Pics of my new Penske 8983 @ Traxxion Suspension

Join the club son, the waters are warm and sweet.
Lee @ Traxxion....:unworthy:
I have the 8983...its all you will ever need, just awesome quality

Last edited:
Hi wondering what you're main aim is? Is it handling or ride comfort. I ask as the stocker is terrible for comfort which is my main concern (keeps kicking me up the arse!). Also how much will it cost you to get it to Aus and where do you mount the remote?

Hi wondering what you're main aim is? Is it handling or ride comfort. I ask as the stocker is terrible for comfort which is my main concern (keeps kicking me up the arse!). Also how much will it cost you to get it to Aus and where do you mount the remote?

Hi Blanchy, yeah both mate :) Plus more adjustability within the shock for setting it up to suit me rather than settling for the std unadjustable one.

It turned up at home yesterday. Here's some pics:
The last pic has the bracket for the remote reservoir in the bag.

photo.JPG

photo-1.JPG

photo-2.JPG

photo-3.JPG

Oh and postage was $100usd and it only took 3-4 business days.

Last edited:
Oh yeah you meant getting home to the family too! Yep can't wait for that...
Sorry, my brain was in 'Bike' mode when I read that :D :oops: :tup:

Yea, that's what I meant also. Good thing the wife doesn't read the forum or you'd get :spank2:for sure when you got home :D

Scotty I don't know if I mentioned this before but make sure you cover the swing arm with something soft during the install. The paint on the swing arm is really soft.

Yea, that's what I meant also. Good thing the wife doesn't read the forum or you'd get :spank2:for sure when you got home :D

Hey Tony, by pure co-incidence she posted this on her profile yesterday...

404928_3166082192565_1280706220_3345986_1021860738_n.jpg

Yep, I think it may be a while before I get the ECU flashed... I've spent enough on it so far...

Well at this point I'm not doing anymore cosmetic or power mods to the bike. The rear shock will be next, but I really like the convenience of the hydraulic preload adjuster on the Ohlins. Perfect for when I load up the Givi's or carry a passenger. I'm just having a hard time justifying the $1k price tag and they never come up on the used market :(

Back