RZ 350 Kenny Roberts Edition

I say finish her up. every thing has shined up great so far for you just keep the ball rolling. Even if you never ride her it will be worth so much more after you are done. Since its paid for just slowly pick away at it.

Gary wheres the battery. It does need the battery to run. Have you tries spraying a little pre mix into the carbs? I small shot of ether wont hurt either. At least it will tell you if you have spark or not.

Gary wheres the battery. It does need the battery to run. Have you tries spraying a little pre mix into the carbs? I small shot of ether wont hurt either. At least it will tell you if you have spark or not.

Nope. I will try that next John. I am researching a replacement battery now. And, that is a good idea with the premix/ether spray . . . . Foooooom !! ouch, , , no eyebrows anymore . . . . . . :eek5:

AwwRight , , ,, let the fiddling begin, , ,, , maybe. I brought the RZ home today !!! I just got tired of the excuses.
However, after limping around the house the last few days (dang sore knee), I am pondering the thought of putting the RZ up for-sale. :poke:

I have the throttle and the carbs working great. Movement wise anyway.
The tires hold air !! But, they need replaced. The battery is missing. And, the big one, NO spark. The shop did test the stator and the coil. Both are fine.

The chain and rear sprocket cleaned up really good but probably should be replaced.

I put up some pics of the homecoming . . . .:eek5:

So, should I go ahead and replace the parts and maybe the CDI and get her running before I sell her, , , , or should I let the next owner do the honor's ?

Mmmmmmhhhhhhhh , , , , , , decisions, decisions. . . . . . :dontknow:

You have one of the most sought after bikes for collectors in your garage. If you get her running not only will it be worth a LOT more, but you will probably keep it (if you ride it). New coils and wires and plugs. Those are such simple engines to work on and there are other shops. Pull out the engine and get her ported and polished, you won't regret it!:Rockon:

I'd love to see you keep it, but I understand the reasons. If you will have fun working on it and think you might ride it (at least a few times), I'd say keep it for now. If it's too much time and headache, I'm sure you wouldn't loose money on it, even now.

I hope to take a look at her soon. She's a beauty!

The RZ today

Hey , ,, I can plan a party for you guys !! Tony and Billy and you too Troy !!! The more the merrier . . . ! It's a great place to visit. And, , , maybe . . . . . I can sell you some chances on a really neat RZ350 . . .. hee,hee, :poke: AND , , , I would LOVE to see this new YAMAHAULER trailer !!! w00t !!!!

But seriously, today I started re-assembling the RZ. Still doesn't run. But, she is going back together . . . . . . :popcorn:

I'll have more pics on the non-FZ motorcycle thread . . ... :)

Here are the two-piece, rear fender sections, bolted in place. The fusebox and the relay box are re-attached to the inner fender. The rear section wire loom is re-secured along the frame rail too.

Also, the tail piece is now in place, and includes the cleaned and detailed stock tool kit. It can be seen resting in it's place inside the tail section, in the third pic.

The fourth pic has the freshly cleaned tank resting on the frame and ready to bolt down.

She is going together great. The parts and pieces are sparkling clean and that makes the re-assembly just so much easier . . . . . . sweeeeet !!

more later, !!!

You need to change the main jets with bigger ..... ... from 220 to 240 if I remember correctly .... Should read the spark plugs what color are....:bowdown:

Thanks stretched06, I have put a lot of hours in on just the cleaning, soaking, rubbing, polishing, repairing, yada,yada, and on and on . . . . heh,heh.

It's a labor of love of course. The trouble now, is Arhtur. After just a couple of hours detailing work, bending over or reaching into the nooks and crannies, is absolutely killing my lower back and knees. 2-pain pills later, I'm better. But I just struggle with the little things all of a sudden.

I hate to say it, , , , , but I am probably (maybe) gonna put her up for sale soon. I don't have to sell the ol' girl. But, she definitely needs a home where she will get ridden often and pampered regularly.

I plan to re-install all the pieces and parts for now. She just looks better all dressed up . . . . . .. :tup:

Back