New member welcome thread...

New member...

Howdy folks. New member to your site.

Currently 47yrs old. Been riding since I was in the single digits. Stopped riding around '99 when 2nd spousal unit requested I stop. At that time I'd logged a little over 200,000 miles on street-oriented bikes. I bought a "Hurricane" 600 brand new in '87 and put over 106,000 miles on it.

I have a 21yr old son that just got a Suzuki Bandit 600. It's rekindled my longing to ride...and now that I have good life insurance..the wife is not a roadblock to my getting my two-wheeled fix again!

I've owned a 2003 FZ1 for about 3 weeks. So far the only forward motion it has achieved is me pushing it onto the trailer when I bought it.

The story was that when he rode it for the first time after winter it was running rough. He gave it extra gas to get through the 'rough spot' which was a considerably higher RPM. At this point, he released clutch and zoom... the bike wheelied up to 12 o'clock, breaking rear cowling, then slammed down, bending front rim, and fell on its side, damaging case. The visible damaged confirmed the story so I felt 'good enough' I can fix it.

Only after taking tank/carbs off did I notice the small bracket above carbs was not straight. Motor was in the frame crooked... Two motor mounts broken.

Not blaming the guy I bought it from except I can tell his story was not the whole truth. MY BAD for not being more critical but it's mine now so I'm doing the best I can to get it back to being road-worthy.

Posting a link with pics of my project.

The Project

Cheers!

Eyup. New member to the site.

I've been riding since I was 16. Started out on an FS1E back in England. I now live in Los Angeles as I married a native Californian. Currently I have a 2002 Fazer 1000 and a SV1000S.

Cheers,
Malcolm

New guy here

Hey all. I have been creeping this forum off and on for a bit. I have a 2007 FZ1 blue(faster color so says the admin) I live in NH and and am stoked to be on this forum.a

Eyup. New member to the site.

I've been riding since I was 16. Started out on an FS1E back in England. I now live in Los Angeles as I married a native Californian. Currently I have a 2002 Fazer 1000 and a SV1000S.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Hey all. I have been creeping this forum off and on for a bit. I have a 2007 FZ1 blue(faster color so says the admin) I live in NH and and am stoked to be on this forum.a

Welcome to Malcolm and Vandal. Glad to have you both on board! :welcome:

hi all

new member here. UK based, upto now been a honda devotee. cbrs, vfrs, owned quite a few. anyway decided to px my vfr800fi for a fz1 08. picked it up tonight, love it already B-)

black which i think is the best fz1 colour. already changed stock mirrors, going to fit short levers and im thinking of a belly pan too. I'm going to need a screen as well.

got to say, only ridden 10 miles or so from dealership to home in rush hour (apart from test ride), but i love the balance of the fz1, steering is so light and responsive.

Hi all from Sydney

Hey All

Just a quick shout out to the FZ1 forum. Only been riding for a few years now on smaller Honda bikes , CB400, CBR250R.

Just picked up a used 06 FZ1N in that sweet Blue. The previous owner did some beautiful tidy ups which I have the benefit of enjoying. This bike trucks, and trucks. More power than is needed but bye gosh warp speed is fun.

Well its Friday here and I have nice weekend of sun ahead of me. Time for nice long ride.

Shakies

Hi everyone.

Im Matt, Englishman living in Belgium.

Just got rid of my K1300R and bought a 2009 FZ1S as my neck and back wont let me ride anything with a 'low' steering.

Bit dissapointed with the power delivery, doesnt seem to do anything under 7k rpm but its way more comfy than the K was, I have the comfort seat which helps.

No real plans to do anything with it except Ive fitted a larger rear sprocket to help liven it up a bit and crash protection throughout. Bungs, casing sliders, swingarm bung, Bar ends etc...

Im sure I'll get to know you over time with dumb ass questions and sarcastic answers ;)

Welcome Matt

I just moved to Limburg, do you know about Eifel national park? great place to ride, leave a message if you want a riding buddy.

I also live in Limburg :p

Yes, I know the Eifel.
We normally ride to Spa Francorchamps, set up camp at Spa circuit, have a blast around Spa and the next morning hit the Eifel early :cloud9:

New Ride

High guys I just picked up a 2005 FZ1. It has 11400 miles but it was taken care of. This is a very easy bike to ride. I also have a 1978 CB750 that I did a frame off restoration but the FZ1 is a tad more comfortable and handles like a dream. I can't wait to get some miles on it.

Great site with a lot of awesome info.

Brent

Back