This Guy Doesn't Like Bikers!

The bikers said they had never been on that road... If you're to believe them... You would think they had never met before / have no history...

Also.. You can't compare the offense when one may have cause the other... For instance ... TPJ stole VA's wife... Not an offense at all.. Then VA grabbed his .45 and put 2 in the back of TPJ's head... Now... That's an offense... And a pretty stiff one.... But it wouldn't have happened if event #1 didn't happen.

I never said that the truck driver wasn't wrong for doing what he did.. But don't sit here and tell me that the bikers are all innocent because "all he did was pass on a double yellow"... Like I said before.. This was likely the catalyst.. I'm willing to bet that had they stayed behind him, the confrontation wouldn't have happened... And I can damn near guarantee that had the first guy not placed his motorcycle between the truck and the left side of the road, there would not have been an opportunity for the truck driver to try to run him off the road.

Watch the end of the video again also.. The dude on the second bike is the one that does the initial physical move when they all have stopped.. He gets off his bike and goes up to the truck.. The guy in the truck doesn't get out and confront the bikers...

The bikers said they had never been on that road... If you're to believe them... You would think they had never met before / have no history...

Also.. You can't compare the offense when one may have cause the other... For instance ... TPJ stole VA's wife... Not an offense at all.. Then VA grabbed his .45 and put 2 in the back of TPJ's head... Now... That's an offense... And a pretty stiff one.... But it wouldn't have happened if event #1 didn't happen.

I completely disagree. Each person is responsible for their own actions and you cannot determine what those actions are going to be.
VA Rider could very easily give TPJ $2000 for taking his wife and breathing a sigh of relief. OR VA Rider may have decided that he has lost his most important thing and slide into a major depression. Either way - VA Rider chooses what he does or doesn't do.
This type of thinking is like saying the woman who walked home at 2am through a bad neighborhood deserved to get raped. That doesn't hold water!! That woman has the right to walk anywhere she wants anytime she wants.

I never said that the truck driver wasn't wrong for doing what he did.. But don't sit here and tell me that the bikers are all innocent because "all he did was pass on a double yellow"... Like I said before.. This was likely the catalyst.. I'm willing to bet that had they stayed behind him, the confrontation wouldn't have happened... And I can damn near guarantee that had the first guy not placed his motorcycle between the truck and the left side of the road, there would not have been an opportunity for the truck driver to try to run him off the road.

Watch the end of the video again also.. The dude on the second bike is the one that does the initial physical move when they all have stopped.. He gets off his bike and goes up to the truck.. The guy in the truck doesn't get out and confront the bikers...

I never said that you thought the bikers were innocent. In fact - I kind of felt like you proved my point in your response.
My point - to state it again - because this is exactly what I said: The lane crosser committed a traffic violation and should be fined. The truck driver attempted bodily injury and should be incarcerated. That illustrates the difference in the severity of their crimes. Yes crimes - they both committed them but one person tried to cause bodily harm to the other and that is not OK. Trying to kill someone or cause serious injury is not OK because someone passed you on the road.

WHat I saw at the end of the ride was the truck continuing to move forward (to the point to that the moto guy had to move his bike to keep it from being hit). Then I saw one of the 3 men holding a tire iron. I don't think it was a biker but I could be wrong.

And if you are responsible for your own actions, you also need to be willing to deal with the consequences of your actions... Passi on a double yellow carries a fine and is against the law... They were also obviously speeding by a good margin... The consequence was that they came across someone who was sick of being passed on a double yellow...NAND motorcyclists speeding up and down their rural road...

That still doesn't make what the truck driver did right... But.. Maybe they were the ones who were the final straw..

I disagree. If VA is willing to "put 2 in TPJ's head" then VA has a propensity to do so, and could in a whole lot of situations. One does not dismiss the other. While the bike "shouldn't" pass on a double yellow, he endangers only himself and has in his mind taken that chance being as sure of his safety as possible. The truck however...somehow I doubt that's the first time, or the last time. And it shows a willingness to endanger others.

It's like someone at work decides to move your stapler every morning. Maybe they use it and you don't like it. One morning, you decide to punch him in the face. You get fired, deservedly so. Obviously you have a propensity towards making the wrong decisions and lack impulse control.

I disagree. If VA is willing to "put 2 in TPJ's head" then VA has a propensity to do so, and could in a whole lot of situations. One does not dismiss the other. While the bike "shouldn't" pass on a double yellow, he endangers only himself and has in his mind taken that chance being as sure of his safety as possible. The truck however...somehow I doubt that's the first time, or the last time. And it shows a willingness to endanger others.

How do you figure that he endangers only himself? That is part of the problem here. The biker may be thinking the same thing, but clearly that is not the case. What if someone comes out of a driveway on the other side of the road? What if somehow he doesn't see or misjudges the distance of oncoming traffic? Is he really only endangering himself? Even if I'm in a car, colliding head on with a motorcycle can potentially cause me bodily harm or death so I don't buy the whole "he's just endangering himself" argument.

How do you figure that he endangers only himself? That is part of the problem here. The biker may be thinking the same thing, but clearly that is not the case. What if someone comes out of a driveway on the other side of the road? What if somehow he doesn't see or misjudges the distance of oncoming traffic? Is he really only endangering himself? Even if I'm in a car, colliding head on with a motorcycle can potentially cause me bodily harm or death so I don't buy the whole "he's just endangering himself" argument.

My point is that he wasn't deliberately trying to run someone off the road. That's attempted murder. And the problem here is a drunk red neck willing to kill himself, other motorcyclists, or even other motorists because he's to stupid to not drink and drive, and control himself. A deliberate attack on another human being. Period.

My point is that he wasn't deliberately trying to run someone off the road. That's attempted murder. And the problem here is a drunk red neck willing to kill himself, other motorcyclists, or even other motorists because he's to stupid to not drink and drive, and control himself. A deliberate attack on another human being. Period.

Exactly why he should have been beaten down with his own tire iron.

Exactly why he should have been beaten down with his own tire iron.

Sure, you could react like that... Imagine the public reaction to something like that. The media would completely forget about what the driver of the truck did and only focus on the 'violent bikers' and making the already bad stigma worse, which would then result in more of incidents like what happened in the video.

Or, just be a smarter person and get away from the situation and go about your day.

Or you could follow David Hough's advice from Proficient Motorcycling and be the rider who makes smart decisions to ensure his own safety.

Last edited:
I do understand where you are coming from. And most likely if it was me I would have done the same thing they did. Keep my distance and call the police. But still you never know until you are there and in that situation.

You think, the dude on the first bike was flying just to get away from that man. When you come to a stop after all that, your adrenaline is pumping like whoa and your heart is in your throat. Maybe that is why he just stayed at his bike and let the dude who was following the truck do all the talking and whatnot. Its easy to say what we would do from this perspective. When you are in the situation though, it is totally different.

As far as the reputation for the sport bikes, that will only get worse. New squids are yearly buying up the sport bikes and making a terrible name for us. The few of us around that are mature and actually care about the rules of the road will not out number those who don't.

As far as the reputation for the sport bikes, that will only get worse. New squids are yearly buying up the sport bikes and making a terrible name for us. The few of us around that are mature and actually care about the rules of the road will not out number those who don't.

Sport bike sales continue to decline so not sure about that and most of us do follow the rules. Problem is the public only "remembers" those few that don't follow the rules and that has always been and will continue to be the case. I ride sensibly and don't put too much emphasis on what the public thinks. I can't single handed change public opinion, but I do my part my making sure that I'm not one of the ones that they "remember".

Maybe its just around here then, but three quarters of the people on sport bikes around here drive like maniacs. But yeah, I understand what your getting at. I do the same, and I'm one of the few that drive sane.

Dumb Drunk Redneck (DDR) - I've just coined this phrase I think....

News item says he's arrested and in for some hard times after those bad decisions. Good no one was hurt.

Ok - so some idiot bikers don't hold on to the laws very tightly.... there is nothing giving any driver a reason to be angry at any one rider, or less so making him responsible for vigilante trying to run the guy off the road as he passed. Right at the beginning was where the driver did the most dangerous move, trying to keep the biker from passing in the first place. What a complete moron. I hope he gets what he deserves, as the news report says, attempted murder, or attempted assault with a deadly weapon, at the very least lose his right to drive ANY vehicle EVER again, except maybe a Vespa - that'll help reduce his testoterone a bit! LOL

at the very least lose his right to drive ANY vehicle EVER again, except maybe a Vespa - that'll help reduce his testoterone a bit! LOL

Hahahaha yeah because scooters are small and they're not manly LOLLOL!!!!! Not like me I have 150,000cc bike with 5,000,000HP BECAUSE I AM A REAL MAN ROARRR! IT WEIGHS 9000LBS BUT IT'S FINE FOR ME BECAUSE I HAVE BIG MAN MUSCLES! ROARRRR

DRINK BEER AND EAT STEAKS AND RIDE MANLY BIKES.

Hahahaha yeah because scooters are small and they're not manly LOLLOL!!!!! Not like me I have 150,000cc bike with 5,000,000HP BECAUSE I AM A REAL MAN ROARRR! IT WEIGHS 9000LBS BUT IT'S FINE FOR ME BECAUSE I HAVE BIG MAN MUSCLES! ROARRRR

DRINK BEER AND EAT STEAKS AND RIDE MANLY BIKES.

:unworthy:

:th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

:th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

Back