New MT10

This bike is a beast and a gem by all accounts. Looking forward to seeing some reviews and reports from new owners that join this forum ;)

I love it, but it is certainly dividing opinions on the looks front ;-)

Agree... I've seen the bike in the flesh and the pics look a lot worse.

It's still a face only a mother could love and even though - it doesn't look as bad in the flesh, there's a bit too much plastic in the headlight area.

Well...

I do like this concept one better:

yamaha-mt-10-in-valentino-rossi-livery-and-more-from-ad-koncept_12.jpg

Agreed,

Pictures don't do these machines justice and they are waaaaaayyy more sexy in the metal/plastic. Be nice to finally have the crossplaned engine on an FZ1.

If you can't find them in the States, you can always come up and grab a Canadian one. Our FZ1 is completely gone now.

Last edited:
So, off I went on Friday to the Yamaha Demo Days. When I get there I find out that the FZ-10 is off the ride list. Something about it being a pre-production model and not being able to obtain insurance for it!
I got to look at it and sit on it but that was it.
I did ride the FJ-09 which is nice. Lots more leg room than the FZ1. Rode the FJR and liked the heated grip and electric windshield as it was a windy, cool day. Last ride was on the XSR 900. First time I cracked the throttle resulted in a nice wheelie! This thing would get me in trouble because I'd do stupid things on it all the time. Hated the lack of wind protection though.

Picked up my MT10 today :) Will try and get some K's on it tomorrowand post a review but just the ride home from the dealer's left me grinning like a Cheshire cat :)

Picked up mine 3 days ago... Its an incredible machine!

8136da85b7b0bc0daaf74dd1b5fa8de2.jpg

Back