Pics of my new Penske 8983 @ Traxxion Suspension

Scotty, how long did they take from the time you ordered until they built and shipped it? I ordered on the 5th and have not heard anything from them yet. I emailed a guy named Dan and he was to check on this for me late last week and HE never got back to me. They said 10 business days and that would be today if my math is correct.

Hoping to have it by this weekend but I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling. I cannot really fault them because I ordered right at Daytona Bike week where they were buried in orders for customers, racers, etc... and rebuilding forks/shocks for racers. I'm doing my best to not bother them. :waiting: :wilynily:

I bought JBOAT's 8987 and needed lighter spring. As soon as I got the shock I ordered same, it took Traxxion (Hyperco spring) over 2 months to get me the spring. I had to keep calling and calling and calling.....

I hope you're not waiting on a spring......

Got any news about your shock yet Eric?

Yes! It is sitting on a truck close by and will be delivered tomorrow! :yes: Dumbass me forgot to have them include the fork spring tool kit so I have to order that today. If I get it by Friday, then next weekend is Suspension weekend! :D

Hi Blanchy, yeah both mate :) Plus more adjustability within the shock for setting it up to suit me rather than settling for the std unadjustable one.

It turned up at home yesterday. Here's some pics:
The last pic has the bracket for the remote reservoir in the bag.

View attachment 8595

View attachment 8596

View attachment 8597

View attachment 8598

Oh and postage was $100usd and it only took 3-4 business days.

Hi Scotty, can you tell me what are those 2 long black brackets with holes and the 2 screws for in you fourth pic? I just received mine but I don`t have those. Thanks

Hi Scotty, can you tell me what are those 2 long black brackets with holes and the 2 screws for in you fourth pic? I just received mine but I don`t have those. Thanks

Ah thats just one bracket for the remote reservoir, I just used the stock screws too. There were no extra screws with mine either.
Did you ask for a bracket when you ordered yours?

Ah thats just one bracket for the remote reservoir, I just used the stock screws too. There were no extra screws with mine either.
Did you ask for a bracket when you ordered yours?

They told me they would send the bracket and what I received is 2 clamps with 2 black pieces but not the 2 long black plates with holes and 2 small screws I see in your pic.

Back