for us and we can all try and pull parts together for you.

Sorry to hear about the wreck, but glad you made it through relatively unscathed.

Parts for bikes, or whole bikes, are easy to replace by comparison to our parts.

As of now (without stripping anything):

Frame broken on both sides at original welds under seat
Tank dented,
oh shit handles on back gone
Front fairing destroyed
Front and rear rims bent/broken
Oil pan/ lower engine missing
Right/ brake side frame slider ripped out with chunk of engine attached
Rear brake lever destroyed
Shifter destroyed
One peg I believe brake side but, Can't remember which... Destroyed
Brake side passenger peg gone
Brand new two brothers BS exhaust gone
Manifold smashed flat
Forks possibly twisted

Sorry, but that is a scrap-heap. Cut your losses and find another bike. Frame AND engine alone . . . totally not worth attempting to rebuild.

Sorry, but that is a scrap-heap. Cut your losses and find another bike. Frame AND engine alone . . . totally not worth attempting to rebuild.

I'm already in search of something. wanting brighter color this time around. Red maybe. Not sure if I should stick with FZ1 or go R1/ XR10

Sorry about your wreck....just move on to something else. Are you sure the crash is solely attributable to use of a dark shield....or is there more involved, speed maybe or inattention to road conditions? Just make sure that you are mentally and physically prepared for a high powered bike. I seldom ride at night anymore but even with a dark shield I don't think it would prevent me from seeing the road if the speed was correct for the night conditions.

Good luck.

Back