November 7th PA/NJ Group Ride Anyone?

PING #3

We can meet up in New Hope/ Lambertville. It doesn't mean we have to drink coffee at any particular place. I'm sure that there are other places, Diners, ETC that we can stop at. As for the ride, I saw a route that runs up along the Delaware River into a mountainous region which then cuts back south actually through the mountains that looks nice.

Check this out:

From New Hope, Route 29 North to Route 619 North. Then to 627 North to Belvidere. Then we can cross into PA and continue North on River Rd. into the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. After that there is some routes in the mountains that I can figure out later. I'm at work right now and can't finish. See if you like this.

Yes, there are lots of places there on Bridge St. for breakfast / lunch, etc. I only suggested that place beacause it's the only one I remember from being there.

If we all like meeting there we should keep it in mind for the spring. Each year they have The Shad festival. They net the shad that come up the river, cook them in the streets and have a huge party throughout the whole town with bands, beer gardens, street vendors, the whole bit.

It was pretty frosty here before 9:00 today. So I'm all for not starting too early but I'll go with the flow.

Yes, there are lots of places there on Bridge St. for breakfast / lunch, etc. I only suggested that place beacause it's the only one I remember from being there.

If we all like meeting there we should keep it in mind for the spring. Each year they have The Shad festival. They net the shad that come up the river, cook them in the streets and have a huge party throughout the whole town with bands, beer gardens, street vendors, the whole bit.

It was pretty frosty here before 9:00 today. So I'm all for not starting too early but I'll go with the flow.

Sounds like we still haven't made up a time. Can we figure on a 11:00am meet in New Hope? That would mean I'd be meeting Tony by 9 or 9:30am in Jersey.

Dave: We'll have to continue about 60 miles to get to the location in New Hope from where we'll meet at 95 and 476. About 40+ miles North on I95 and then off Rt 29. I'll have directions with me so we'll get there fine. Figure about an hour from when we meet to get there.

Billy, any loop sounds fine to me. As long as someone has a plan, I'm in.

I'd say if Dave and I meet at 10am on I95, we can be there between 11-11:15am in Lambertville. Does that work for everyone?

And so far I'm only seeing 3 PINGS in this thread. How many total are there? Please Ping for an accurate number everyone.

So Far:

Brian
Dave
Billy

11-11:15AM in Lambertville seems to be the meeting place.

I would say that 11:00/11:30 as a meet time should be good. If I don't hear from Tony soon I'll call him when I get home from work. I will also look up some routes from the Recreation Area back south.

How does this look as a meeting spot? It's the corner of Church and Main in Lambertville. We will meet there by 11:00/11:30am. If this is okay chime in please. Thanks! Can't wait to see everyone!

Meetup.jpg

According to Mapquest from Kearny to Lambertville is 1 hour and 20 minutes. That means I'd have to be at Tony's by at least 9:15/9:30am. We would be leaving Tony's by 9:45am the latest. Does that sound good?

P.S. Hey T, give me a call at home to verify everything. I'm home now and not going anywhere. Thanks.

Im in :tup:

Meeting there at 11-11:15 works for me. Billy I will call you later, but Vadim and Gus will probably be joining us so we probably need to head out around 9 AM or so to pick them up and continue.

Dave: We'll have to continue about 60 miles to get to the location in New Hope from where we'll meet at 95 and 476. About 40+ miles North on I95 and then off Rt 29. I'll have directions with me so we'll get there fine. Figure about an hour from when we meet to get there.

Billy, any loop sounds fine to me. As long as someone has a plan, I'm in.

I'd say if Dave and I meet at 10am on I95, we can be there between 11-11:15am in Lambertville. Does that work for everyone?

And so far I'm only seeing 3 PINGS in this thread. How many total are there? Please Ping for an accurate number everyone.

So Far:

Brian
Dave
Billy

11-11:15AM in Lambertville seems to be the meeting place.

I will meet you then at the 95 to 467 exit. at about 10:00am. :yes:.

I am going to be in some pain. I have thrown my back out. This sux!!!!!!!!!!!! But not enough to stop me from a ride.

I will meet you then at the 95 to 467 exit. at about 10:00am. :yes:.

I am going to be in some pain. I have thrown my back out. This sux!!!!!!!!!!!! But not enough to stop me from a ride.

Sorry to hear that Dave. Why don't you take it easy the remainder of the day and use some heat tonight. I will bring along some Advil Liquid Gels with me just in case. I hope you feel better.

Im in :tup:

Meeting there at 11-11:15 works for me. Billy I will call you later, but Vadim and Gus will probably be joining us so we probably need to head out around 9 AM or so to pick them up and continue.

Okay, no problem. I'll leave my house at 8:20am. I'll meet you at the storage place.Thanks.

Last edited:
So we have:

Brian
Dave
Billy
Steve
Tony
Vadim
Gus

Dave, I'll give you a call to confirm our meeting spot, most likely on I95 just NORTH of the exit for 476.

10am sounds great.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

So we'll meet at corner of Church & Main ?

I went to Cycle Gear today and bought glove liners and a fleece thing that goes around the neck.

Last edited:
All sounds good to me. Dave and I are set to meet on I95.

We'll meet you guys at the corner of Church and Main (Rt. 29) between 11 and 11:15am.

Be careful everyone since the temps that early may still leave black ice in the morning.

Ok Im siting on the bike watching the clock.
:hellno: I have to wait an extra hour because of this being the end of day light savings?:jaw drop:

This sux!:cuss:

Back