Seems we do a pretty good job of keeping our bikes in shape, but...

Ok... they were out of stock on the TVs. But, I got the shelf up in front of the treadmill and the room organized a bit so I can use it. It is an Apex 4100i and not the 6100... see how long it's been drying clothes? :D

I got the belt adjusted and after some stretching, I did two miles at an 8 degree incline on 2.5 mph walk. I so need to work on this because that DOGGED my arse. Felt good to do it though!

I actually found a really nice Golds Gym Spinning Bike at Wally World for $197.99 on sale. It will fit nicely in my apartment and should shed some of this excess weight. Maybe we can all weigh ourselves now and post them and update the list week by week? We can give "Stars" each week to the person who loses the most. Sort of our version of the "FZ1's Biggest Loser"

Here's me slugging down another protein drink!:icon_beer:

and me hopefully in four months! :stunta]:

Weight: 247lbs.
Goal: 205lbs. (By Deals Gap)

Last edited:
Lean is best. Muscular lean is better. Goal: muscular lean.

If you need help, check the food supplement sites.

Day two. I got a TV. Not the one pictured but still a good one. Best buy had a sale and I picked up a 19" 1080i with a ton of features for $179.99. It is on a shelf mounted in front of the treadmill. I'll have to go get a couple pics of this. After setting it up and scanning the cable connection, it came up with 80 analog channels and 72 digital channels.

So, with it plugged in, and the Olympics on, I did two miles at 3 mph and a 3% incline. It was one green light on the display into "fat burn" mode. It felt GREAT!

Scale says 1.5 lbs gone but that could be water loss, a healthy movement ;) or whatever... Either way, it shows me down in the evening when I always weight in the morning after getting up, going to the bathroom and before showering. :D

No matter what, I feel MUCH BETTER about just getting something going and pray I can keep it up! (I have to now because that TV purchase was made on a promise to my wife.... :eek: )

I try to keep 2 times a week Judo for my black belt training and then 2 times a week in the gym and 1 hour body pump session :)

I originally ordered a replacement part for my wife's treadmill, but methinks I'll be right on your heels Eric.....I have to take mindset of take what I can get, when I can get and not be spoiled by doing all my activities outside.....

Mt. Biking mainly....and have not figured out a way to convert the tub to an olympic pool.....

Last edited:
A pool would be nice! Best exercise available. Have you seen the "Endless Pool" or "Forever Pool" out there? My wife and I would have one already if we had room to put it in.

Go get 'em guys!

FZ fit club

Weight: 228
Goal: 199 (Before Deal's Gap meet!)

Time to dredge up this thread again. We're approaching the end of the year and it is time to weigh in. I did not make my goal, but I have made progress. ;)

Weight: 218
Goal: 199 still

10 lbs and kept it off... Mind you, prior to my first weigh-in, I was at 235 and had already dropped 7 lbs, so, 17 lbs and keeping it off in about 13 months. Not bad....

Just stumbled on this thread... great topic! Racing MotoX has always helped keep me in shape but oldschool called it: Weight training is the way to go to build muscle and burn more fat just being alive... Weights 2 to 3 times a week along with 30 minutes of cardio 2-3 times a week had me in the best shape of my life at 184lbs. These days, I don't work out as much due to my job interfering with my personal life, but I still mountain bike as much as I can. If you haven't tried it be careful as it can be another addicting hobby !!! Unlike running however, it is easy on your joints (unless you crash freeriding lol) and is great for the mind and soul to get lost in the woods for 2 to 3 hours and forget all of life's stresses. Not to mention it is the one thing I can still do when the snow flies ;)

My current ride: 2008 Trek Remedy

remedySno.jpg

I have always lifted weights but I am starting a beginner 9 week running program named C25K (couch to 5K). It is a nice little app on my iPhone that lets me pick songs for my workout and tells me through my headphones when to warm up, run, walk and cool down.

Did I mention I absolutely despise running? Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. Did I mention I hate running? For 30-40 minutes 3 days a week I really cannot complain.

I lost 30 pounds last year and have put 10 back on so I decided it is time to get serious again.

Also have some friends that recently moved right across the highway from us. I finally have a tennis partner! Now that is how I like to get exercise. Just like my dogs chasing a ball.

Now who can argue with that? Who's happier than a dog chasing ANYTHING. My goal in life is to be more like my lab. FAT, DUMB and HAPPY ;)

I agree with Hail on running... I absolutely despise running and it is the last form of exercise I would choose. I currently pedal on a recumbent bike and work out for about 45 minutes every other day, but I hope to get into bicycling soon since it is an enjoyable form of exercise. I've gained a good 30 lbs. since I got a desk job about 5 years ago and I am working on getting rid of the extra lbs. now!

I love running. I used to run 5 miles a day, 6 days a week. But, with bad feet and ankles, I can no longer do it. Hell, I have a hard time just walking sometimes because my ankles always was to roll and that HURTS and takes a long time to heal. It was after I had to give up running that I lost control of my weight. Now it is a bigger struggle to try and lose it without being able to run. Running on any sort of trainer equipment totally blows because part of the reason I did run was to take in all the sights and fresh air.

But, I have to change it up now because I've hit the plateau after a total of 17 lbs shed and can't seem to lose more. Time to up the burn and grab the weights...

I love running. I used to run 5 miles a day, 6 days a week. But, with bad feet and ankles, I can no longer do it. Hell, I have a hard time just walking sometimes because my ankles always was to roll and that HURTS and takes a long time to heal. It was after I had to give up running that I lost control of my weight. Now it is a bigger struggle to try and lose it without being able to run. Running on any sort of trainer equipment totally blows because part of the reason I did run was to take in all the sights and fresh air.

But, I have to change it up now because I've hit the plateau after a total of 17 lbs shed and can't seem to lose more. Time to up the burn and grab the weights...

I agree about taking in the sights and sounds and this is why I want to get into bicycling. Aside from the fact that running is so hard on your joints, I think the main reason that I don't enjoy it is because of the climate around here. It is over 90 degrees with very high humidity for 10 months out of the year and it literally sucks the breath out of you when you step outside. At least on a bicycle I'm going fast enough to have good airflow and I can wear my camelbak to stay hydrated instead of running around with a water bottle. Weight training can also be hard on your joints so I try to do it in moderation with a reasonable amount of weight. I played football in high school and lifted weights 3 hours a day, but there is no way I would have the time or motivation for that any more.

I have always lifted weights but I am starting a beginner 9 week running program named C25K (couch to 5K). It is a nice little app on my iPhone that lets me pick songs for my workout and tells me through my headphones when to warm up, run, walk and cool down.

Did I mention I absolutely despise running? Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. Did I mention I hate running? For 30-40 minutes 3 days a week I really cannot complain.

I lost 30 pounds last year and have put 10 back on so I decided it is time to get serious again.

So we have done six weeks of this running program now. I have never been more diligent in sticking to any exercise program. This last Friday was a milestone for me.

Even when I was an athlete in High School I never ran more than one mile. The only reason I did even that is because I had to as part of a fitness test. This past Friday I ran 1.6 miles. That was the longest and farthest I have ever run in my life over regular terrain. I may have done that much on a tread mill but the two do not even compare. I felt like I could have done more but I am sticking to the program.

For the first time in my life I think I can actually do this. I can run miles! ....and at 40 years old.

Last edited:
Great job Hail! It is tuff to get the ball rolling with running but sounds like you are well on your way to the 5K. Keep it up...10 minutes a mile is all it takes... keep working to that 30 minute mark...

Good luck!

So we have done six weeks of this running program now. I have never been more diligent in sticking to any exercise program. This last Friday was a milestone for me.

Even when I was an athlete in High School I never ran more than one mile. The only reason I did even that is because I had to as part of a fitness test. This past Friday I ran 1.6 miles. That was the longest and farthest I have ever run in my life over regular terrain. I may have done that much on a tread mill but the two do not even compare. I felt like I could have done more but I am sticking to the program.

For the first time in my life I think I can actually do this. I can run miles! ....and at 40 years old.

Way to go Brad! Your doing great. I've been tracking your progress over on F.B. Keep up the good work.

Still at 219, 15 lbs down from the highest weight. I'll be VERY happy to keep this through the holidays. I'll have to set my sights on the next 20 lbs for next year.

Brad, you're doing something amazing here. Please stay focused and keep with it. Once it becomes routine, it is easy to keep up. The hardest part for anyone to accomplish is making it a part of our daily life and you're well on your way. Soon, it will be something you cannot live without, much like putting on a helmet to go ride! Good work!!

Back