Rabbitman's Mod Central

Yes, I am doing the pod lighting turn signal mod while I have it open since that is easy with it open. Your HID setup will be a little different from the one that I got. You'll see from the pictures.

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2

Sorry that I have not updated this thread much lately. I have been fighting with this retro fit, and it is still not done. I had a projector that I couldn't get the bulb holder off of, and had to get a replacement, and now I have a ballast that is dead. Here are a bunch more pictures...

img0248ef.jpg

img0249nrt.jpg

img0250wc.jpg

img0251hz.jpg

img0252o.jpg

img0253px.jpg

img0254q.jpg

img0255cl.jpg

img0257bn.jpg

img0258qtw.jpg

img0259ix.jpg

img0260z.jpg

img0261aa.jpg

img0262ub.jpg

img0263zo.jpg

just offering my constructive criticism, please don't take it personal. Anyway I think you need to paint the original reflectors black and also the projector housings with the red and black paint are uneven from one headlight to the other.

just offering my constructive criticism, please don't take it personal. Anyway I think you need to paint the original reflectors black and also the projector housings with the red and black paint are uneven from one headlight to the other.

Thanks for the criticism. The reflectors are not adjusted at this point, which is why they look different. I wanted to get some white in there, since there is already so much black. I think the true test will be putting in on the bike and having the headlights aligned...

Are the gold things the ballasts? They look BIG! Do the angel eyes go from white to amber? or just amber when using the turn signals? Hard to tell from the picks.

Are the gold things the ballasts? They look BIG! Do the angel eyes go from white to amber? or just amber when using the turn signals? Hard to tell from the picks.

There is a gold box, which is a relay, then there are two ballasts that you can tell from these pics (Black Boxes hanging):

img0249nrt.jpg

img0250wc.jpg

The angel eyes are LED, so when they are off, they are white rings, and then light up amber. I am using them as running/turn signals for something different.

Last edited:
So far, so sexy! Keep us updated, I'm in need of ideas for a custom windscreen (You mentioned one)

I painted mine, (no pictures yet) and I am not sure if I like it. I am going to put in on the bike and see if I still feel that way. Here is what I had on the other one:

I actually put a vinyl decal on the inside before painting, and then painted the inside turned out good. I may do that again this time...

Looks better than I first thought it would, a bit like a football team color scheme was what I was thinking. Can you post a Vid of the turn signals/Rings? What are the watts of your projectors?

Looks better than I first thought it would, a bit like a football team color scheme was what I was thinking. Can you post a Vid of the turn signals/Rings? What are the watts of your projectors?

Yeah, I will try to get some video later. I also found out that the right side pod light isn't working...not sure if the bulb burned out, or something happened with my wiring. Projectors are 35W.

might have to get you to help me do a retorfit with the angel eye this winter, you know, when riding season slacks off a bit, and funds become available ;)

I dont know if I am 100% convinced on the daytime look with the red, white and black going on, I think the all-black look may be neater. But I am definately sold on the whole concept. I hve yet to spend July's modding allowance and this is now on the list, just not sure where on the list.

might have to get you to help me do a retorfit with the angel eye this winter, you know, when riding season slacks off a bit, and funds become available ;)

I did everything I wanted to do on my ride... can't think of anything else. Oh... more fuel for the long ride. Not a necessity. I think I'm over due for a new bike... like a FZ1! :teeter:

Back