New member welcome thread...

Hi I'm Louis

I'm from Durban, South Africa

I own a 2007 FZ1 and absolutely love the bike. Owned lots of other bikes along with a RZ350 that I still regret selling. I'm in the process of making some mods to my bike and the site has been very helpfull with lots of info. I also own a 2008 WR450 to go and explore all the great off road riding in South Afirca.

I am an international service engineer and work for an European company installing and maintaining UPS (Uninteruptable power supply) systems for crucial services like airports, hospitals and data centres.

Hi I'm Louis

I'm from Durban, South Africa

I own a 2007 FZ1 and absolutely love the bike. Owned lots of other bikes along with a RZ350 that I still regret selling. I'm in the process of making some mods to my bike and the site has been very helpfull with lots of info. I also own a 2008 WR450 to go and explore all the great off road riding in South Afirca.

I am an international service engineer and work for an European company installing and maintaining UPS (Uninteruptable power supply) systems for crucial services like airports, hospitals and data centres.

:welcome: I always wanted an RZ350, (well, I really wanted the 500, but I would have been fine with the 350). I'd love to see some pics of your bikes when you get the chance.

New Member From the UK

Hello to ALL on the forum,

I've recently swapped my 1999 R1 for a FZ1-N due to getting feed up with aching wrists/back/neck etc.

It's great to ride a bike which has the power of my old R1 but which is comfortable to ride.

I'll post some pictures of the bike soon.

Carl (FZ1George)

New from SoCal

Hey everyone,

My name is Josh. I'm 20. Glad to be a part of the community now. I've been riding on a '97 HD Sportster 1200, but wasnt too happy with it (and it's now for sale if anyone is interested). I was originally shooting for the FZ6, but I had a chance to ride the 6 and the 1, and liked the FZ1 more. Finally was able to get my own this last Saturday, and I love it.

For all you L.A. and O.C. peeps: Hit me up! I live in San Pedro (the port of L.A.) and I'm in O.C. Mon-Wed each week for school, and have plenty of free time to ride while I'm down there.

I work at British Customs, which services both old and new British motorcycles, and fabricates new parts for, mostly, new Triumphs. I work there as a photographer, videographer, and editor of both types of media.

See you guys around!

Josh

Hey everyone,

My name is Josh. I'm 20. Glad to be a part of the community now. I've been riding on a '97 HD Sportster 1200, but wasnt too happy with it (and it's now for sale if anyone is interested). I was originally shooting for the FZ6, but I had a chance to ride the 6 and the 1, and liked the FZ1 more. Finally was able to get my own this last Saturday, and I love it.

For all you L.A. and O.C. peeps: Hit me up! I live in San Pedro (the port of L.A.) and I'm in O.C. Mon-Wed each week for school, and have plenty of free time to ride while I'm down there.

I work at British Customs, which services both old and new British motorcycles, and fabricates new parts for, mostly, new Triumphs. I work there as a photographer, videographer, and editor of both types of media.

See you guys around!

Josh

Welcome Josh! Congrats on the new ride. Let's see some pics of both your rides. You never know who's in the market for a Hog.

My name is David. I am 47 years old and just love this bike. It makes number 24. I live in Bartlett,TN. and had the same printing job for 29 years. Colbalt blue 09. yes the fast one if someone else is riding it.

Last edited:
Jim, from Newark,Ohio......I'm a former Gen1 owner(I've had a couple)...and soon to be one again. I currently have a 09 Versys.

I've been riding all of my life, (I'm in my 50's) Gen1 FZ1's are my favorite bikes, but my Versys is right there with them.

I traded my last FZ1 in on a FJR, because my wife wanted to ride 2up (she has her own bike also)....didn't work out so well BAD MOVE.. I bought the Versys in the middle of that. The FJR was not a good "fit" so I traded it in on a................oh never mind. I think she feels sorry enough for me to allow me to have the Versys, and a Gen1 FZ1.

I work as a mechanic for the local P.D. Been a member of the FZ1OA for quite a while also...

Thanks, Jim

Jim, from Newark,Ohio......I'm a former Gen1 owner(I've had a couple)...and soon to be one again. I currently have a 09 Versys.

I've been riding all of my life, (I'm in my 50's) Gen1 FZ1's are my favorite bikes, but my Versys is right there with them.

I traded my last FZ1 in on a FJR, because my wife wanted to ride 2up (she has her own bike also)....didn't work out so well BAD MOVE.. I bought the Versys in the middle of that. The FJR was not a good "fit" so I traded it in on a................oh never mind. I think she feels sorry enough for me to allow me to have the Versys, and a Gen1 FZ1.

I work as a mechanic for the local P.D. Been a member of the FZ1OA for quite a while also...

Thanks, Jim

Welcome Jim, great to have another member. Mechanic is just a bonus, you will find us a friendly bunch.:welcome:

A little late

Hello all. My name is Frank and I joined this forum some months ago and purchased my FZ1 2009 raven back in March. Been having so much fun learning the differences from this to all the dirt bikes I have had. This is my first street bike even though I have wanted one since I was 18, yes that was quite a few years ago.

As you can see from my signature I have been busy modding this thing every way I can! I ride this so much I have started to neglect my YZ! Glad google found this site for me because I have learned at least an encyclopedia worth of knowledge from here!!

Frank

New-B 2 site

Hey everyone, just thought i would introduce myself before i started looking around site. Names Jay from Ontario Canada. I been looking at the forum for a few months. I just crashed my 2006 FZ1 a little while ago and was getting information on fixing it or buying a new one. Love the bike, hope to get back on a FZ1 soon!!!

Welcome

Hey everyone, just thought i would introduce myself before i started looking around site. Names Jay from Ontario Canada. I been looking at the forum for a few months. I just crashed my 2006 FZ1 a little while ago and was getting information on fixing it or buying a new one. Love the bike, hope to get back on a FZ1 soon!!!

Welcome to the Forum and good luck getting the FZ back up and running!

Hey Phantomdude ... a little late myself in responding but I am in the same boat as you ... and its a good one! I have been riding and racing dirtbikes forever and finally broke down in June! Like you my 09 is my first street bike ever but for quite a while now I knew what I wanted in a motorcycle and the FZ1 is all that! This board has proven to be a wealth of knowledge as lots of great folks contribute information (and great pics) from around the world... welcome aboard mate! ;)

Hello everyone!
My name is Paul & bought my red 06 used at stealership in March 07 with 2,800 miles on the odo. It is now fully modded except for Ign. Module with 38,000 on the odo & I love this bike.
I'm 45, on my second marriage to an awsome Brazillian women who understands my need to ride every weekend:tup:, I have 2 boys & 1 stepson from my 1'st marriage and 2 stepsons and 1 stepdaughter from my 2'nd marriage.
I'm a service manager for an appliance co. that I have been at for 23 yrs.

here is a pic of my red 06

fzwilly-albums-misc-pics-picture1315-09-05-10-trip-kanc-001.jpg

Hello,

I thought I would nose around a bit to stay connected to some of my riding buddies who Frequent this Forum.

My Name is Harry I ride a Vulcan 800 clasic. I am a bike enthusiest first so I am not here to Hijack the site away from The FZ1 it supports but more to just be involved with riders.

Looking forword to seeing whats going on and maybe use the forum to stay connected with my riding frends throught the Messaging service this site provides.

So Hello to all. :Rockon:

Hello,

I thought I would nose around a bit to stay connected to some of my riding buddies who Frequent this Forum.

My Name is Harry I ride a Vulcan 800 clasic. I am a bike enthusiest first so I am not here to Hijack the site away from The FZ1 it supports but more to just be involved with riders.

Looking forword to seeing whats going on and maybe use the forum to stay connected with my riding frends throught the Messaging service this site provides.

So Hello to all. :Rockon:

Welcome Harry,
Like you I dont Ride a FZ1 either however I have found this site to be one full of "bikers".

Enjoy your visits and get as in volved as you want.
And dad er' I meen Harry. Get up a picture of that classic if you want.

Back