Rabbitman's Mod Central

Rabbitman109

Well, now that I have the new bike, it is time to start modding it. I had an 09 FZ6R that I modded....a lot. So Time to start over. Starting this thread to track progress. Here are some before pictures. '12 FZ1:

img0236ge.jpg

img0237ao.jpg

img0238tu.jpg

img0239m.jpg

img0240yv.jpg

Current List of Mods Planned:

Bar Ends DONE
Tire Hugger?
Bright Signals DONE
Immortal Graphix Tank Pad DONE
Gipro GPX-Y01 Red DONE
Reflective Wheel Stripes
Bazazz Performance Exup Eliminator
Reflective Graphics
Stainless Steel Lines - Spiegler (Red)
Exhaust - Marthy Midship DONE
Fuel Controller -PCV DONE
Sub-Throttle Plates
Frame Sliders - Shogun White DONE
Powder Heel Guards
Rider and Passenger footpegs
Radiator Switch Mod DONE
Red LED's
5000K HID Projector Retro Fit Kit w/Custom housing, DONE
Fender Eliminator - Red FZ1 Cutout Ebay creese1 DONE
Block Off Plates DONE
Integrated Tail Light
Grips - Pro Grip 719's in Red/Black DONE
Custom Windscreen DONE
"parking" lights DONE
Chin Fairing
Swing Arm Spool Sliders - Shogun S5 Carbon DONE
SW Motech Engine Guards
Mirror block offs DONE
Handle Bar Mirrors DONE
AIS system Delete DONE
Shorty Levers - Pazzo DONE
Front Fork Preload adjusters
Red body hardware from Probolt http://www.probolt-usa.com/alloy-fairing-kit-yamaha-fazer-1000-06-red.html#.UAcqi8VAOSo
Upgraded Seat - Custom Dirt Road DONE

More to come as I research what I can get into....

Last edited:
Frame sliders should be the first thing IMHO. I'd recommend a Corbin, Sergent or other seat. The Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen is nice, or the Copper Dawg screen replacement are a good improvement. I'm all for the braided stainless steel brake lines (I don't have them yet, but they are very high on my list).

I'm currently saving up for a rear shock and new fork springs, oil, etc. I'd also highly recommend some adjustable levers. I'm anxious to see how it turns out. Not bad stock, but I know you'll make it better.

I love what you did with your old bike very impressive, I'm not sure what to do next to mine but maybe i'll get some ideas from this. I would start with a fender eliminator, exhaust, and flush mounted turn signals. A suggestion for a windscreen, I cut down the stock windscreen and blacked it out on the inside which turned out really good. Also, fairings look awesome on the genII's IMO, good luck

I would go with sliders as a first mod. You just can't beat them for a cost vs reward ratio. THey are worth their weight in gold.
The 1st real mod I always do to both cage/motorcycle is the exhaust. I love a deep/aggressive sounding exhaust. That would be where I would start.

Maybe maybe that should be my next mod I need to find sliders that fit with a lower fairing kit though

Use sliders from an 07-08 R1 and they will fit with your lower fairings...I used two of these sets (or something very similar):

2007-2008 Yamaha YZF R1 DELRIN FRAME SLIDERS | eBay

As you can see the sliders and the offset brackets are different so with two sets you can use the ones that fit the FZ1 best and it's still very affordable. Doesn't look bad either ;)

attachment.php

Thanks allot for the tip looks like I know what my next purchase is lol I haven't looked into sliders much in the past so this may be a stupid question but would it be worth while also adding sliders to the front and rear axles? Btw I'm not trying to highjack the thread so i'll suggest another mod for the OP, pro taper contour bars with the carmichael bend along with pro taper risers really give the bike a different look and give a more aggressive riding position without sacrificing comfort, one of my favorite mods

Thanks allot for the tip looks like I know what my next purchase is lol I haven't looked into sliders much in the past so this may be a stupid question but would it be worth while also adding sliders to the front and rear axles? Btw I'm not trying to highjack the thread so i'll suggest another mod for the OP, pro taper contour bars with the carmichael bend along with pro taper risers really give the bike a different look and give a more aggressive riding position without sacrificing comfort, one of my favorite mods

Doesn't hurt to also add axle sliders. They will typically prevent scratches to those parts if you happen to go down...

Back