Skunked dog any suggestions ?

Well at 5 am I let my dog out and when he came back he was soaked with skunk spray and bleeding a little on his mouth. I washed him with peroxide, baking soda, and soap. he still stinks my house stinks inside and out. I pulled my back loosing my cookies (no cookies coffee and Tylenol). Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this horrible smell ? This is a first for me after owning dogs for twenty years and hopefully the last !!
THANKS

Just from a google search:

1 Qt 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 tsp. liquid soap

but I have also read that tomato juice does well too...Good Luck!

All is good i washed him with the peroxide and baking soda about four times. He still smells around his face a little but i had to give his eyes a break. Thanks for the help Brenda

My wife used the same formula on our dog. Got rid of most but not all the smell, which lingered around his face most of the Summer. Funny how it doesn't seem to bother the dogs one bit; they'll go right back and do it again.

My wife used the same formula on our dog. Got rid of most but not all the smell, which lingered around his face most of the Summer. Funny how it doesn't seem to bother the dogs one bit; they'll go right back and do it again.

Sometimes they are on too bright. Our German Shepherd knows eating anything other than her regular dog food will make her sick guaranteed but she does it any chance she gets.

I may be the only person on the planet that actually doesn't mind the smell of skunk. Is there something wrong with me???

Billy it smells alot worse on the dog !! Im still gaging when i forget and pet the dog
naqube9u.jpg

Thats Champ in the middle

Aw how can you be mad when he looks at ya like that?!?!? At least he's short haired, my dog Dakota was a Keeshound/Sheltie mix...looked like a little lion. And I probably would have shaved him!
Glad that most of the smell is gone, least he won't have to sleep in the "doghouse"!

Aw how can you be mad when he looks at ya like that?!?!? At least he's short haired, my dog Dakota was a Keeshound/Sheltie mix...looked like a little lion. And I probably would have shaved him!
Glad that most of the smell is gone, least he won't have to sleep in the "doghouse"!

I cant !! We saved him from a bad Amish home and he still knows it after 5 years . Loyal and fearless .

Back