Theoretical Windows Question Here.

you "geeks" correct me if I'm wrong -- but you don't have all the background applications running in the background that can slow down how a page might load.

Firefox is like the iphone -- if you hit a snag where a particular pages are specifically written for IE, you can download an patch to make it work correctly.

There have been very few pages that I've been able to get to work correctly -- I've even been able to get pages (ie, mircrosoft download pages) that worked with Firefox whereas they hung up in IE.

Look at Opera as well.....and then there is Open Office which is essentially a free version of the Microsoft Office Suite that can save you a couple hundred bucks -- but these are just options if you want to stick it to the man at MS.....

If you are running IE8, go to the "Safety" menu in the upper right and turn off SmartScreen Filter (Used to be anti-phishing) and turn off anti-phishing in IE7. Those KILL the browsing and do nothing good.

Best bet is Firefox and then search the plugins for Ad Block Plus. Install it, go to the Ad Block Plus options and subscribe to the USA feed (or whatever country you are in) and enable that subscription. FF will FLY after that.

FF is a better browser because it, by default, will open more threads to a single site. IE opens 2, one for raw HTML web code and the other for graphics. FF opens 8 by default. 2 for HTML and 6 for graphics. FF will almost always load a page faster.

I am using IE8 at this time because I need to understand it for work related stuff. After turning off the SmartScreen Filter, it actually isn't all that bad. I still prefer FF but, becuase I am now running the Windows 7 x64 bit OS, I cannot use FF as it is not 64 bit yet. It does install the 32 bit but it will not run very well.

Among having regained all of my video and audio parameters, I also noticed that my keyboard is back to normal. No more missing letters and having to pound on it to work. Vista had really put the whammy on my machine. I'm sure glad to be up and running on all cylinders again. Thanks to all that helped me with all the info.

Newegg.com - Apollo ENF656-GHW-INPR 56Kbps PCI Bus (Plug & Play) 56K V.92 PCI Fax Modem - Modems

I have this link to a PCI Modem which I have taken from an old machine I had in the closet. I can't for the life of me find any drivers for it. I've been on a wild goose chase trying to get them. Every link wants you to download some crappy program first to check your machine's hardware. If someone could find me a link to a suitable driver for this modem, I would be forever indebted. I need to install this in my bosses wife's computer. I had built a machine for her when I first started working for her husband and the A-Open 56k that I had installed has crapped out. This Apollo is practically new, I just don't have the driver for it.

Newegg.com - Apollo ENF656-GHW-INPR 56Kbps PCI Bus (Plug & Play) 56K V.92 PCI Fax Modem - Modems

I have this link to a PCI Modem which I have taken from an old machine I had in the closet. I can't for the life of me find any drivers for it. I've been on a wild goose chase trying to get them. Every link wants you to download some crappy program first to check your machine's hardware. If someone could find me a link to a suitable driver for this modem, I would be forever indebted. I need to install this in my bosses wife's computer. I had built a machine for her when I first started working for her husband and the A-Open 56k that I had installed has crapped out. This Apollo is practically new, I just don't have the driver for it.

See if this gets you directly in...

http://members.driverguide.com/dire...1082293&auth=8c32e2d652c67eaa41854deb54b4b667

Are you kidding me or what!! Thanks Eric. You saved me alot of turmoil. The link worked perfect. I already have it on my thumb drive ready to go. I may just ride up after work tomorrow and install it. Thanks buddy, I owe you one!!
:unworthy:

And to think, I belong to driverguide and couldn't remember the name. I joined way back when to get the drivers for my pen tablet.(Wintab drivers). Thanks again.

Are you kidding me or what!! Thanks Eric. You saved me alot of turmoil. The link worked perfect. I already have it on my thumb drive ready to go. I may just ride up after work tomorrow and install it. Thanks buddy, I owe you one!!
:unworthy:

And to think, I belong to driverguide and couldn't remember the name. I joined way back when to get the drivers for my pen tablet.(Wintab drivers). Thanks again.

Well, let's see if it works first! ;) You're welcome! Let me know if that does the trick.

Last edited:
Well, let's see if it works first! ;) You're welcome! Let me know if that does the trick.

Did it ever! Like a charm. I rode up to install the modem this morning. I got there at 9:30am and was done by 9:50am. Not bad and made 50 bucks in the process. Thanks for the drivers. That 50 will now go into the vacation pot to spend at the Superbike Races in a couple of weeks. Thanks again Eric. Big Time!

You're welcome! Glad it worked! :D

The site USED to let you in with the account "drivers" and password was "all" but apparently, they killed that account after perhaps 3 years of open logins? Oh well! I used another account that I know, but cannot share. It was trusted to me. ;)

You're welcome! Glad it worked! :D

The site USED to let you in with the account \"drivers\" and password was \"all\" but apparently, they killed that account after perhaps 3 years of open logins? Oh well! I used another account that I know, but cannot share. It was trusted to me. ;)

I totally understand. No problem here. I really appreciate it. Now that I remember my password and the name of the site, I'm good to go. My mind just went blank on the name.

Back