SIDI Knock Offs for $90

So what is the long term verdict on these? And no 11+ sizes available?

After a year of riding they are, unsurprisingly, not worth it. Here is why: The stitching is worthless (see pics). Furthermore the screws back out over time. So in a crash they will likely disintegrate. They seem to run a size bigger than advertised and the replaceable armor literally just melts away. Save your feet and your money. Go buy some real boots and don't be a chump like me.
20150729_152502.jpg20150729_152611.jpg20150729_153008.jpg20150729_153030.jpg

I have probably 3k miles on mine and they don't show near that kind of wear I could post pictures if anyone wants, now I will definitely say that anyone interested in these should skip it and go for a legit brand, I basically use mine because I already have them so i might as well make use of them but they will be retired soon probably for some cortech Latigo boots, affordable but they gotta be better quality then the Chinese knock offs

wow

That is disgusting how those have fallen apart! Thanks for posting those shots, they might save someone's feet.

I was complaining about my 35 year old Frank Thomas boots because the soles are coming off. I glued them back on with windshield adhesive to get them through the season. After seeing that I won't complain anymore!

Can't be any worse than wearing just plain boots, for street riding anyways. Thanks Brad for posting. I'd be interested in hearing what you think about them. For guys like me, I don't have 200+ dollars to spend on boots alone. IMO, screw the "How much is your life worth" argument. If it's a step above wearing plain sneakers, then it's good enough for me!

what if they just make you think they are better than wearing sneakers but are so poorly made if you are in a wreck something snaps inside and tears you up? If good protective boots were $90 there would be companies that aren't knock offs making them.

Back