New MT10

I guess that's 200 km before the warning light comes on and not to a full tank, right? I've read that the bike gets pretty poor fuel economy, somewhere around 7-7.5 L/100 km (30-33 MPG US) and combined with a small 17L tank, I guess that's a minor drawback.

Yes, that's right, I wait until the warning light then make sure I fill up in about 20kms. The FZ1S would go to about 240kms before it started flashing on empty, the MT10 starts flashing on empty around 180kms. Currently getting 7.42l per 100kms on the MT10 (in the ball park of your figures above Dustin) and was getting 5.8-6.2l per 100kms on the FZ1S.

I didn't buy the MT10 for fuel economy though, I have an MT07 at home as well, although that belongs to the missus ;-)

I am afraid if I do that my wife will have words for me..... I have shown up with big purchases before without asking..... oops.
I need to buy chain lube but terrified to walk into the Yamaha dealer as my self control is not so good, better bring wife with me that way the Gen 1 will be coming home to it's cozy garage

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Copperdog came out with the DV8R model (speaking only of appearance here) long before the FZ-10 was announced. It has a small likeness to the FZ-10, you think?

DV8R

I'd like to get the fairing and radiator guards only. I have a Yamaha chin fairing and his Strike seat cowl already. If I got them in basic black, I could have fun with the paint! Or, put them on and do a black vinyl wrap on the tank.... Hmmmm...... He came out with this design some time ago, like almost two years ago. If I hadn't already bought his other stuff, I'd have jumped on this already.

YAMAHA REVEALS UPDATED 2017 MT-10 AND NEW MT-10 SP

YAMAHA has revealed an updated version of the MT-10 for 2017 as well as a new SP version of the naked bike with technology taken from the R1.

The MT-10 SP (pictured above) has gained semi-active Öhlins Electronic Racing Suspension, which automatically adapts compression and rebound-damping settings to conditions.

It also has an R1-type Thin Film Transistor (TFT) full-colour instrument panel and comes in a new ‘Silver Blue Carbon’ colour scheme with blue wheels, gold-coloured forks and silver bodywork.

The updated base-model MT-10 gets a quick-shifter which Yamaha says ‘gives even more thrilling acceleration through the gearbox’ by momentarily cancelling drive torque when an upshift is detected.

It also gets revised engine mapping for ‘smoother throttle characteristics from low to high rpm for more balanced performance’.

Both were unveiled today at the Intermot motorcycle show in Cologne, Germany, and will be available to buy in February 2017.

Yamaha%20MT-10%20SP.jpg

2017_YAM_MT10DX_EU_BWM2_STU_002_03.jpg

Motorcycle.com compares the FZ-10, Tuono 1100 RR, EBR 1190 SX and the Speed Triple R
[video=youtube;8dyMHH5ObGo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dyMHH5ObGo&ab_channel=Motorcycle.com[/video]

The problem in Belgium as from 1/1/2017: we are obliged to pay up to 1390€ just to get the bike registered. Due to new legislation the actual BHP are to be registered and not the limited version upon purchase. And to add, even a second hand will require you to register it again (and pay quite some €)
This makes this bike unfortunately not on many people's list, other than to have it for track only, but there are better bikes for trackdays....

The problem in Belgium as from 1/1/2017: we are obliged to pay up to 1390€ just to get the bike registered. Due to new legislation the actual BHP are to be registered and not the limited version upon purchase. And to add, even a second hand will require you to register it again (and pay quite some €)
This makes this bike unfortunately not on many people's list, other than to have it for track only, but there are better bikes for trackdays....
You still have a couple of days to buy it and register it before 2017

Skickat från min HTC 10 via Tapatalk

Back