Rabbitman's Mod Central

might have to get you to help me do a retorfit with the angel eye this winter, you know, when riding season slacks off a bit, and funds become available ;)

Sure thing man, I should do this as a side gig.... You're the second person asking for help. I know the 6R, so it will be very easy. For that bike, since it is only one headlight, it is much cheaper. The LED angels are pricey but totally worth it. I would estimate about $185 for your bike.

I dont know if I am 100% convinced on the daytime look with the red, white and black going on, I think the all-black look may be neater. But I am definately sold on the whole concept. I have yet to spend July's modding allowance and this is now on the list, just not sure where on the list.

Sorry that you aren't a fan of the color. If I could do it again, I may change the scheme a little but overall I think it turned out pretty good. If you decide to do a retro, make sure you have your patience!!

Few more pictures:

img0276wt.jpg

img0277sr.jpg

img0278bf.jpg

img0279fx.jpg

img0280ww.jpg

img0281c.jpg

And Video!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfy0K5Kkkg&feature=g-upl]HID Retrofit, Turn Signal LED Angel Eyes - YouTube[/ame]

i gotta say i was skeptical but it looks pretty cool.I had often thought about angel/demon eyes but I dont really like changing stock headlights out never had good luck with aftermarket stuff. The only thing that looks funky IMHO is the screen but I am a smoked screen guy.

The only opinion that matters is your own, right? I like it and it certainly makes the bike unique. Reading through, I was skeptical of the colors but with the white fairing, it all comes together very well. Great job!

I ike the red on the screen. Makes it look more unique than any other FZ1 out there. I might even play with something similar since I still have my stock screen as a spare.

I ike the red on the screen. Makes it look more unique than any other FZ1 out there. I might even play with something similar since I still have my stock screen as a spare.

Thanks. I think that I am going to change it a little bit and do something like I did on my last bike. I have a local guy that I know who cuts vinyl, so getting the logo is easy.

Props for doing all those headlight mods, I shy away from those sorts of things because I've seen so many problems with bad ballasts and bad bulbs both on bikes and cars. Glad yours worked ok. It looks good.

One thing I did in advancing the red theme is replace many of the body work bolts and screws with red anodized replacements from Pro Bolt. Gas cap bolts and windscreen as well. Maximum effect on white bodywork. Just a thought.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I really like the headlights and the color. The red stripes on the shrouds to make them look like eyeballs is super bad ass!!

Im curious about how they work at night now? I have projectors on my Sprint ST (from the factory) and when getting on an on-ramp I cant see anything in the curve. Its like everything more than 20 feet in front of me disappears.

The reflectors on the FZ are very good in comparison so I wonder how they work in the real world? I was thinking about switching to HID's on the Sprint to see if that would help but I really think its a function of the projector shrouds limiting the direction which light can emit.

It has been a while since I updated this thread. I actually forgot about it. A few things since last update:

Custom Made Marthy Exhaust:

img0743na.jpg

img0744xh.jpg

img0745sd.jpg

Re-retrofit after accident, white radiator covers, handlebar mirrors, mirror block offs, signals, shorty levers, and Corbin seat

img0641tx.jpg

img0642lr.jpg

img0644tn.jpg

img0645ss.jpg

img0646ia.jpg

img0647cg.jpg

Cut windscreen and painted. I think I will change it at some point, but it will do for now:

1004457_3282719124458_382568305_n.jpg

Back