Pics of my new Penske 8983 @ Traxxion Suspension

So here's Lee assembling my new 8983.... this is from Traxxions FB page, posted an hour ago....

405625_368450799835727_194182433929232_1613505_1659157768_n.jpg

405625_368450813169059_194182433929232_1613506_300234913_n.jpg

405625_368450819835725_194182433929232_1613507_734784526_n.jpg

405625_368450833169057_194182433929232_1613508_1446005753_n.jpg

Man that's a nice looking shock! I bet you can't wait to get back home from overseas. You're going to be busy with the mods for quite a while :D

This was without a doubt one of my favorite mods... it's what really took me from liking my bike, to loving it.... I'm about due to send the Penske off for a service... but it's treated me well for ~20,000 miles.... normally, it wouldn't be due for a service yet, but I used to spend a great deal of time on gravel roads...

Man that's a nice looking shock! I bet you can't wait to get back home from overseas. You're going to be busy with the mods for quite a while :D

The plan is when i get home:
-Give the bike a quick post 6 month storage/hibernation check/service... (fuel/battery/tyres/coolant/chain/lights...) fit the Motovation front axle sliders,
-Dyno session for a baseline and have the PR2ct's and Driven rear axleblock sliders fitted,
-Back at home, fit the Akra, Penske, K&N filter,
-then test ride the new gear, fine tuning the new shock, decide if I need to do the AIS mod and decide on the ECUnleashed mod...

The plan is when i get home:
-Give the bike a quick post 6 month storage/hibernation check/service... (fuel/battery/tyres/coolant/chain/lights...) fit the Motovation front axle sliders,
-Dyno session for a baseline and have the PR2ct's and Driven rear axleblock sliders fitted,
-Back at home, fit the Akra, Penske, K&N filter,
-then test ride the new gear, fine tuning the new shock, decide if I need to do the AIS mod and decide on the ECUnleashed mod...

Sounds like a good plan. Are you going to have some time off from work when you get back home? And I guess you'll do another dyno session after all the mods? And don't forget to do the "airbox mod" when fitting the K&N filter ;)

Sounds like a good plan. Are you going to have some time off from work when you get back home? And I guess you'll do another dyno session after all the mods? And don't forget to do the "airbox mod" when fitting the K&N filter ;)

I'll have about 3 weeks off.
Yep another dyno session will be in order, just not sure if it will need one before the ecu re-flash though... but definitely after that...
Hey a question about the air box mod, does it create any extra induction noise?

Sounds like the February I had last year! Yes you will have a lot of intake noise with the airbox mod and cut down flies.

But it's a nice growl :D Starts a little before 4k RPM on my bike. I actually use it as a shift point when riding at a slower pace in the city. No need to even look at the tach...hear the intake growl...time to shift up a gear ;)

Man, I need to save up for a rear shock. I think I exceed the weight limit for the stock :eek:.

Congrats on your new rear shock. I'm sure it will improve your fun and safety. I look forward to your review.

Look forward to hearing about how much of a difference it makes to the bikes handling. I tell ya, the more I dig around on this site the more I feel should just cut up my credit card NOW!!!!!

Look forward to hearing about how much of a difference it makes to the bikes handling. I tell ya, the more I dig around on this site the more I feel should just cut up my credit card NOW!!!!!

Oh you better watch out or the mod bug will bite you too :D

Mate, I've already had to tone it down. It's been unfortunate that it's been raining almost every day since I picked up the bike a few weeks back. I say unfortunate because I've spent way too much time here as a result of not being able to ride...and its COSTING ME MONEY!!!!
I've got bits and pieces flying in from all parts of the world! =P

It's been unfortunate that it's been raining almost every day since I picked up the bike a few weeks back.
Yep and with my shift roster I had almost 6 months of that kind of weather last year! go to work=sunny, day off=piss down on me... and they wonder why I don't ride so much.... that and I'm only a fair weather rider...

I've got bits and pieces flying in from all parts of the world! =P
Outstanding! Thats what we want to hear! :D

Back