New Yamaha Project???

Thanks everyone. The paint is just stunning. I'm thrilled with it!

Somewhere I have roundels from the SRX-6 in gold. They should look great against the blue tank. I just need to find them.

Billy for now just carefully break the motor in and keep sorting to make the bike reliable.

That said it would be fun to ride a mellow session on the track.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

My son is in town for Spring Break so we worked on two small mods; Renthal bar ends, and an FZ8 clutch lever assembly. The old XV clutch lever assembly is loosely-goosey. The FZ8 assembly is much more solid.

Tonight we will tackle the muffler.

View attachment 17295

Last edited:
The muffler looks great! When we fired it up smoke come rolling out. All of the machine oil was burning off. I killed every bug in the neighborhood.

Oddly the sound is very similar to the MAC but not as tinny. The muffler saves another a pound. Video tomorrow.

View attachment 17296

I put another 45 miles on her today. Yesterday I received new exhaust clamps and new fuel line clamps. I installed them and the "farting" at cold start is all but gone. The plug check showed slightly lean, however once all of the small vacuum leaks are taken care up, the jetting should be spot on.

Here's a quick run up today. This is about 7/8th throttle. Still not pinned yet. I'm at about 150 miles post rebuild. No WFO until 600 miles and a valve adjustment. Over 5K she really pulls nicely!

http://youtu.be/n54_UOxqYdU

HI Billy! Thanks. Yes the glass is off the cover. I've been working on it and I'm afraid I'll need to find a professional. It bounces around and is missing a couple of critical nuts/bolts.

This week's NOS:

1) Battery box nut. I've looked for 18 months for this. Found one in Canada, $7.00 shipped, what a deal!

2) Shift lever, I've looked about a year for this one. This was about $50.00, ouch.

3) Battery box bolt. Like the nut looked 18 months. This was $20.00 shipped.

4) Lower half of battery box: $15.00 shipped.

Each part was delivered in the original dealer wrapper, pretty cool.

Now that the "outside of the bike is more or less restored, I want to restore the next layer. Idea being when a side cover is removed it looks like 1982. No not a mullett!

evu8anep.jpg

evepe6ur.jpg

Back