New member welcome thread...

Any way i just wanted to say hello and thanks for accepting me to the club. i owen a 2008 FZ1 which is now in parts lol.

im from Los Angeles USA but im now in NC for work crazy.

i need some help getting my baby back in riding shape. i droped in on the left side going about 25mph now it will not start, enegine warning light is on. it cranks and turns over but will not run. i droped some fuel in the the cylinders and it started but died, what could it be? im think its the fuel pump but not sure how to test it.
any advice or help is most apprrciated
thanks
crash

Welcome...

Unless you damaged something on the bike beyond the cosmetics there is no reason for it not to start. The fact that it's displaying a trouble code leads me to believe some sensor is damaged. Did you check the fuses? Check the side stand switch as well since that's on the left side and could have been damaged. Good luck...

Newbie introduction...

I wanted to introduce myself and get some advise. First I'm so happy to find such great communities around the FZ1, FZ6, FZ6r, etc. (I've joined these 3 forums, but I don't think the FZ8 or FZ16 are sold in the states, so I didn't join over there). Sorry to everyone who reads this on all 3 forums, but this is a copy and paste job for FZ1, FZ6 and FZ6r intro.

First things first. My name is Troy, I live in east central IL, USA :america:; I'm 40 (ouch, that hurts to type), I've been married since Sept '93 to a great woman who also loves motorcycles. I have 2 kids, son who's 10 (very soon to be 11) and a daughter who's 8 (almost as soon to be 9). I've been riding since I was 9 or 10. I started out on a little red Yamaha endro 2-stroke from 1978 (I miss the sound, smell, smoke, etc., ahhh, 2-strokes) and still have that bike and it still runs :) (I'll post a pic ASAP) I bought an '86 Yamaha XT350 in 1986 (my first new bike) and loved it through high school and college, but some bimbo turned in front of me, I flew over her trunk and my bike became part of her car :cry: (luckily no serious injury to me or my passenger). Funny thing, the insurance money became an engadgement ring.

Damn, I hope that wasn't TMI. Anyway, here comes more. I'm a fat dude now, (5' 10" and 330lbs.) and I am determined to get a bike again. I've looked around for several years and decided the FZ6 or FZ1 would suit me fine. My wife recently got her first bike, a new '09 Ninja 250r. Those 2 little gerbals can even pull my fat butt around better than I thought (I got it up to 85mph on the GPS). I've found a nice, low milage 2006, Shift Red FZ1. I've heard about the throttle snatch in the '06 and wondered if that should be a deal breaker. It's best to keep wrenches out of my hands, so I'm not going to be able to do to much to fix it.

I've considered looking at the FZ6 and passing it down to my wife when she out grows the baby Ninja, but I don't know if that's what she'll want by then, and I really want the FZ1 with all my weight. Any other big guys have experience with FZ1 and FZ6... thoughts?

I have many more stories, questions, thoughts and garbage to share, but I see that I've written a novel already, so I'll spew all that at a later time. Thanks again to all who participate and especially support and run these sites. I've been a forum admin before, and I know the time and engery it takes.

Have fun and be safe.

Hej BDazzler. I was a 264lbs guy when I had the FZ6. The only thing that kindof bugged me was that I looked big on that bike. I had equal amounts of fun, if not more, on the FZ6. You have to rev the crap out of it, but it rewards you with a complete sensation of speed. It screams so much you'd think you're on a Moto2 bike. So the sensation is maybe even stronger than on the FZ1. On the 1000cc you have to be a bit more careful with the throttle. If you make it scream, you're quickly over 130 mph.

So two bikes, each very good. If you can afford the FZ1, with the higher buying price,insurance and fuel consumption, buy that one. If money is an issue, the FZ6 will be just as fun.

I appriciate the input. That confirms what I've heard from others; the 6 gives up a lot of low end to the liter bike. I've wanted to test them both, but so far I've only had a chance on a 2006 FZ1, and I'm afraid I've fallen for it. Nothing against the 6 at all, but I think I'll have more fun with more lower grunt.

I'm willing to wait and save a bit longer to get the FZ1, rather than getting the FZ6 now. I know I'd like the FZ6, but I think I'd still be pining for the FZ1 on down the road. I'm saving up and buying it outright. I'm hoping to walk in with cash and let Mr. Franklin negotiate a discount of sorts.

As far as looking big, well, I know I can't help that on anything at my weight - LOL. I'm too old to really care much anymore.

I'm glad to be here, and I hope to have some stories, pics and video of an FZ1 to share soon, (by spring 2011.)

Another Dave here, from the east coast of Canada. I don't have a FZ1 but I did just aquire a 2011 FZ8SAL Fazer8. Great forum, I'll try and post some pictures on the "Show us your Baby" thread.

Another Dave here, from the east coast of Canada. I don't have a FZ1 but I did just aquire a 2011 FZ8SAL Fazer8. Great forum, I'll try and post some pictures on the "Show us your Baby" thread.

Welcome Dave. Glad to have you here. Maybe when you have time you can do a small write-up on your initial impressions on the FZ8 for us to read. Beautiful ride by the way!

Hi all,

I recently joined this forum, as well as those dedicated to the FZ6 and FZ6R, after acquiring an 08 FZ6 back in April of this year. I also acquired an 07 FZ1 last week. I am thrilled with both bikes! I have been riding many years (dirt and street) and have had lots of different bikes. The 6 is stock except for grip puppies but the 1 has had several mods and runs really strong. I bought the 1 because I have always wanted to do some touring and hope to do some next year. This is an outstanding forum and I much enjoy reading the experiences of the members.

Hi

My name is Steve, and I live in the UK. I just got a new FZ1 Fazer last week, and I am trying to run it in as quickly as I can at the moment, so that I can unleash those extra revs! I just traded in my FZ6 Fazer which I had for 4 years, and I must say it was a fantastic bike. I'm assuming that as the FZ6 was that good the FZ1 must be out of this world.

Steve

Hi

My name is Steve, and I live in the UK. I just got a new FZ1 Fazer last week, and I am trying to run it in as quickly as I can at the moment, so that I can unleash those extra revs! I just traded in my FZ6 Fazer which I had for 4 years, and I must say it was a fantastic bike. I'm assuming that as the FZ6 was that good the FZ1 must be out of this world.

Steve

Welcome and congratulations on the upgrade! I am sure you will love the new found power and handling. I like the RD350 avatar. A prevoius bike? If so post up some pictures of the old and the new.

Hi

Steve

Welcome to the forum! I've heard that assumption is the mother of all fu**ups. But assuming that the former sentence is true might be one of those fu**ups ;)

Hi everyone, I am Raymond And live in Manila, Philippines although I spend a lot of time right now in Angola a Dubai working as an aviation consultant.

I am a young 63 retired airline pilot who has always like bikes but never had the time of one. I have now just bought a new FZ1, black and sent it to Manila where it awaits my return this month. I hope I will be able to ride this bike and enjoy it in spite of my lack of experience on a machine with so much power. I use to ride small bikes as a teenager but have not touched any other 2 wheeler since so you can understand my mmmmmmm fair.

Any advice is welcome. I went out yesterday and bought 2 helmets. A Nolan X-lite 802 and a Nolan X-701 with the bluetooth. A set of gloves and thats it. I am too FAT to fit into the jackets and pants they were selling at the yamaha center in Dubai so have to do without the fancy dress.

I look forward to learning from you all and enjoying the other side of biking.

Take care.

Welcome and congratulations on the upgrade! I am sure you will love the new found power and handling. I like the RD350 avatar. A prevoius bike? If so post up some pictures of the old and the new.

Yes the RD350LC was my all time favourite bike. I had one when I was 18, and that’s nearly 30 years ago now. Interesting they had an article in Motorcycle News last week hailing the FZ1-N as the spiritual successor to the RD350LC. Im not sure I have any pictures of mine anymore, but it was exactly the same as my avatar.

Steve

Hi everyone, I am Raymond And live in Manila, Philippines although I spend a lot of time right now in Angola a Dubai working as an aviation consultant.

I am a young 63 retired airline pilot who has always like bikes but never had the time of one. I have now just bought a new FZ1, black and sent it to Manila where it awaits my return this month. I hope I will be able to ride this bike and enjoy it in spite of my lack of experience on a machine with so much power. I use to ride small bikes as a teenager but have not touched any other 2 wheeler since so you can understand my mmmmmmm fair.

Any advice is welcome. I went out yesterday and bought 2 helmets. A Nolan X-lite 802 and a Nolan X-701 with the bluetooth. A set of gloves and thats it. I am too FAT to fit into the jackets and pants they were selling at the yamaha center in Dubai so have to do without the fancy dress.

I look forward to learning from you all and enjoying the other side of biking.

Take care.

:welcome: As many here have said before the FZ is fairly civilized in the lower half of the rev range. Just take it easy and get to know the new ride and you should be fine. As far as gear goes, they sell mesh shirts with elbow, shoulder, chest, and back protectors attached. The off road guys use them and I have seen some pretty big guys wearing them. They are not all that stylish but will save your skin should you have an off, and considering where you live they will be comfortable in the heat. Enjoy your new ride!

Hello! My name is Pedro i´m 28 years old and i´m from Portugal in Oporto city.
I have a long list of bikes owned most supersport (gixxer 1000 05, Zx10, busa)and one Harley. I´m loving my fully stock 07 FZ1s abs, it´s very comfortable and it haves good power, great for riding with the wife.
I expect to learn from your experience with the FZ or named Fazer in my country.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hello! My name is Pedro i´m 28 years old and i´m from Portugal in Oporto city.
I have a long list of bikes owned most supersport (gixxer 1000 05, Zx10, busa)and one Harley. I´m loving my fully stock 07 FZ1s abs, it´s very comfortable and it haves good power, great for riding with the wife.
I expect to learn from your experience with the FZ or named Fazer in my country.
Thanks

Welcome Pedro. Happy you have found us. Not sure if we have any other members from Portugal. You may be the first. Thanks for joining! Get some pictures up of your new ride as well as you other bikes too!

Hello

Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself, I hale from the Kansas city area. Just picked up my 2002 Fz1 this weekend. So far the bike is awesome!!! The bike is stock in mint condition, only had 5k miles on it... Its my first newer bike as most of the bikes that I have owned before were 70s, and 80s stuff. Previous Bikes: 73 Kawasaki 500 triple, 75 Suzuki 550 triple, 86 Yamaha yz490 and a 81 Suzuki gsx 1100.

Hello from NorCal

Hello my name is Jesus, just joined and have browsed around on some of the post and hope to get some good ideas on upgrading my bike. I have a Grey/Black FZ1 . Picked it up brand spanking new before it even hit the local Yamaha dealers showroom. It is all stock except for the seat, Changed that out this past May for a Corbin seat w/passanger backrest. Anyone on here from around the Sacramento area give me a gingle, haven't seen many FZ1 riders around here, or at least I can't find them.

View attachment 3905

Hello my name is Jesus, just joined and have browsed around on some of the post and hope to get some good ideas on upgrading my bike. I have a Grey/Black FZ1 . Picked it up brand spanking new before it even hit the local Yamaha dealers showroom. It is all stock except for the seat, Changed that out this past May for a Corbin seat w/passanger backrest. Anyone on here from around the Sacramento area give me a gingle, haven't seen many FZ1 riders around here, or at least I can't find them.

View attachment 3905

Welcome Jesus! Happy you found us. Congrats on the new bike. I'm positive that you'll find some other members from Cali here on the site as we have quite a few. Thanks for the pic.

Howya

Hello from Cork, Ireland.
I have a 07 FZ1S. I have it for about 2 months. 3 days after getting it the frame cracked and has been since replaced by Yamaha at no cost to me. It has not put me off the bike in the least. I am really enjoying it. I purchased the bike for 2 up touring as my wife finds the back of my ZX10R somewhat uncomfortable. I also have 2 GSXR 1100's, a 79 CBX 1000Z and a little 225 serow for off road during the winter.

I work for a medical device company here in Cork.

Jimmy K.

Hello from Cork, Ireland.
I have a 07 FZ1S. I have it for about 2 months. 3 days after getting it the frame cracked and has been since replaced by Yamaha at no cost to me. It has not put me off the bike in the least. I am really enjoying it. I purchased the bike for 2 up touring as my wife finds the back of my ZX10R somewhat uncomfortable. I also have 2 GSXR 1100's, a 79 CBX 1000Z and a little 225 serow for off road during the winter.

I work for a medical device company here in Cork.

Jimmy K.

Welcome to the forum. That's quite the stable you have there, we would love to see some pictures. I'm glad that the frame issue did not put you off. As long as a manufacture is willing to make good then it really isn't an issue.

Back