New member welcome thread...

Saying hi from Kelowna BC Canada. I just moved here from Calgary and as a result get more time to ride.

I have been riding for around 26 years, everything from GSXR's and the last 10 or so on Harleys, what was I thinking? Got tired of the Hog show and bought my Red 08 FZ1 last year. Love the bike, hate the seat.

Any way, hello all, great site full of information and hope to be able to contribute.

Saying hi from Kelowna BC Canada. I just moved here from Calgary and as a result get more time to ride.

I have been riding for around 26 years, everything from GSXR's and the last 10 or so on Harleys, what was I thinking? Got tired of the Hog show and bought my Red 08 FZ1 last year. Love the bike, hate the seat.

Any way, hello all, great site full of information and hope to be able to contribute.

A big welcome from your old home town of Calgary. :welcome: Kelown is a great place to live and definately has a longer riding season. Find Green mountain road just a little south of you, it's a great ride, just watch out for wild horses.

New Member says hi.

Hi to all, just bought a new FZ1 Fazer and already the mod bug has struck.
Currently just an R&G tail tidy and a Leo Vince GP Pro end can with centrestand removed and some R&G swingarm bobbins so I can still raise the bike for maintenance.
Few more mods planned including lower screen and bellypan.
I live in the sunny (yeah right!) south west of England and use my bike for everything including commuting on a daily basis (except when it's icey, haven't mastered that skill just yet,lol).
Right probably starting to sound boring now so catch you all later,
cheers
Chivo

Hi to all, just bought a new FZ1 Fazer and already the mod bug has struck.
Currently just an R&G tail tidy and a Leo Vince GP Pro end can with centrestand removed and some R&G swingarm bobbins so I can still raise the bike for maintenance.
Few more mods planned including lower screen and bellypan.
I live in the sunny (yeah right!) south west of England and use my bike for everything including commuting on a daily basis (except when it's icey, haven't mastered that skill just yet,lol).
Right probably starting to sound boring now so catch you all later,
cheers
Chivo

:welcome: Chivo, It's nice to have you along. Feel free to post up some shots of the bike for us!:)

Proud new owner

My name is Dave. I'm 27. I'm from Upstate NY, born and raised. I'm a computer programmer/software developer for a local, small e-learning company.

I currently ride an '06 in Shift Red which I just got earlier this week; my first 1000. I had an '07 FZ6 for a few months, and before that, my first bike, was an '03 Suzuki Katana 600 that I had for 2 year and 10,000 miles. I also drive an '03 VW GTI VR6.

I think that's enough about me for now. I'll post pics of my bike, which is 100% stock, in the 'FZ1 Riders Show us your baby!!' thread shortly.

Hopefully I'll learn a few things here, and maybe even contribute a thing or to!

Welcome Dave and congrats! We're you on the FZ6 sister site as well?

Also, welcome to all the others since my last visit in this thread! Seems you are all arriving faster than I can offer up a welcome! Thanks all, for finding the site and joining!

My name is Dave. I'm 27. I'm from Upstate NY, born and raised. I'm a computer programmer/software developer for a local, small e-learning company.

I currently ride an '06 in Shift Red which I just got earlier this week; my first 1000. I had an '07 FZ6 for a few months, and before that, my first bike, was an '03 Suzuki Katana 600 that I had for 2 year and 10,000 miles. I also drive an '03 VW GTI VR6.

I think that's enough about me for now. I'll post pics of my bike, which is 100% stock, in the 'FZ1 Riders Show us your baby!!' thread shortly.

Hopefully I'll learn a few things here, and maybe even contribute a thing or to!

Welcome Dave, when you say upstate, how far do you mean? If your not too far maybe we can get some riding in at Bear Mountain and surrounding areas. Post some shots when you get a chance!

Welcome Dave, when you say upstate, how far do you mean? If your not too far maybe we can get some riding in at Bear Mountain and surrounding areas. Post some shots when you get a chance!
Upstate as in Albany/Troy area. Bear Mountain would probably be about a 90-120 minute ride for me, but I'd be up for something like that. I haven't really been down to that area before, only have passed through heading for other destinations.

Welcome Dave and congrats! We're you on the FZ6 sister site as well?

Also, welcome to all the others since my last visit in this thread! Seems you are all arriving faster than I can offer up a welcome! Thanks all, for finding the site and joining!
I was, but only for one thread as I only had the FZ6 for about 3 months before I wrecked it horsing around attempting a wheelie. Insurance company totalled it, and I decided to upgrade to the 1000 and have a little more respect for the power potential that lies in my grip. I'm keeping both wheels on the ground from here on out!

Upstate as in Albany/Troy area. Bear Mountain would probably be about a 90-120 minute ride for me, but I'd be up for something like that. I haven't really been down to that area before, only have passed through heading for other destinations.

Welcome Dave. Billy and I frequently ride to Bear Mt so you're welcomed to take a ride down and meet up with us one of these Sunday mornings. Nice choice of color by the way. I have a Shift Red '06 as well :D

New(er) Member

I joined a few months ago, but recently became a more active member. So for a little about me...

I'm a 26 year old U.S. Army guy. I started riding when I was 16 in Y2K with my father and brother. I have most of my experience in HDs, but I don't discriminate- a nice bike is a nice bike- no matter the make or model. I have an '06 HD StreetGlide also, so don't bash the hogs! My wife and I ride to different bike weeks/rallies and for vacations as much as we can.

I recently got rid of an '08 CBR600RR for my '08 FZ1, I couldn't stand the riding position any longer. I could not have made a better choice, the FZ1 is the most all-around fun motorcycle I have ever ridden.

I look forward to reading your posts to learn some things and I hope that I can throw out some help here and there. I have seen some great looking rides on this forum so far. Look forward to talking and riding with you guys.

There's no problem there. I've been wanting to do a Catskills run for some time now. Maybe one day soon we can meet halfway and ride some of those roads in the Catskill Region.

There's no problem there. I've been wanting to do a Catskills run for some time now. Maybe one day soon we can meet halfway and ride some of those roads in the Catskill Region.

Welcome Dave. Billy and I frequently ride to Bear Mt so you're welcomed to take a ride down and meet up with us one of these Sunday mornings. Nice choice of color by the way. I have a Shift Red '06 as well :D

As soon as I finish breaking in my motor then you can count me in for something like that. I just rolled over 200 mi today, so another 400mi until my first service, and another 400mi after that before I can really rev her up, at least per the owner's manual.

I joined a few months ago, but recently became a more active member. So for a little about me...

I'm a 26 year old U.S. Army guy. I started riding when I was 16 in Y2K with my father and brother. I have most of my experience in HDs, but I don't discriminate- a nice bike is a nice bike- no matter the make or model. I have an '06 HD StreetGlide also, so don't bash the hogs! My wife and I ride to different bike weeks/rallies and for vacations as much as we can.

I recently got rid of an '08 CBR600RR for my '08 FZ1, I couldn't stand the riding position any longer. I could not have made a better choice, the FZ1 is the most all-around fun motorcycle I have ever ridden.

I look forward to reading your posts to learn some things and I hope that I can throw out some help here and there. I have seen some great looking rides on this forum so far. Look forward to talking and riding with you guys.

Welcome and congrats!

Also, thank you for serving to protect our freedom! I was Army many years ago. Go ARMY!!

hi my name is shaun i ride fz1 have also owned 3 fz6 s2 in the last 3 years im married with a 5 year old son.loved the 600'sbut nothing comparesto the fz1,justlove the alround packageof this bike.

Hi Guys,

Thought I would say hello..

Thinking of getting a FZ1...just need to sort a test ride out.

Former owner of an SV650 and a Buell XB12Ss and Based in Sidcup in the UK.

Cheers
Neil

Hi I'm Ste from Bolton Lancs UK, not riding for another 2 weeks recovering from a hernia op, my bike's a 08 FZ1 S in graphite, twentieth bike I've owned been riding for 30 years, been through choppers HD's classics and trail bikes last bike was a zrx 1100,I'm married with one son wife rides an 06 Bonmeville

Back