New member welcome thread...

H People,
Been a bit of a lurker for the last few months. I picked myself what I consider an absolute bargain awhile ago. It's an 03 Bumblebee FZ1, 30K klms in pretty good nick for $3KAUS. These go for around $5K down here. Oh and I bought it of fleabay but did get a look at it 1st as it was local.

Anyways, when I got it home, I found that it has been a coast bike and the alloy had corrosion, the wheels also had corrosion and flaking paint. So I thought I'd give it a spruce up. I had the wheels painted 2pack gloss black, added some yellow rim stripe and coated the whole lot with a heap of clear. The fork legs, handlebars and mounts and radiator surrounds also all painted gloss black. I got rid of the antenna mirrors in favour of some bar end mirrors. I bought an aftermarket tinted screen and chopped it down to the top of the fairing. New black alloy levers with gold adjusters and gold tank cap bolts also got fitted. I cut back the ugly tail guard and set about polishing a heap of alloy and every bolt that got removed. Bought a new Delkevic carbon can and I gotta say, I am very happy with how she now looks, sounds and rides. Every time I take out for a spin, I get a smile from ear to ear :)

Before pic:

View attachment 15804

Now pic:

View attachment 15805

Looking forward to contributing and learning about this great bike.

Cheers,
Epoc

Greetings from Hope

I joined the FZ1 club about 2 years ago when I purchased a silver 2002 with around 4K miles on the clock. I got a great deal and the bike has been flawless. The bike is stock except for a Micron slipon, Ivan's Jet kit, Zero Gravity screen and corbin seat.

I bought the Fz1 after riding sport bikes both road and track for the last 12 years. Last 2 were an 01 Aprilia Mille and a 05 CBR 600RR. I wanted something more comfortable for road rides and I found it.

I live in Hope, NJ

Greg
002.JPG

Hello,
my name is Adrian , I`m romanian but since 2011 I`m living in Germany.
Last month I bought myself a Yamaha FZ1 Fazer `06.
I`m 26 years old , and this is my first bike, and I think for the moment these 150 hp are enough :)). I`m learning fast on it, it`s nice to drive, but somtimes a bit too sporty (the throttle is too sensible).
Anyway , nice to be here !

PS: I`ll make a topic in which I`ll need some advice.

:cheers:

20130725_185457_zpsf049cac0.jpg

Hey Guys,

I'm JB out of Texas. I currently ride and FZ8. I like tinkering with the motor and desire to slowly upgrade the 8 into a 1. I know people will wonder so why don't you just buy a 1 and the answer is simply insurance is twice as much for me. Also I am currently a good street rider not a great track rider. I plan on going to advanced riding schools until I'm a decent track rider and can handle the extra power better.
image_zps534140f8.jpg

Last edited:
hello

hi guys im steve almost 50 yrs old and love my FZ1 ! SHES KICK BACKTIME FOR ME ! ive been married once and never again :jaw drop:i go to as many british superbike meetings as the cash will allow and go to every one on my trusty FZ ! ive juat done the 12k service on her ao if snyone needs help let me know :welcome:ive posted s couple of pics on the gsllery of my bike

Last edited:
Newby Alert

I'm Daniel,

Just bought my first bike, 07 Blue (w/ gold forks [God they're ugly]) FZ1. Already having to make repairs to plastics that the previous owner didn't inform me about. Like I said it was my first bike purchase.

Recently (within the month) returned from Afghanistan and moved to Moore, OK. Did Iraq back in '08.

Can use all the info you can offer on performance and visual upgrades on my bike. I wanna go fast- Ricky Bobby

Order of info on replacing parts requested:
1. Exhaust (header back)
2. Seat
3. Handlebars and grips/ends
4. Windshield
5. Fairing
6. Lowering

Thank you for having a great forum!

Hello, I am from Portugal have brought one FZ1N from 2009, Black.

Have some mods:
Akrapovic Slip-On
Led tail-light
Tank cover Mate (Love this, never seen one with this)
Frame Sliders GYTR (from my FZ8)
Lower cooler
Smaller mirrors CNC (from my fz8)
PCV (from my fz8)
Lust Racing Jack Up Kit (Was to my FZ8, are new to be tested)

Best Regards to all.

New Member Hello

Hello folks!

I am in Portland, Oregon and just bought a 2007 Yamaha FZ1. It is actually my first bike that I have owned.

I come to you all with a heavy heart because just 5 days in some vandals slashed my seat and took out a 4" square. So if you are in the Portland Area keep and eye out. I have had several friends have the same thing happen to them. Arrrrggghhh :mad:

Besides that I have been sneaking in the last few nice day rides before the rain comes (although I plan to ride then too).

Mr.Skyehigh

Last edited:
Hi! New guy intro

Hi all! I'm Steve and I currently live in Dover, DE but formerly from Central Jersey. I've been riding for about twelve years and some previous bikes include a 1980 Honda CM400T, a 1984 Yamaha Virago XV700 (first bike), a 2001 Suzuki GS500, and the list goes on... I bought a lightly used 2009 Cobalt Blue FZ1 back in March from a dealer that I work at and have been in love since. I have lurked the forums for a few months but decided to join, so Hi! Theres gobs of great info on here and I offer my many thanks to those who provide it. Future plans are to keep ridin and if my wife has her way, possibly a Goldwing, lol. Well in the interest of not boring anyone into a computer induced coma, thats about all for now! I look forward to conversing and possibly meeting some of you eventually! Ride safe and keep the rubber side down! :)

My name is Nate and I am from Hudson, WI. I currently have a 2004 Warrior that I am trying to sell so I can get an FZ1. The Warrior is a great bike for a cruiser but I need something a little more on the sport side. My dream bike is a Ducati Diavel which I test rode about a month ago but it is not in the budget. I look forward to getting an FZ and letting the mods begin!

Last edited:
Hi everyone Wayne from Wiltshire England 2007 fz1n remus pipe, decat front pipe, air box mod, tail tidy, mini led indicators, one off paint job, not finished with mods yet. gonna do more work over the winter months. work in premier Yamaha dealer (phoenix motorcycles) as mechanic.

Last edited:
Hello all...David here...been riding since the 80's (I'm 43).
I currently have a 2002 FZ1 that I just bought back from I guy I sold it to two years after I wrecked it. I have 99% of the necessary parts to get it back on the road, but it's gonna look like a custom street fighter since the front fairing is in 30 pieces. Anyway, I still love it, and can't wait to get it back on the road.

After I wrecked it, I bought a 2009 Yamaha Roadliner Midnight, PERFECT CRUISER! I miss it too! But I missed my FZ, so after a year I traded the Roadliner in on a 2010 FZ1. I absolutely hated it! The 2nd Generation FZ really can't be compared with the 1st Gen. They wear similar plastic, but everything is different. To keep moving here, I rode the 2nd Gen FZ for a year, hated it, missed my Roadliner, so I ended up trading for a 2011 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe (the Roadliner all dressed up), which I still have also. So, I have my cruiser, and my FUN bike! I'm soooo stoked to have it back! There's just something about a bike that survives a wreck with you that creates an unspeakable bond.

I'm gonna put it together just so I can ride it, but I really do like the way they look with all the factory plastic on them, so I may end up picking up parts down the road, or maybe end up just buying another 1st Gen FZ1, specifically, a 2005 if I can find it.

That's all for now, thanks for listening!

God Bless! Ride Safe!
DRGray

Hey! I'm very happy to have found this site. I am new to the yamaha world. My last bike was a Triumph speed triple and I was very happy with it. I sold it last summer and decided to keep an open mind about my next bike. I took a liking to the R1s. A good deal came my way and here I am! I'm excited about this bike.

I have spent the majority of my life in southern Oregon and just recently moved to Lake Havasu Az. One of the factors was a riding season being 12 months rather than 3!

I am currently a EMT and going to college to be a paramedic. I was a auto tech for 12 years before that. I have seen some unfortunate motorcycle injuries but it doesn't keep me off the road, it just makes me more aware. :noworries:

Back