Ouch...

Well after 45 years of skiing I finally had a major injury. My left ACL broke off from my tibia. Ugh...

58286c191ada99efb6e50c20b1276481.jpg

aa3fe1a11b1f55f60b2d1f4c3333582b.jpg

479c63169ca27cd46a62817702e26765.jpg

Ugh, that blows! Sorry to hear, Pete.

I'm unfamiliar with this injury, how much recovery time will you need to get back on your feet?

Sorry to hear that. This whole getting older thing Isn't for the faint of heart!

Surgery, then heal, then physio. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. You should have plenty of time for working in your shop this summer.

Last edited:
Ugh, that blows! Sorry to hear, Pete.

I'm unfamiliar with this injury, how much recovery time will you need to get back on your feet?
6 to 9 months? Maybe a year? Some football players careers are ruined. It's pretty major. I've had three other knee surgeries for torn cartridge. Recovery is about 4 months, 1 year to be 100 percent. I'll know more soon.

Oh No's!! Did you crash or did it just pop?
And where were you? Don't think they have a lot of skiing in Texas :eyebrow:
My son and I were at Taos this week. We were playing in the terrain park. I'd been jumping well all week. On this one I landed back and to the left. The snow was soft, the ski stuck and my body rotated right. The knee exploded before I hit the ground. The pain was off the charts for about 5 minutes. It felt like my knee was 2 feet in diameter.

I did something similar to my shoulder. The bicep tendon broke loose pulling the bone it was attached to with it. They used Titanium pins and sutures to hold everything in place while it healed. Good luck!

I saw this on FB first but again Pete, I am sorry this happened!

So, after all these years, I *finally* get to Texas to ride with you and this happens? I hope the recovery is quicker than most. ;) And if you need anything, please call me! I'm not far away!

UGH! Flashback!!!!!!!!!! I tore my ACL completely off my femur, had to take a graft from the tendon on front of my kneecap to replace it! I had a post on here somewhere when it happened.

Back