SIDI Knock Offs for $90

I own SIDI boots right now. I love them. Someone on MotoHouston.com posted up a link to the ebay item shown below:

$90 SIDI Knock-offs
15335d1372609336-sidi-knock-offs-90-sidiknockoffs.jpg

As with most forums it started a dispute, much like helmets, with one side posing the "What is your body worth to you?" question and the other saying "Hell yeah! SIDIs for $90? I'm in."

I am not one for asking questions. I just try it. I had more than enough cash in PayPal to order these and I did. When they come in I will post op some photos comparing them to my SIDI: Stitching, materials, sole stiffness, etc.s and provide my BIASED opinion. ;)

BTW - They have some like the new SIDI Vortice for $189...
15336d1372609691-sidi-knock-offs-90-sidiknockoffs2.jpg

I figure if some cheap knock-offs are what's needed to get people out of their Adidas sneakers and into real riding boots, that's a good thing.

I wouldn't even consider them for myself, mostly because they'll probably last a month with what I put my boots through. I think they would probably provide plenty of value for the average Sunday rider and most definitely more protection than a sneaker or a hiking boot.

Thanks for posting this!

Edit: However, I have purchased quality touring-style riding boots in the past for a lower price than these. One pair was TCX and one pair was Gaerne & both were GoreTex, adding to the cost. The touring boots do have reinforced heel and toe cups and ankle guards but lack the sliders and torsion control of the sport boots. They are easily found for under $50 on clearance. Those are definitely better than a running shoe, too :)

Last edited:
Can't be any worse than wearing just plain boots, for street riding anyways. Thanks Brad for posting. I'd be interested in hearing what you think about them. For guys like me, I don't have 200+ dollars to spend on boots alone. IMO, screw the "How much is your life worth" argument. If it's a step above wearing plain sneakers, then it's good enough for me!

I have some. They are definitely a step up from sneakers. With that said I think in a crash they would provide ok protection in street riding situations. Track day riding might be another story. After using them for a few spirited rides I still plan on getting a better boot for peace of mind on the track. Otherwise they are comfy and seem to have decent construction.Then again I've always ridden in steel toes or converse. So I'm interested in your comparison to the real deal, as these knock off are the best I've ever owned.

20130630_234156_zpsa33d8b89.jpg

20130630_234159_zpscf11fe4f.jpg

20130630_234212_zpsf48f1c6e.jpg

I have some. They are definitely a step up from sneakers. With that said I think in a crash they would provide ok protection in street riding situations. Track day riding might be another story. After using them for a few spirited rides I still plan on getting a better boot for peace of mind on the track. Otherwise they are comfy and seem to have decent construction.Then again I've always ridden in steel toes or converse. So I'm interested in your comparison to the real deal, as these knock off are the best I've ever owned.

How long have you had them? Time will tell if they are any good. I do have to say they look pretty good.

I once bought a pair of Vega boots because the price was right. They lasted for about a year so I when out and bought another pair. Got another year out of them. I decided to buy a pair of Cortech for around $150 and when I had an issue with a zipper that was catching on the inside liner they replaced the boots free of charge with an upgraded pair even though I had wore them for about a year. Would the seller of the Sidi knock offs give you a new pair if you had issues?

They look pretty good up close.

How long have you had them? Time will tell if they are any good. I do have to say they look pretty good.

I once bought a pair of Vega boots because the price was right. They lasted for about a year so I when out and bought another pair. Got another year out of them. I decided to buy a pair of Cortech for around $150 and when I had an issue with a zipper that was catching on the inside liner they replaced the boots free of charge with an upgraded pair even though I had wore them for about a year. Would the seller of the Sidi knock offs give you a new pair if you had issues?

You have hit on something that would be difficult to review. What is the vendor support like? If speeddemon2588 does not have it or remember I will post up what kind of warranty documentation there is.

I've had them since March. I bought mine from a US based seller named Shineyangtang because of a high rating. Per the return page:

Return & Exchange

We provide completely hassle free return or exchange service if any wrong of the order was caused by our fault, ex: manufacture defective, wrong shipment, shipping damage or shipping lost.
We will make exchange by using our shipping service. If you would like to have a refund, only the item price paid will be refunded. Any other charges like Shipping, Handling, Duties, Brokerage etc will not be refunded.
We know the head shape & size varies on different people. The free return & exchange policy doesn't apply to the wrong size ordered, so please check the size chart to make sure you have the right size.

I can tell you the vendor is prompt. Price on eBay included shipping. I ordered on Sunday and it will be delivered to my office today. I am eager to compare these directly to my SIDI.

Boots Compared

I don't know what to say. I really wanted to hate the boots. Through visual observation my guit instinct is that these are a great deal for the money and sharp looking to "boot." While the buid quality is not Italian they are still good for the price.

Side by side you can see these truly are clones of SIDI Vertigo.

Toe guards. Speed actually sends a second set with the boots. I did not get extra with my SIDIs.
SPEED

SIDI

Leather and stitch patterns are almost identical. Did SIDI sell the old Vertigo design maybe? Or do we have an ethical dilema?
SPEED

SIDI

Side View (Inside Zipper)
Speed

SIDI

Rear View - Two things to note. The speed boots do not open as far as the SIDI do to accept large calves. Keep that in mind if you have Popeye calves like me. The red plastic bits on the Speed seem a tad cheaper. The red plastic is slightly translucent but does not seem any less durable (without extensive road tests)
Speed

SIDI

The nylon thread that is used to adjust the calf seems just as durable. I cannot really tell a difference in material.
Speed

SIDI

No discernible difference in the air vents....
Speed

SIDI

You can see a little difference here in craftsmanship. The trim in the upper calf on the inside is uneven but still functional. Interieor liner is almost identical.
Speed

SIDI

Both sets use YKK zippers but the Speed ones may actually be plastic. If not they rare very light weight aluminum.
Speed

SIDI

Last edited:
Boots Compared PArt 2

The soles area ltitle different. You can see 2 years and 6,000 miles of wear on my SIDI. Only time will tell if the Speed would hold up so well. The traction is pretty good though.
Speed

SIDI

Bonding of the sole to the boot on the SIDI looks to be a bit cleaner. Thickness of the soles is very similar. You can also see the thickness of the leather (or leather like material) is comparable.
Speed

SIDI

Upper Velcro tab. Nothing to note here really.

Bottom line is if you can't afford $400 for a pair of boots these are an excellent value for the budget conscious. I would say they seem better quality than many of the name brand Joe Rocket, Bilt and Icon gear I have owned in the past.

Last edited:
Well I'm sold. Thanks for the comparison Brad. I really appreciate it.

I forgot to mention that these seem to run a half size small. It would be a safe bet. This pair I ordered is a 9.5 and are just a bit small for me. I did not realize before I ordered them but I ordered my SIDI in a 10 and should have done the same with the speed. 9.5 wide is what I normally wear in dress and tennis shoes. ...so my wide feet may have more to do with it than the shoe size. Just keep that in mind.

These may be up for sale soon.

The difference in the leathers used is quite interesting. The $90 boots have an almost vinyl appearance to them. Not that I know jack shit about leather, mind you

I'd be interested in a one year report from someone who might use these boots daily

Back