So I rode today without a helmet &

kgc1911

Wow it's freaking disgusting...I did some suspension adjusting and went around the block to test it and didn't take my helmet and omg will I never do that ever again. The feeling was like looking up at the shower while it hits your face, bugs everywhere...How do you guy's ride with open face or no helmet? it's horrible...

Here's a pic for no reason lol
img0087vu.jpg

Wow it's freaking disgusting...I did some suspension adjusting and went around the block to test it and didn't take my helmet and omg will I never do that ever again. The feeling was like looking up at the shower while it hits your face, bugs everywhere...How do you guy's ride with open face or no helmet? it's horrible...

Here's a pic for no reason lol
img0087vu.jpg

I pictured you much taller!! You need some really tall risers and some "swept back" handlebars! :tup:

What brand of handguard do you have? Those look sweet! I bough a cheap set for the winter, but I'm thinkng about getting a nice set and using them 12 months a year. Kind of nice during winter and summer time when it rain almost every day here in Florida...

Around here, in the Texas Hill Country, most of the Harley riders don't wear helmets but a lot of them wear hard, full face masks. Some do wear the half mask that just covers the lower face.

I can't tell you if they're DOT or Snell approved.

The hand guards are Ducati Hypermotard 796 hand guards...LED turn signal and folding adjustable mirrors they move up/down/back/forward/swivel up/down... Very nice, I like...

Around here, in the Texas Hill Country, most of the Harley riders don't wear helmets but a lot of them wear hard, full face masks. Some do wear the half mask that just covers the lower face.

I can't tell you if they're DOT or Snell approved.

This is amazing to hear!

They won't wear helmets because that would make them look not cool.
But they will cover their faces with hard protective face masks - and that is OK? and looks cool?

Yeah very nice mirrors. They must have been hard to get hold of? or expensive...

Neither...check it... DUCATI HYPERMOTARD - HANDGUARDS / TURN LIGHTS / MIRRORS PARTS | eBay

That was quick search on ebay but if you dig a little deeper, you ill find them elsewhere as well but ebay works, I have mine and there lovely...no vibration or anything If you want I can take a little video of how there setup for you...It's easy... about $100 US bucks... this is a good price because most sell it for about $169...

Last edited:
Neither...check it... DUCATI HYPERMOTARD - HANDGUARDS / TURN LIGHTS / MIRRORS PARTS | eBay

That was quick search on ebay but if you dig a little deeper, you ill find them elsewhere as well but ebay works, I have mine and there lovely...no vibration or anything If you want I can take a little video of how there setup for you...It's easy... about $100 US bucks... this is a good price because most sell it for about $169...

Ooh very nice!!! I'm tempted but I am spending too much atm anyway... not even sure how they would look on a gen II...
I'm upgrading to a radial master cyl first...
Yes a lot cheaper than you would expect! Thanks for that though. :)

I wont go on too much of a gear rant , other than i just dont get why people insist on not usong it. A helmet is alot cheaper than skin grafts, or worst yet a funeral. Im betting that 85% of rider in my area don't even own gear.

I wont go on too much of a gear rant , other than i just dont get why people insist on not usong it. A helmet is alot cheaper than skin grafts, or worst yet a funeral. Im betting that 85% of rider in my area don't even own gear.

I won't even say hi to people with no gear on...I think it's stupid and it just doesn't feel good, I rode without my gloves and it felt so horrible because I was so used to having gloves on...everyone's a pro until there in a hospital...

I won't even say hi to people with no gear on...I think it's stupid and it just doesn't feel good, I rode without my gloves and it felt so horrible because I was so used to having gloves on...everyone's a pro until there in a hospital...

Yep, it's not worth riding without gear on... you only live once... I may look like a bit of a knob in all my Aplinestars gear, but if I come off, i'm as safe as I can be riding a bike.

Same here, some local dude bought a Harley Low Rider from a guy I know. First bike he ever rode and a member of Brethern MC yes they're still here. This guy rides like he needs training wheels, I see him every day not once with a helmet.

I've only really gone once without a helmet, and it wasn't comfortable at all. Not that comfort is ever > safety, but when less safe is also less comfortable that's just a megalose.

Aside from that one ~45min ride that I'd never do again, I'll occasionally go for a spin around the block without a helmet to heat up the chain between cleaning / lubing.

Yep, it's not worth riding without gear on... you only live once... I may look like a bit of a knob in all my Aplinestars gear, but if I come off, i'm as safe as I can be riding a bike.

Maybe to someone that doesn't ride. To me you look like a serious, professional rider. I don't know about you, but I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks about my use of full gear. I have put mine to the test several times and rode away without a scratch. Gear up today and live to ride another day!

Back