Selling bike due to becoming a Parent?????

This thread reads like an argument on why not to have kids. You guys are freakin nuts! Who cares that you can ride again when you are 62 or whatever! Life is precious and you are missing so many great riding years and for what? You have to:

work harder because kids cost a lot
have sex less because your wife is tired or lacks libido
sell your toys
not get new toys
not take romantic trips with the wife
not just have a sunny beautiful day come up and have the freedom to take an unplanned ride to your favorite spot
be much more tired
have less, non sexual, intimate moments together
schedule everything, even a quick dinner out needs to plan a babysitter
redesign your house
not sleep as much
deal with filth(diapers, messes)
get a lot of your stuff broken and pretend you think it's cute.

I could go on and on.....

This thread reads like an argument on why not to have kids. You guys are freakin nuts! Who cares that you can ride again when you are 62 or whatever! Life is precious and you are missing so many great riding years and for what? You have to:

work harder because kids cost a lot
have sex less because your wife is tired or lacks libido
sell your toys
not get new toys
not take romantic trips with the wife
not just have a sunny beautiful day come up and have the freedom to take an unplanned ride to your favorite spot
be much more tired
have less, non sexual, intimate moments together
schedule everything, even a quick dinner out needs to plan a babysitter
redesign your house
not sleep as much
deal with filth(diapers, messes)
get a lot of your stuff broken and pretend you think it's cute.

I could go on and on.....

LOL!!! Nice list! But I have a few disagreements.... regarding the romance and sex.

Not all women are alike. My wife had no issues with sex before, during or after birth (and this was twins). As for romance, that is the hubby's choice. You can absolutely plan romance and it starts with a baby sitter (such as Gram and Gramps?) and you plan the rest of the night for your loving wife.... which leads back to sex... which, without protection, leads to years of more diapers! Hahahaha!

You can get new toys, but they are family toys. A boat, be it fishing, sport or pontoon? Canoe(s), kayaks? When my kids were young, we had kayaks for everyone. I built a rack to hold all five on the trailer. We had tents to camp in.

Most of what you have here is true and yes, the list can go on MUCH further. But the benefits of raising a child into a successful adult far exceed the excitement of being out on a motorcycle. Two wheels cannot compare to your kid's smile and them saying "I love you!"

I was laughing my butt off reading his post! :rofl: I agree with Area57 on most of his list. Then again, I'm divorced twice! Hahahaha!!! I guess it comes down to every individual relationship.

New marketing campaign from Yamaha; FREE Vasectomy with every new bike! Never stop riding (other than a few days after said Vasectomy)

It should have the young guys lining up......

Have a 2-year old and a 4-month old. My wife worries some but she's never said a single negative thing about the bike because she knows it's one of the things I enjoy. What I heard in most of these posts is...pick the right wife! I do try to be reasonably careful (a healthy paranoia of every car I pass and see about to pull out), and I don't get out as much as I'd like anymore, but I'm glad I kept the bike.

Back