This Guy Doesn't Like Bikers!

umm... I hate to be the naysayer... but.. the truck wouldn't have had he opportunity to try to run guy#1 off of the road if guy #1 didn't pass him on a double yellow. .. now.. his reaction was not appropriate either... the general sportbike jackassery that the dude in the truck is pissed about is exactly what motorcyclist #1 did....

Dude in the truck is definitely a douche... but, I hope that the guy on the first bike got his comeuppance as well.

yeah, he shouldn't have passed him like that, but wtf was the guy in the truck thinking. not entirely sure, but it sounded like the truck driver said the biker tried to run him off the road? hahaha a bike running an f-150 with an atv in the back, off the road, that will be the day...

Not saying the bikers are innocent but the dude in the truck is outright dangerous and a threat to society. I'd love to see him locked up for a while with his license suspended for a couple of years. First he almost killed the biker intentionally, not accidentally, then he spent half the time over the yellow line chasing the bike with intent to intimidate and possibly ensure an accident. You listen to him and you know he's not right in the head. You also heard his motivation "I know these roads, I grew up here." Basically saying anyone who didn't grow up here doesn't have as much right to the road as he does.

Guy on the bike was wrong for passing like that, but guy in the truck is even more wrong for reacting/driving the way he did. Good thing no one got hurt. And the even dumber part was for the bikers to pull over and confront the guy...

1) High speeds on a farm/residential road. Granted, we all do it from time to time but let's count how many unsighted/hidden driveways they passed at a relatively high speed. There's a time and a place for everything. Stupid.

2) Passing on a double solid in an area with low visibility, even more obscured by a tall truck loaded with an ATV. Double stupid.

3) Confronting a homicidal maniac after he attempted to purposely inflict harm on them. Triple stupid

The whole situation could have easily been avoided. It's nobody's fault but their own.

I'm sorry but I feel differently.
The double line crosser is guilty of a traffic infraction.
The truck driver is guilty of attempted homicide. Not to mention he did it more than once!!! He swerved over into oncoming traffic when other "crotch rockets" were coming toward him. Then he started a high speed chase to do who knows what to the biker.
No way those two are in the same league.

Anyway - thanks for posting the video. LOL Gives bikers a good second reason to by a video for their bikes. LOL Without video - it would have been their word against his.

Last edited:
I would have grabbed that tire iron and smashed out his knees with it.

I had a guy do that to me once, but I was in my Jeep. I passed him becuase he was going 10 under the limit, but I was in a passing zone. He chased me, tried pushing me off the road etc. I pushed him off the road when he got in the right hand shoulder, forced him into what was going to be a ditch if he didnt jack up on the brakes, and continued on my way. He stopped messing around when he realized I was not afraid to total my truck to prove a point.

I'm sorry but I feel differently.
The double line crosser is guilty of a traffic infraction.
The truck driver is guilty of attempted homicide. Not to mention he did it more than once!!! He swerved over into oncoming traffic when other "crotch rockets" were coming toward him. Then he started a high speed chase to do who knows what to the biker.
No way those two are in the same league.

Anyway - thanks for posting the video. LOL Gives bikers a good second reason to by a video for their bikes. LOL Without video - it would have been their word against his.

But.. Would anything at all have happened if biker #1 hadn't passed on a double yellow in the first place? ... I think that was the catalyst that started it all.

But.. Would anything at all have happened if biker #1 hadn't passed on a double yellow in the first place? ... I think that was the catalyst that started it all.

How do you know? You are basing EVERYTHING on this section of video.
Don't fall into the trap of the video age. What would have happened if there was an entire altercation before the day's ride? What if these 3 knew each other and this wasn't the first time that they had crossed each other? There could always be more to something than an amateur video.
Secondly - crossing the double line = approximately a $200 ticket.
Trying to hit/kill someone with your vehicle = Vehicular assault/attempted murder. Those are more than apples and oranges. That is vigilante justice.
So to apply this situation to you and I: "TPJ disagreed with me and I don't like the way he typed his answer! I'm going to go get him!!!! VA Rider goes to Texas and tries to run over TPJ. Along the trip to Tx - VAR decides to swerve and try to take out a few other riders ..... why? They kind of look like TPJ (or whatever). At the end of the chase......When confronted - VAR pulls out a 3 ft steel bar and holds it in an intimidating manor. Hardly a reasonable response of a small disagreement. However it's the same principle. TPJ disagreed with me ...... I have to get him.
I simply don't think that someone who crosses a double yellow should be ran down, attempted to be knocked off his bike and take out a few others just for fun. Those two things just don't add up.
Crossing a double yellow = ticket. Not getting run over by the person who gets passed.

All of this is assuming that the video is in tact. LOL Videos are routinely chopped and edited to show videos in certain light or elicit a certain responser from the video viewer.

This guy with the pick up appeared insenced having been overtaken on a double yellow and although biker number one broke the law in doing so it didn't give matey the right to try and kill him.

I personaly will not overtake on double lines but know lots that do and as far as i'm concerned it's up to them. Without wishing to judge the rights and wrongs it's never-the-less got to be said that drivers on 4 wheels mostly have no idea of the power a bike has and therefore in the right hands how safe they are on overtakes. If they did it just mite make them a little less judgemental dispite the fact this one appears illegal on the part of the biker.

The truck driver when stopping even got out with some sort of what looks like a metal lever in his hand, even more digging himself into trouble.
When told that he had been filmed and that evidence of his actions were recorded he appears for the first time to be thinking about his actions and starts pacing about. Personally I for one hope he get's a prison sentence for his unacceptable actions and a ban from driving for several years at the very least. :deadhorse: :ban: This is all IMO of coarse.

Back