SIDI Knock Offs for $90

The difference in the leathers used is quite interesting. The $90 boots have an almost vinyl appearance to them. Not that I know jack shit about leather, mind you

I'd be interested in a one year report from someone who might use these boots daily

In person I cannot tell the difference. I think the real difference that comes in on the photos is that my SIDI leather has been broken in and wind blasted for two years. The Speed boots do not look like vinyl at all in person.

So Sidi does all the heavy lifting in engineering, design, testing, marketing, product support (repairs and warranty protection) and then some cheap Chinese knockoff company produces them for $90 and sells them over the net and everybody says 'Hooray, count me in'. That's fine, but eventually when Sidi doesn't do future enhancements because somebody rips off their effort, or cheapens their own product in order to compete, don't complain. I like to save money as much as anyone but buying knockoff products just ain't the right thing to do. Whether it is a Rolex, software, pirated music or movies, car parts or motorcycle gear....it's all the same, stealing someone elses ideas and hard work to make a buck.

Last edited:
So Sidi does all the heavy lifting in engineering, design, testing, marketing, product support (repairs and warranty protection) and then some cheap Chinese knockoff company produces them for $90 and sells them over the net and everybody says 'Hooray, count me in'. That's fine, but eventually when Sidi doesn't do future enhancements because somebody rips off their effort, or cheapens their own product in order to compete, don't complain. I like to save money as much as anyone but buying knockoff products just ain't the right thing to do. Whether it is a Rolex, software, pirated music or movies, car parts or motorcycle gear....it's all the same, stealing someone elses ideas and hard work to make a buck.

I get where you are coming from. Same goes for the knock off Pazzo levers everyone buys. But, for all we know they acquired the rights to the design. SIDI no longer makes that model.

I am going to ask one of my IP attorneys if there is an easy way to tell if any patent laws have been violated and I will report back.

Last edited:
Ok, so here is what my IP attorney says. "It is your obligation only to go get the best deal you can. It is SIDI's responsibility to go after this manufacturer if indeed there is any trademark or patent infringement."

After showing him my photos he went on to say that there is likely no Trademark Infringement because the SIDI name and logo are not used on the Speed boots and I was not confused at all about who made them.

As to intelectual property rights there could possible be some issue with the a few aspects of the design if they are patented to SIDI, specifically the calf adjustment feature. Utilitarian elements like the toe guard, ankle guards and such cannot be patented and if they are they can easily be disputed as utilitarian.

In other words, if there is any ethical conflict here, it is solely your conflict to bear. There is no legal problem with any of us buying a similar looking product.

Last edited:
I thought that Sidi uses their house brand Lorica which is a synthetic leather. All of my Sidi bike shoes are Lorica.

How wide are those boots? I have long skinny flat feet so I'm always using some supportive footbed.

Yo Brad im a little confused as to your comments about the size.I looked at there sizing chart and it looks as though there size 12 is 11 inches and of course any size13 I could find where more money

THANKS

Lonney

Hail Hail. Fantastic write up. Does this company offer any other styles? Are they comfortable?

Last edited:
Yo Brad im a little confused as to your comments about the size.I looked at there sizing chart and it looks as though there size 12 is 11 inches and of course any size13 I could find where more money

THANKS

Lonney

The tag in my boot says U.S. 9.5. I normally wear a 9.5 in a tennis shoe or dress shoe. This is a tad tight for me and I wish I would have ordered a 10. It just sohappens I noticed when snapping my photos for the comparison that my SIDI are Size 10 and I wish I would have looked at that before ordering.

Hail Hail. Fantastic write up. Does this company offer any other styles? Are they comfortable?

I will wear these on a test ride this weekend. No time to ride during the week. They are half a size small on me so I may have to find someone they fit before giving the best ride review. ;)

There is also a sport boot and a higher end race boot.

Last edited:
Well, of course they don't have Black in size 12! Just my luck! Another funny thing is their Size Chart. According to their measurements, my size should be an 8! My actual foot measures in at 11-1/4". I'll have to wait and see if they put some Black ones for sale in a size 12.

Well, of course they don't have Black in size 12! Just my luck! Another funny thing is their Size Chart. According to their measurements, my size should be an 8! My actual foot measures in at 11-1/4". I'll have to wait and see if they put some Black ones for sale in a size 12.

Some of the other ebay listings for the same boot had different sizes.

I forgot to mention that these seem to run a half size small. It would be a safe bet. This pair I ordered is a 9.5 and are just a bit small for me. I did not realize before I ordered them but I ordered my SIDI in a 10 and should have done the same with the speed. 9.5 wide is what I normally wear in dress and tennis shoes. ...so my wide feet may have more to do with it than the shoe size. Just keep that in mind.

These may be up for sale soon.

I have the sidi vertigo size 43... I normally wear a 9.5 as well and can't stand to wear my Sidi's because they are just a bit on the narrow side of things (can wear them for short spirited rides, but not much more)... been looking for something I can wear besides street boots for daily commute, without dropping two to three hundred dollars... might have to check these out, in a size 44 of course!

crap, sizes, 9, 9.5, 10.5

think the 10.5 might be much???

Last edited:
Don, that is a very Sidi kind of fit. I can't wear Sidi because they are too narrow for my feet and so I moved to other brands. If these clones are designed after the Sidi originals, I would think the fit would be the same as well

Don, that is a very Sidi kind of fit. I can't wear Sidi because they are too narrow for my feet and so I moved to other brands. If these clones are designed after the Sidi originals, I would think the fit would be the same as well

any suggestions? I'm looking for something well ventilated, for daily and longer touring, but seem to be finding nothing under or near that $100 mark... came across some axo and cortech in that price range, but get mixed reviews...

sucks having wide, yet tiny feet :evillaugh:

I'm coming from the bicycle world of Sidi shoes. Year ago, about fifteen, all Sidis were narrow and I loved it because of my pencil thin feet. Then their marketing people realized why sales were low in the USA, because of the narrow sizes. Well they fixed it and now They make only one model in narrow, Genius 5, and the rest are D width with another model called the Megawidth.

I'm surprised to hear that the MC street boots are narrow.

Same thing happened in ski boots. I used to be able to find a lot more that fit, now there's maybe three or four brands that have a low volume fit and they're all expensive. (I ended up getting the Nordica Patron boot).

Last edited:
Back