Ouch...

http://www.998cc.org/forum/non-fz1-motorcycle-section/20626-my-trip-work-zzr-today.html

I hope you recover quickly! I'm not going to sugarcoat it at all.....That surgery was pretty hard on me recovery wise. I was very active at the time, had just run a 1/2 marathon a couple months before. Had 90 rehab visits after the surgery too.

B2A4117A-7E05-4239-B01A-9BA442A4281D_zpszgesvt0f.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck on your recovery and follow the rehab protocol to the letter. I tore my left ACL in 1988 and had reconstruction surgery in 1990 after the bracing didn't help while skiing. It takes a year for the bone to fully integrate the donor or cadaver tissue. In 1994 I blew my right ACL and it pulled a divot off my femoral condial. That required immobilizatopn for six weeks to allow fibrous cartilage to form in the divot. Rehab was still 4 months with full recovery after one year. The Doc will recommend that you refrain from riding for a few months.

BTW I was just skiing in Aspen last weekend. Ajax is still one hell of a mountain to ski on.

But you can still ride your moto right????

Best wishes, heal up fast!
Not at all. The leg can only bare limited weight without buckling. I couldn't get the bike out of the garage let alone steady it at a stop.

And I was planning on riding to MOTOGP next weekend. Take the stupid car instead.

On an aside, I contacted COTA on disabled parking, access, and movement around the track. They are very helpful and accommodating. I still have a long weekend in front of me but they are making it much easier. And of course this year we bought the multi-turn pass, hiking required. Ugh.

Not at all. The leg can only bare limited weight without buckling. I couldn't get the bike out of the garage let alone steady it at a stop.

And I was planning on riding to MOTOGP next weekend. Take the stupid car instead.

On an aside, I contacted COTA on disabled parking, access, and movement around the track. They are very helpful and accommodating. I still have a long weekend in front of me but they are making it much easier. And of course this year we bought the multi-turn pass, hiking required. Ugh.

Bummer. Hopefully the Handi-capped access is good. a long time ago my wife hurt her leg riding dirt bikes and we had a planned trip to 6 Flags Magic Mountain, we went anyway and rented a wheelchair, her leg was all wrapped up and she really could not walk much. My buddy and I pushed her all over the park and the ride operators were super nice. We got special entrances to the rides and did not have to wait in line once. It actually turned in our favor in a really good way. Hopefully something like that happens for you.

Do they have buses that tour around the track for stand pass holders? they have these at Phillip Island and they're great if you have a long walk (I.e.to Siberia) or need assistance getting there.

Hope you heal up quick.

Yes they do. They have general shuttles for all, and dedicated for handicapped.

On the main grandstand they have an elevator.

I already have a state issued handicapped parking pass.

With my new brace tomorrow I think I'll be able walk with cane vs the crutches. I hope.

Yes they do. They have general shuttles for all, and dedicated for handicapped.

On the main grandstand they have an elevator.

I already have a state issued handicapped parking pass.

With my new brace tomorrow I think I'll be able walk with cane vs the crutches. I hope.

You're all good to go then. You'll just need a lanyard to attach to your drink holder to keep the beers cold and close by and a friend to go get your drinks.

Curious what was found on your MRI?

I got the results today.

1) Avulsion fracture of the ACL tibial attachment with 3mm of distraction of the fracture fragment. ACL fibers appear to be intact.

2) Torn medial meniscus.

3) Impaction fractures of the lateral femoral condyle and the posterior margins of the medial and lateral tibial plateaus.

Well that explains why it hurt so much when I landed!

The surgery went great! The doctor said we got the best possible outcome. The ACL was undamaged and still had full blood supply. Skiing next Spring!

Now the hard part begins.

5eb75f8041eb9d55ab3b9cb086ce1653.jpg

Back