Ouch...

The surgery went great! The doctor said we got the best possible outcome. The ACL was undamaged and still had full blood supply. Skiing next Spring!

Now the hard part begins.

5eb75f8041eb9d55ab3b9cb086ce1653.jpg

Glad it went well and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Work hard in rehab, it pays off! That water cooler air pressure cycle machine was my BEST FRIEND. I didn't want to give it back!

Glad it went well and I hope you have a speedy recovery. Work hard in rehab, it pays off! That water cooler air pressure cycle machine was my BEST FRIEND. I didn't want to give it back!
Thanks! Someone this morning ( my memory is a bit fuzzy) recommended that I buy it instead of lease it, as I'll needed throughout physical therapy.

Good to hear. Hope you have a speedy recovery. They let you drink beer in hospital? I've had a bad knee since my mid twenties and found powder and spring slush the two worst snow conditions to ski in for my knee. Hard pack and even ice with Din settings on 11 were ok.

Good to hear. Hope you have a speedy recovery. They let you drink beer in hospital? I've had a bad knee since my mid twenties and found powder and spring slush the two worst snow conditions to ski in for my knee. Hard pack and even ice with Din settings on 11 were ok.
Ginger Ale. No booze with Percocet. With that I would be at Hell's Gate! The ginger helps with the upset stomach from all the meds.

Ginger Ale. No booze with Percocet. With that I would be at Hell's Gate! The ginger helps with the upset stomach from all the meds.

I toughed it out and only used Motrin. Looking back it wasn't very smart....that first few days (after the nerve block drip ran out) was pure hell. I absolutely hate pain medecine though, it really screws my stomach up. They prescribed Norco but I never did take one.

I toughed it out and only used Motrin. Looking back it wasn't very smart....that first few days (after the nerve block drip ran out) was pure hell. I absolutely hate pain medecine though, it really screws my stomach up. They prescribed Norco but I never did take one.
They gave me a 3 day nerve block. The meds are in the ball, delivery controlled by a meter. The thing is attached to my femoral nerve high up on my thigh. It works to the middle of my knee. Below that, where she drilled the holes in the tibia, the block has no effect.

The majority if the discomfort is in my shin, calf, ankle and foot. It's a deep, dull ache. Honestly I'm not sure if the Percocet actually does anything. My doctor recommend I use either Percocet or Norco for 3 days until the nerves calm down, then stop using them.

d33dc7254622dacae959afd319eb8f9d.jpg

Yep, exactly what I had. When that nerve block was gone (3 days I think)........OUCH. Take the pain meds, trust me! I should have listened to my Doctor and taken them.

Last edited:
Well the pain block is out, and no meds for the past 18 hours or so!

I also went to PT this morning. We'll go easy for the first month, then once the bone has fused hit it hard. I only have 12 PT visits so we are going to hang onto them for now and I'll work daily at home between each visit.

We took the wrap and dressing off today too, ick. The knee is the size of a softball. Ick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Don't skip any PT and push as hard as you can endure the pain. The more you do now, the better you will feel later and the better movement you will have. Of course don't do anything the Therapist recommend you not do.

Back