Ohlins YA 906 Rear Shock Installed

Supersonic, can you post a few more pics of your Ohlins setup please. I have the same shock, never thought of mounting it like that. Cheers

Supersonic, can you post a few more pics of your Ohlins setup please. I have the same shock, never thought of mounting it like that. Cheers
Here's another pic. To mount under the seat is a littte tricky you need to take the plastic rear section and a couple of steel seat mount brackets off. You will need to find a route from the shock to the cylinder mounting position, and remove any bolted obsticle to feed the resirvior though, allow about an hour of tial and error. I'm pretty sure if you go to the Ohlins site there is a installation diagram, that's where I got the idea.

001rtm.jpg

By null at 2010-12-25

I ordered a Nitron Sport Shock for my FZ1 tonight.
For $560 AUD delivered to my door, I couldn't pass that deal up.
I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get it in a few weeks time.
Hi ballmead, looking into shocks as the stocker sucks and found this thread. So how has the Nitron worked out? My local Yamaha dealeer rekons he can do me an Ohlins for the "right" price. Too scared to ask what that is yet but he wants some pics of my bike so it might be good.

The Ohlins is a nice shock and the convenience of the remote hydraulic preload is great (if you change it often), but the price is hard to stomach. I'm sure the Nitron is a good compromise as anything is going to be better than the stock shock.

The Ohlins is a nice shock and the convenience of the remote hydraulic preload is great (if you change it often), but the price is hard to stomach. I'm sure the Nitron is a good compromise as anything is going to be better than the stock shock.
I was thinking that, not planning on carrying a passenger so once I find the right preload it will probably stay set.

Back